Jeff Thomas

Not to pee in the pool but the all he is is fast. He NEVER fights for the football and a LOT of Rosiers picks have been partialy his fault because he doesn't come back to the ball or fight in any way. Doesn't mean he can't improve but right now he is just track star
Putting it in CAPS doesn’t make it TRUE

Advertisement
his fumbles are akin to Portis in Blacksburg in 99, growing pains for what might be a very special career at the U

I just hope he along with our other WR's have a different QB throwing to them next season

Last edited:
The only reason he wasn't a Freshman AA this year is because the QB couldn't get him the ball.

He's a difference maker - but you can only make a difference when you get the (well-thrown and placed) ball.

Has been constantly getting behind secondaries for weeks now. Yea, he had the fumble last night, but IDGAF. No one can keep up with him

Can't wait until next year, he is going to have a huge season with a real QB who can actually get him the ball in stride

Advertisement
He has a lot of special tools. His get-off is elite. He has a ton of room to improve. Long way to become a complete receiver who can pick and choose his spots.

Advertisement
He's unguardable when he gets a clean release. He already looks like prime DeSean Jackson running double moves, corner posts, etc.

Almost worthless without competent QB play though. Perry is the only guy on the roster with the arm talent to take advantage so I hope he figures out the rest of his game.

I watched Kosi's tape again last night and I just cannot wait for their connection

Kid needs to live in the weight room, he's just not strong enough yet. He'll get there

Advertisement
his fumbles are akin to Portis in Blacksburg in 99, growing pains for what might be a very special career at the U

I just hope he along with our other WR's have a different QB throwing to them next season

That's true but I have not seen Thomas have that it factor in games. What I mean is the constant lack of fighting for balls throughout the year. His propensity to fumble, his awkwardness on KORs are signs that he may not have that factor that so many kids have (or turn on) when the lights come on. Love his athletic ability, though. Needs to have a great spring.

I attend most home or away. He NEVER fights for the ball

While I don't think you're wrong, his routes are usually fly and post routes. Never anything back shoulder or in the air so his chances have been limited. If you go watch 89 blocks (the documentary on his senior season in HS), you will be able to see his hops in action

No doubt.

But he put the ball on the ground three times last night I believe. Can't do it.

That was such a back breaker. The one time Rosier makes a nice throw, an easy pitch and catch for 15 yards or so, and he puts it on the ground, largely unforced. Just can't have that.

Advertisement
Elite WR that needs more coaching to excel at KR. Him and a healthy Richards will be unfair.

Brad Kayaa may have made him a household name. There is no denying he can get behind defenses better than anyone on the team but the ball has to be perfect. The better the competition the more he is gonna have to learn to compete for the football. The reason he got open on that play BTW is partially because of the deception created by the Rosier rollout. We need motion,rollouts,jet sweeps,play fakes from under center to create space for ALL of our receivers. We need a real OC

Advertisement
Back