Jeff Thomas

As far as PR go, looks like CMR had a standing order for Berrios to fair catch every punt. How many did he put his hand up for when there was no defender within 10-15 yards? At least he was extremely dependable in not dropping any! Not a small thing.

Advertisement
Has been constantly getting behind secondaries for weeks now. Yea, he had the fumble last night, but IDGAF. No one can keep up with him

Can't wait until next year, he is going to have a huge season with a real QB who can actually get him the ball in stride

Perry to Thomas... is going to be historical... mark it down.

I attend most home or away. He NEVER fights for the ball

While I don't think you're wrong, his routes are usually fly and post routes. Never anything back shoulder or in the air so his chances have been limited. If you go watch 89 blocks (the documentary on his senior season in HS), you will be able to see his hops in action
Funny that you would reference “89 Blocks”…

A lot of what I see with Thomas, I saw in “89 Blocks”…

- he gives up [on routes] when frustrated
- he doesn’t fight for the ball like a go to WR (Fitzgerald, Bryant, Irvin)
- he hangs his head...

That documentary shows a pretty closed off person. Not bad, just...well, I’d rather not say because I don’t know him. I don’t think he’s closed off in the way articles have suggested Marvin Harrison is https://www.gq.com/story/marvin-harrison , I’m just hoping that Miami is giving him all the needed help to adjust.

He’s not a complete receiver/returner but he has the tools to become one (and no, he wouldn’t have been AA with a more accurate QB, imo). I’m rooting HARD for Jeff Thomas. Not only to go to the NFL but also to have a University of Miami degree in hand when he shows at NFL camp.

Go Canes!

he has raw talent but he isnt the right size to be dominant. we need a 6 3 guy who can run a 4.4.

thomas is shorter than most dbs

Not to pee in the pool but the all he is is fast. He NEVER fights for the football and a LOT of Rosiers picks have been partialy his fault because he doesn't come back to the ball or fight in any way. Doesn't mean he can't improve but right now he is just track star

I'm curious to know what games you've been watching because that is a pretty dumb analysis IMO. I admit there were a few times he could have came back to the ball or fought a little harder for it but he isn't exactly a jump ball receiver and Malik often throws the ball too high, too far or not far enough. Thomas shouldn't have to come back to the ball when he's torched a DB and has 10 yards on him
Da fugg? A receiver fights for the ball no matter the throw. Low, high, short, long; when that ball is in the air, it's yours. Thomas is very fluid and has burst, but he'll sit there and watch an int happen right in front of him. That should not happen.

Advertisement
Right now Thomas is Lance Leggett.

Great physical skills, and perfect if all you want to run is a go route. His route running is just OK, he has no feel for the game (doesn't move properly when his QB is on the run), and has no return skills.

It's OK to see his speed and hope for the future, but he hasn't done anything yet.

Great physical skills, and perfect if all you want to run is a go route. His route running is just OK, he has no feel for the game (doesn't move properly when his QB is on the run), and has no return skills.

It's OK to see his speed and hope for the future, but he hasn't done anything yet.

Garbage post

The kid was WIDE OPEN (potential TD) a couple times seemingly every game. With some accurate throws his way, he'd have done major things this year.

Garbage post

Thanks for your brilliant insight.

(bet you had to look up Lance Leggett first!)

Last edited:
Advertisement

The kid was WIDE OPEN (potential TD) a couple times seemingly every game. With some accurate throws his way, he'd have done major things this year.

That is true, but that makes him a deep threat only, not a complete receiver. Remember, he also dropped some deep balls (including one in the ACC champ game).

I just don't see anything yet that deserves the amount of slurping he gets on the board.

Not to pee in the pool but the all he is is fast. He NEVER fights for the football and a LOT of Rosiers picks have been partialy his fault because he doesn't come back to the ball or fight in any way. Doesn't mean he can't improve but right now he is just track star

I'm curious to know what games you've been watching because that is a pretty dumb analysis IMO. I admit there were a few times he could have came back to the ball or fought a little harder for it but he isn't exactly a jump ball receiver and Malik often throws the ball too high, too far or not far enough. Thomas shouldn't have to come back to the ball when he's torched a DB and has 10 yards on him
Da fugg? A receiver fights for the ball no matter the throw. Low, high, short, long; when that ball is in the air, it's yours. Thomas is very fluid and has burst, but he'll sit there and watch an int happen right in front of him. That should not happen.

What is the point in responding to my post to say the same thing I said??? I said in my post he could do a better job of fighting for the ball BUT he shouldn't HAVE TO turn around and come back to fight for a ball when the DB is beat by 10 yards. A good QB should be able to hit him in stride and with his speed it's an easy 6. Also if we've been watching the same games the passes are far too often not even catchable. Malik does a terrible job at times when it comes to giving his WRs a chance to make a play

Last edited:

Garbage post

Thanks for your brilliant insight.

(bet you had to look up Lance Leggett first!)

You lost the bet. Pay up.

Advertisement
Im suprised he hasnt returned a kickoff for touchdown

Im not. Hes afraid of contact. Afraid to hit the hole hard. Its the exact reason why he shouldn't be getting any reverses and trick plays.

He is a one trick pony till further notice

Advertisement
he has raw talent but he isnt the right size to be dominant. we need a 6 3 guy who can run a 4.4.

thomas is shorter than most dbs

so was travis benjamin. And he still produces at an elite level.

We need a better QB and to mix up the route designs.

Above post is bullsh8t

Really? Again, excellent insight.

Please tell me what about these numbers deserves the amount of gushing that occurs on this board for Thomas.

SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2017 16 326 20.4 78 2

Now compare these to Berrios' freshman numbers- remember, most people on this board were trashing Berrios up until this season.

2014 21 232 11.0 33 3

JT gets picked off a lot. He is at a height disadvantage. A proper arc on those passes will help his numbers significantly.

Above post is bullsh8t

Really? Again, excellent insight.

Please tell me what about these numbers deserves the amount of gushing that occurs on this board for Thomas.

2017 16 326 20.4 78 2

Now compare these to Berrios' freshman numbers- remember, most people on this board were trashing Berrios up until this season.

2014 21 232 11.0 33 3

The kid is a freshman who has shown an exceptional ability to stretch defenses. His get-off is elite, which is one of the most important traits in playing receiver. He has a lot of work to do to become a complete receiver. What exactly is your point in bashing him?

Advertisement
Back