Jeff Thomas

I fear unless Perry can drive the ball downfield Thomas will be a waste of a weapon....

Kid is open every time but throwing short to where a defender catches up or just flat missing him open on a post...

Dude will be making big money in the league we just need a QB that can take advantage of that miss match and open up the passing game

Advertisement
Above post is bullsh8t

Really? Again, excellent insight.

Please tell me what about these numbers deserves the amount of gushing that occurs on this board for Thomas.

SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2017 16 326 20.4 78 2

Now compare these to Berrios' freshman numbers- remember, most people on this board were trashing Berrios up until this season.

2014 21 232 11.0 33 3

The kid is a freshman who has shown an exceptional ability to stretch defenses. His get-off is elite, which is one of the most important traits in playing receiver. He has a lot of work to do to become a complete receiver. What exactly is your point in bashing him?

Not bashing him, just not on his tip like a lot of the guys here. Will wait to see if he develops before I jump on board.

Above post is bullsh8t

Please tell me what about these numbers deserves the amount of gushing that occurs on this board for Thomas.

2017 16 326 20.4 78 2

Now compare these to Berrios' freshman numbers- remember, most people on this board were trashing Berrios up until this season.

2014 21 232 11.0 33 3

The kid is a freshman who has shown an exceptional ability to stretch defenses. His get-off is elite, which is one of the most important traits in playing receiver. He has a lot of work to do to become a complete receiver. What exactly is your point in bashing him?

Not bashing him, just not on his tip like a lot of the guys here. Will wait to see if he develops before I jump on board.

You’re not bashing him but you’re comparing him to one of the worst receivers to ever play here. Right.

Advertisement
Above post is bullsh8t

2017 16 326 20.4 78 2

2014 21 232 11.0 33 3

You’re not bashing him but you’re comparing him to one of the worst receivers to ever play here. Right.

You think the comparison isn't valid?

Leggett came here as a "can't miss" prospect.

Here are his freshman stats:

12 games 17 receptions 349 yards 20.5 ypc ave. 4 TD

Look familiar? Almost the exact same statistics (Leggett had twice as many TDs) and Leggett was brutalized for being a bust.

2017 16 326 20.4 78 2

2014 21 232 11.0 33 3

Look familiar? Almost the exact same statistics (Leggett had twice as many TDs) and Leggett was brutalized for being a bust.

Oh Ok. If you have similar stats to Lance Leggett that means you are Lance Leggett. Leggett was brutalized for being a bust because he significantly regressed after his freshman season and was literally ducking when balls got thrown at him.

Thanks 4 the analysis though. Great contribution to the board. It’s cute thay you went to your first UM game of the year, analyzed “body language” and decided to come on here with some idiotic hot take. Maybe just keep it to yourself next time.

Advertisement

Oh Ok. If you have similar stats to Lance Leggett that means you are Lance Leggett. Leggett was brutalized for being a bust because he significantly regressed after his freshman season and was literally ducking when balls got thrown at him.

Thanks 4 the analysis though. Great contribution to the board. It’s cute thay you went to your first UM game of the year, analyzed “body language” and decided to come on here with some idiotic hot take. Maybe just keep it to yourself next time.

Are you really this stupid? Or are you pretending ignorance.

Read my post carefully. Leggett was brutalized AFTER HIS FRESHMAN year for being a bust. I am comparing Thomas after his freshman year to Leggett after his freshman year. I am not saying Thomas is a bust; I am saying he hasn't done anything for guys like you to gush over him.

I am guessing you weren't around during the Leggett years and don't remember what it was like. Still doesn't explain your lack of reading comprehension.

Santana Moss struggled his freshman year. He got stronger and worked on his game, and drastically improved.
The problem with Rosier getting him the ball on go routes was not one of arm strength as much as it was getting the ball out late. Malik does not anticipate (read) routes opening.

Read my post carefully. Leggett was brutalized AFTER HIS FRESHMAN year for being a bust. I am comparing Thomas after his freshman year to Leggett after his freshman year. I am not saying Thomas is a bust; I am saying he hasn't done anything for guys like you to gush over him.

I am guessing you weren't around during the Leggett years and don't remember what it was like. Still doesn't explain your lack of reading comprehension.

LMFAO. No he wasn’t. You’re making **** up. Leggett was viewed as a stud because of his freshman performance. He became a disaster after that.

You’re a liar. Nobody called Lance Leggett a “bust” because of his freshman year performance where he started for a large portion of the year and was the second best receiver on the team behind Parrish.

And the idea that you’d try to label a freshman as a “bust” is retarded in the first place. I thought you weren’t bashing Jeff thomas? See your way out of this conversation, chief. You’re a confused, old liar.

Advertisement
Just looking at the stats only tells a fraction of the story. To start, over 20 yards per catch is elite. If you watch all of the games you'll see he's getting wide open down field against everyone. If not for poor throws he finishes the season with at least 8 TDs.

Just looking at the stats only tells a fraction of the story. To start, over 20 yards per catch is elite. If you watch all of the games you'll see he's getting wide open down field against everyone. If not for poor throws he finishes the season with at least 8 TDs.

His stats are fine. Kid had a fine freshman season with a ton of room to improve.

Guys like [MENTION=131]Nopain[/MENTION] are trying to be the smartest guy in the room and blatantly lying along the way to support a made-up narrative.

Advertisement

This. When CMR finds someone that can actually deliver the ball Thomas will be cruising towards all american status. Dude has been wide the f*ck open all year long.

LMFAO. No he wasn’t. You’re making **** up. Leggett was viewed as a stud because of his freshman performance. He became a disaster after that.

You’re a liar. Nobody called Lance Leggett a “bust” because of his freshman year performance where he started for a large portion of the year and was the second best receiver on the team behind Parrish.

And the idea that you’d try to label a freshman as a “bust” is retarded in the first place. I thought you weren’t bashing Jeff thomas? See your way out of this conversation, chief. You’re a confused, old liar.

And you obviously started following the canes recently.

Leggett came is as a top 20 (or so) recruit who everyone expected to be a superstar from the beginning. He had an OK freshman season that was plagued by quite a few drops (sound familiar?), and bu the end of the season a lot of people were definitely calling him a bust. I thought that was stupid then, and I think people calling Thomas a bust now are just as stupid; jury is out. However, people pointing out his "elite" characteristics are equally stupid until they result in plays being made on the field consistently.

Had more receptions and yards and the same number of TDs than all world everything Jerry Jeudy.

Advertisement
Back