Jeff Thomas Underutilization

@apfenny3 can you provide any insight into this Perry situation? The only thing I can think of that would not make CMR a total ***-hat making the QB change is that Perry is a total ****-up off the field.

Advertisement
Unless richt gives up control of the offense he's basically gonna End up getting himself fired. There no reason any reasonable coach can't look at the situation and realize changes need to be mad unless he's ***** stupid, dumb or retarded. No just stupid....***** stupid!

This ****es me off to no end. 1 catch 5 yards. Whyyyyyyy. Get this man the ball. We always run him deep. Why? Crosses, screens, sweeps...something.

But why get him the ball in all those types of plays. It’s complicated and more risky than running for 1-2 yards if lucky right into the heart of the DL if you are lucky and don’t run run into your own lineman.

Can someone point me to this new NCAA transfer rule? Am I missing something as it relates to Thomas? Because the only way he'd be able to transfer without sitting out is either a hardship transfer (has to be approved by the NCAA) and if he graduated.
You're not. At this point, it'd be absurd for him to transfer. Doesn't change it's actually more absurd how we [fail to] get him the ball.

Advertisement
Richt is a good man and a good head of the program. At this point, he obviously doesn't have it as an OC. It's concerning to think about the possibility that his desire for full control of the offense is moreso about his not wanting anyone on the team that can challenge his say like they did his last few years at Georgia, & that keeping his & his son's workplace "comfortable" is a bigger priority than winning football games, considering how he's secured his position with his overall contributions to the program. Do you think an elite OC would be ok with wasting the QB coaching position on little Jon? What about keeping your most talented QB on the bench due to seniority while the other QBs shìt the bed? Therein lies the problem.

We don't use JT4 enough, but y'all are over exaggerating a bit here. Dude has the 2nd most receptions on the team.

We don't use any of our guys enough. We are littered with weapons across the board and none of them do anything because of this moron that calls plays.

Advertisement
If we had an innovative offensive mind like Brohm or Riley or even Kendall Briles we’d be unstoppable on offense. It’s all about offensive coaching at this point. We are so stagnant.
Brother if we had the Annexation of Puerto Rico kid from Little Giants we would be unstoppable on offense

Rick has an offense built for leather helmets

We don't use JT4 enough, but y'all are over exaggerating a bit here. Dude has the 2nd most receptions on the team.

Doesnt he have less than 20 catches 7 games into the season?

That wouldn't be a bad number if he was our 4th reciever...

Richt needs to structure the offense around Jeff and Brevin. Rn they are our two biggest playmakers and are not even being utilized for most of the game.
"RICHT NEEDS TO ________ "

While Canes fans are jacking around with bull**** like that ........ how many more NCs will Saban and Bama win ???

Our play selection needs to be designed around getting certain players involved specifically. Richt seems to be calling generic plays and has no go to plays to directly utilize our stars.

Advertisement
JT4 and Hartley should be ulitize like tyree hill and albert wilson. Our only hope is if the coaching staff convince Richt to ulitize motioning often. Also the fan base isn’t asking Richt run 50 different plays and then try to add a lot of pre-snap movement, instead of running 5 core plays that you can dress up to look different.

Advertisement
If you follow HS football or even just number of NFL players by state you would know that Georgia has gotten much more loaded talent wise in the 00s compared to the 90s.
Alright, I give up. I just wanted to point out that they were not a great program by default at the time.

Alright, I give up. I just wanted to point out that they were not a great program by default at the time.

Richt came in at the perfect time. They are one of the most talent filled states now and they have no instate competition. They also have very wealthy boosters and are academically a good school.

Advertisement
Back