Jeff Thomas Underutilization

He's visibly ****ed on the sidelines, and rightfully so. Now the qb who said he covers himself is back in the fold, throwing heavers. This could get ugly quick

Advertisement
Even the casual football fan realizes you need to get the ball to JT4. Yet, here we are. Only getting 1 touch the entire game. Richt trying to fit a square peg in a round hole again. He really needs to step away as OC. His QB recruiting and development has been garbage. And his play calling is lousy as well. The offense is a disaster. Someone needs to be held accountable on that side of the ball.

Advertisement
I don't think we've thrown a shallow to intermediate crossing pattern since Ahmmon against Duke last year.
We’ve thrown about 3. In 14 games. Cager dropped one against FSU. I wait for these like small children wait by the window for their dad to get home from work, but the father abandoned this family and decided to take care of his second family.

Don’t personally feel like getting into a discussion about the entire offense, but I will day I think Jeff Thomas is the most underutilized player in the country right now. Take a look at Purdue freshman WR Rondale Moore to see how we should be using Thomas.

Apfenny the board needs your opinion on this atrocious play calling

Advertisement
If we had an innovative offensive mind like Brohm or Riley or even Kendall Briles we’d be unstoppable on offense. It’s all about offensive coaching at this point. We are so stagnant.

Brohm's offense is a cuter version of Richt's. He never runs the football. No thanks...and I like Brohm, like watching his offense, and know he's pretty productive. But there is a difference between liking a guy and knowing he isn't a championship guy. Brohm isn't a championship guy.

Advertisement
re: Jeff Thomas.

He's a guy that isn't just underutilized...he is a guy that needs to be FED. Just get the ball in his hands. The shallow crosses with Thomas would be money. Unfortunately, Richt is calling plays like its 1997. Today's pro-ish offense...all shallow drags, crosses, nines and outs. Richt's offense barely runs this stuff outside of the bombs, and when he does, it all verts like he's playing Madden hoping to hit the slot on the right side as he breaks from the linebacker...unfortunately, IRL, safeties are sitting there all of the time.

Meanwhile, Richt is trying to run deep posts and **** that is always covered or needs Aaron Rodgers to hit the pass.

With that said...Rosier is much more egregious than Perry, but both guys miss wide open players that would just eat up chunks of field on even the most mundane of plays. Perry almost never sees the wide open valve on the flat. Rosier's eyes are always downfield and as a result he doesn't even see the player wide open right in front of him.

Advertisement
It's ridiculous how every other team in country finds a way to get the ball in the hands of their fastest guy but we can't.

That’s literally all it would take. I could not imagine being as stubborn as Richt is.

It really is amazing. Al Golden was stubborn too, but even if he adjusted, he's not good at talent evaluation or developing players.

Richt's literally sitting on a potential national title team (we have arguably the best D in the country) if he hires a legit OC.

Can someone point me to this new NCAA transfer rule? Am I missing something as it relates to Thomas? Because the only way he'd be able to transfer without sitting out is either a hardship transfer (has to be approved by the NCAA) and if he graduated.

Advertisement
Back