Jeff Thomas Underutilization

We’ve thrown about 3. In 14 games. Cager dropped one against FSU. I wait for these like small children wait by the window for their dad to get home from work, but the father abandoned this family and decided to take care of his second family.

:6e482c-o:

Advertisement
Tyreek Hill is unintentionally making Jeff Thomas a ton of future money as he shows how that style of player can be utilized in different ways. Shame we do virtually none of it. And, I'm not even talking about the jet sweeps and gadget plays, only. Hill runs routes where he is running across the field and away from his defenders. Makes some sense, no? Instead, we mostly play Thomas as if he's Alshon Jeffery - deep posts, corner routes, occasional slants, go routes.

Tyreek Hill is unintentionally making Jeff Thomas a ton of future money as he show how that style of player can be utilized in different ways. Shame we do virtually none of it. And, I'm not even talking about the jet sweeps and gadget plays, only. Hill runs routes where he is running across the field and away from his defenders. Makes some sense, no? Instead, we mostly play Thomas as if he's Alshon Jeffery - deep posts, corner routes, occasional slants, go routes.

it's all about the offensive line, man. Offensive line, that's it

Advertisement
Nick was a stud.

I wish he stayed here.
He did ok early on in his career before the shoulders went, but was going to literally be off the bench for us. People don't find that weird? A guy who wouldn't be starting for us was on the OL of a team that ravaged UVA for 5.4 yards/run and controlled conversions. Yet, our OL can't produce what they did against the same opponent? Odd stuff.

He did ok early on in his career before the shoulders went, but was going to literally be off the bench for us. People don't find that weird? A guy who wouldn't be starting for us was on the OL of a team that ravaged UVA for 5.4 yards/run and controlled conversions. Yet, our OL can't produce what they did against the same opponent? Odd stuff.

It is indeed weird, friend.

Do you have any answers as to why that is the case?

Advertisement
I rest my case
2BDF4D01-D9AF-42F0-B18B-C4E2E325AB05.jpeg

Advertisement
This is depressing. We should dominate with our skill position players.

Anyone think maybe both Rosier and Perry suck? In other words, our QBs aren’t good enough for us to exploit our skill position players.

Kaaya in this offense would have us humming.

Maybe a combination of that with poor coaching.

Advertisement

Anyone think maybe both Rosier and Perry suck? In other words, our QBs aren’t good enough for us to exploit our skill position players.

It’s not just rosier or Perry, richts playcalling is a big reason in why the offense has sputtered lately playing too **** conservative. Yeah rosier accuracy is bad and he’s a rythmic qb that gets going better when he’s running the ball pretty well. Get him some easy throws to make. With Perry I just think we didn’t work the passing game enough vs unc like we should have in that second half and it showed the games after. In addition to that richt was entirely too conservative. So yes these qbs have their faults but richt is doing them no favors when getting them in rhythm in terms of playcalling which also is doing no favors for the olineman either

Its poor coaching, play calling but mostly scheme issues.

You think Dave Blough is good?

If we had an innovative offensive mind like Brohm or Riley or even Kendall Briles we’d be unstoppable on offense. It’s all about offensive coaching at this point. We are so stagnant.

Spot on , stagnation of getting the ball to the playmakers.
When we try it’s glaring we need to and overthrows and falling short and easy to defend or just let it go incomplete on its own.

GOCANES

Good point

Advertisement
Back