Jeff Thomas story time from Footballville....

Advertisement
We had plenty of opportunities to win the game after the muff, and we blew it.

LOL @ the myopic Thomas haters thinking that one play will effect His draft status...I guess Sean Taylor shouldn't have been drafted because He muffed a punt vs Tennessee in 03', huh?

I don't think reasonable posters believe that his muff will have any impact on if, or where, he gets drafted. I think his collegiate career, in total, speaks volumes about him as a potential draft pick. His career at Miami, when compared to what most believed it would be, or had the potential to be, has been a complete failure and disappointment.

Stacey Coley did more with less and
How much of a swing were all those sacks, the run by toney, the fake punt, missed fg, and bomb to Hammond? We were threatening to score so How was it a 14 point swing when he muffed it on our goal line? We missed a 27 yrd fg then immediately gave up a 4 play yrd drive touchdown. That is what you call a 13 point swing.

We also had the lead after the muff. JT player a part in the L just like everyone else.

Here's the thing, the guy has been hyped as one of our best players for two years. The hype train leading up to that game for JT4's return was insane. Cane fans were elevating our WR's over UF's. Then JT4 had zero positive impact on that game and dropped 14 points. (The dropped touchdown kept 7 off the board and the muffed put 7 on the board for UF)

Nobody reasonable is going to knock Zion Nelson for getting destroyed in his first ever game. But one of your best players who thinks he's good enough to leave early? He shouldn't be costing games.

LOL @ the myopic Thomas haters thinking that one play will effect His draft status...I guess Sean Taylor shouldn't have been drafted because He muffed a punt vs Tennessee in 03', huh?

Sean Taylor also made plays consistently. Jeff Thomas was a ghost 3/4's of the season.

Advertisement
Why? For the most part, his collegiate career was a failure. Why would you want that quitters attitude infesting the Seahawks.
Sorry to inform you but NFL have all types of personalities. Seahawks is known for taking players with off field issues and making it work. Quitter then what is King? What’s the difference?

Sorry to inform you but NFL have all types of personalities. Seahawks is known for taking players with off field issues and making it work. Quitter then what is King? What’s the difference?

Kids that actually produce and have other issues is far different than kids that don't produce and possess those same "other issues." You guys are going to be highly disappointed when he goes undrafted or gets cut before the season starts.

When a good point turns into hyperbole.... Sean Taylor had an entire career of incredible tape to supersede a mistake like that. Not the case with JT4. Now, I agree with your point that one muffed punt isn't going to impact his draft stock, but the comparison to ST makes no sense. If JT4 had performed like ST in college, no one would be talking about his muffed punt in Orlando.

I don't think reasonable posters believe that his muff will have any impact on if, or where, he gets drafted. I think his collegiate career, in total, speaks volumes about him as a potential draft pick. His career at Miami, when compared to what most believed it would be, or had the potential to be, has been a complete failure and disappointment.
His coaching at UM was absolute F-ing Trash...His OC and WR coaches had NO business at UM to begin with...

Advertisement
His coaching at UM was absolute F-ing Trash...His OC and WR coaches had NO business at UM to begin with...

Lots of kids have had ****** coaching at different levels of their careers....but it doesn't mean you get to quit and be un-reliable because of that. Shows a lack of character. Not only did he quit at UM, he then quit on Illinois after telling their staff he was coming....only to be a JAG on the field at UM.

Lots of kids have had ****** coaching at different levels of their careers....but it doesn't mean you get to quit and be un-reliable because of that. Shows a lack of character. Not only did he quit at UM, he then quit on Illinois after telling their staff he was coming....only to be a JAG on the field at UM.
Just a JAG...who toyed with LSUs soon to be (yr later) NC winning Secondary...and his catch against FSU between 2 defenders that literally kept us in the game...Gotcha

Just a JAG...who toyed with LSUs soon to be (yr later) NC winning Secondary...and his catch against FSU between 2 defenders that literally kept us in the game...Gotcha

Yes, the kid with very pedestrian stats at the collegiate level...yes that kid. The kid who quit on two different teams at the collegiate level...yes that kid.

You just threw out there one game and one catch as validation of him not being a JAG in college. Good luck with that.

Advertisement
Yea try saying that in an interview withNFL teams. What you fail to realize is that had he played hard and Not Been a quitter he’d be looked at in a positive light for fighting through the adversity. You know like the rest of players who have **** coaching, bad OL and QB play

Jeff is trash and will never be anything but fast

Great example using an all time great compared to some nobody WR

I was at that game. That sucked....

Advertisement
Yes, the kid with very pedestrian stats at the collegiate level...yes that kid. The kid who quit on two different teams at the collegiate level...yes that kid.

You just threw out there one game and one catch as validation of him not being a JAG in college. Good luck with that.
If I were an nfl exec interested in jt I would grill him for his on the field work ethic. Brodie was jogging half his routes and didn’t look like he wanted to be on the field with either richt or diaz at hc. I don’t get the jt slurping at all.

Wish him nothing but the best post UM but his time here was a disappointment.

If I were an nfl exec interested in jt I would grill him for his on the field work ethic. Brodie was jogging half his routes and didn’t look like he wanted to be on the field with either richt or diaz at hc. I don’t get the jt slurping at all.

Wish him nothing but the best post UM but his time here was a disappointment.
You don’t wish him nothing but the best , you dragging him every post

Both of his WR coaches are well regarded and both left us for a P5 gig. That's just an excuse. The OC's were terrible but in the same way Brevin and KJ Olsen still made plays any WR could have. Jeff slept walked through his career

Advertisement
Back