Jeff Thomas story time from Footballville....

Advertisement
Stacey Coley did more with less and

Here's the thing, the guy has been hyped as one of our best players for two years. The hype train leading up to that game for JT4's return was insane. Cane fans were elevating our WR's over UF's. Then JT4 had zero positive impact on that game and dropped 14 points. (The dropped touchdown kept 7 off the board and the muffed put 7 on the board for UF)

Nobody reasonable is going to knock Zion Nelson for getting destroyed in his first ever game. But one of your best players who thinks he's good enough to leave early? He shouldn't be costing games.
10 sacks were a major reason we lost. Zion was apart of that. Blame whoever, we gave up 10 sacks. To keep singling JT out as the reason we lost that games is showing an agenda.

10 sacks were a major reason we lost. Zion was apart of that. Blame whoever, we gave up 10 sacks. To keep singling JT out as the reason we lost that games is showing an agenda.

What’s the agenda? That I expected more from this “insanely talented” player I’ve been hearing about for three years? Miami fans hyped Jeff over any of UF’s WR’s yet he only had a negative impact.

Hope JT4 does well in especially in these interviews. Would love to see him in Seattle.

I'd love seeing him in Philadelphia or Vegas....(the teams I am a fan of.

Yeah even Seattle ...because Pete Carroll would definitely get the best out of him

If he ends up with NE 😳 Brady could play till he's 50

If he ends up with KC 🤩 They'll create a dynasty that will rival what NE accomplished....if Andy Reid doesn't eat himself to death 🤗

He most likely won't be drafted high... and may even fall out of the draft ....but his extraordinary talent, when utilized , is undeniable...and he'll make the teams that passed on him regret it.

IMO He wasn't motivated in college...but the challenge of playing against the best will put him in overdrive to succeed.

Advertisement
Worst offensive coordinators in college football?

Almost the worst quarterbacking in college football?

Taken in context, stats are not where you judge JT.

He is obviously an NFL talent. Whether he is pro bowl or practice squad is yet to be determined.

With the right organization, he could be the steal of the the draft. With the wrong organization, he won’t make a practice squad. A smart coach will take him with a late pick just to see what he brings to the table. Yeah you could try to get him undrafted but I think he will have multiple suitors unless he bombs the interview process.

Yeah even Seattle ...because Pete Carroll would definitely get the best out of him

If he ends up with KC 🤩 They'll create a dynasty that will rival what NE accomplished....if Andy Reid doesn't eat himself to death 🤗

He most likely won't be drafted high... and may even fall out of the draft ....but his extraordinary talent, when utilized , is undeniable...and he'll make the teams that passed on him regret it.

IMO He wasn't motivated in college...but the challenge of playing against the best will put him in overdrive to succeed.

I wonder if the college teams he passed on also regret it.

Miami is a cluster **** and everybody knows it.

Only the most special guys like Deejay and Shaq can toe the line with ****ery all around. Some kids are sensitive to sniffing out bullshyt and don’t give max effort to lost causes.

This is the wrong thing to do because in the end, you only hurt yourself. I say this because getting into a competently run organization MAY help Jeff take it to the next level.

I have seen this happen many times and even done it myself. As I got older I realized the success often comes by giving your all to a lost cause while surrounded by incompetence. The only factor I can control is myself. If I do good with that factor, something will give eventually. Hopefully, Jeff can learn the same lesson.

Worst offensive coordinators in college football?

Almost the worst quarterbacking in college football?

Taken in context, stats are not where you judge JT.

He is obviously an NFL talent. Whether he is pro bowl or practice squad is yet to be determined.

With the right organization, he could be the steal of the the draft. With the wrong organization, he won’t make a practice squad. A smart coach will take him with a late pick just to see what he brings to the table. Yeah you could try to get him undrafted but I think he will have multiple suitors unless he bombs the interview process.

KJ Osborn in the same offense out produced him, Mike Harely outproduced him, Wiggins was 34 yards behind him on 11 less receptions

Advertisement
he led the team in drops per chance 2 years in a row and single handedly cost the game vs UF, so how exactly is that "blessed on the field" working out.

KJ Osborn in the same offense out produced him, Mike Harely outproduced him, Wiggins was 34 yards behind him on 11 less receptions

Those guys got way more of the shorter routes that we were much more efficient hitting.

If we had a better offensive line and a quarterback more accurate with the deep ball, the numbers would not have been close.

Context is your friend, friend.

What’s the agenda? That I expected more from this “insanely talented” player I’ve been hearing about for three years? Miami fans hyped Jeff over any of UF’s WR’s yet he only had a negative impact.
Cause you keep moving the goal post and creating strawman. My main point throughout this entire discussion is that one muff didn’t single handedly lose us the game like a few of y’all keep saying. That has nothing to do with hype, expectations, impact or whatever else you keep bringing up.

Yes or no. Is JT talented? You act like we were hyping Robert Knowles or

You have had the same amount of access to JT as everyone who hyped him. But you formed expectations based off what you heard or the hype he gets? You couldn’t form you own opinions based off what you see?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The college teams he passed on had REAL OCs and QBs...with REAL WR coaches....if anyone regrets anything it's Jeff...

I’m sure those schools were extremely happy that a quitter decided to take his “talents” to Miami.

Why do you constantly defend a kid who was so pedestrian at Miami, mostly is known for his poor attitude AND quit on his teammates.

He’s the complete opposite of past greats at Miami and what Miami needs in their program.

The program is better off without him. But somehow you think NFL teams will be lining up to either draft him or sign him as an UFA, all because he’s fast, had one good game against a quality opponent and made one big catch.

Lastly, who’s fault is it that he chose to be in the situation that you say he ended up with at Miami?

Cause you keep moving the goal post and creating strawman. My main point throughout this entire discussion is that one muff didn’t single handedly lose us the game like a few of y’all keep saying. That has nothing to do with hype, expectations, impact or whatever else you keep bringing up.

Yes or no. Is JT talented? You act like we were hyping Robert Knowles or

You have had the same amount of access to JT as everyone who hyped him. But you formed expectations based off what you heard or the hype he gets? You couldn’t form you own opinions based off what you see?
One muffed punt can absolutely lose a game especially when on the five yard line and followed by a dropped touchdown. JT4 had no positive impact on that game. Talented? On paper I guess but his most memorable games are from his freshmen season or when LSU was already up by 30. Dude's overrated

Those guys got way more of the shorter routes that we were much more efficient hitting.

If we had a better offensive line and a quarterback more accurate with the deep ball, the numbers would not have been close.

Context is your friend, friend.

Our QBs hit deep balls to Pope and Wiggins but couldn't hit JT? sure.

Advertisement
Guess your gonna forget all about the Baxa debacle
Personally, I have tried to erase all memories of Bubba Baxa.

MIB memory.jpg

So you think that the NFL will be ready and willing to draft/sign a quitter, who didn't really produce that much AND was not motivated in what became his "contract" year in college?

That’s your opinion. I think the missed chip shot, blown coverage by Carter, and the muffed snap on our last offensive snap plays equal parts in us losing

giving up plus field position not only gives an easy drive (esp at the time, UF couldnt really move the ball well), but doesnt even do anything to eat up time. it was a huge mistake (reminded me of the easy pick rosier threw to wisky lineman in the OB game when we were up early and had it rolling)

Constant excuses are made for this kid. Fact is KJ produced what he could in the same offense. JT4 is not it. Not what everyone here is hyping him to be. Thread will be hilarious in 3 months when he doesn't get drafted & is in the XFL.

Advertisement
Back