Jedd Fisch

As an Arizona alum who grew up in sofla and went to school there from 2000-2005 I never ever thought I'd see the day where the wildcats would have a better football team than Miami. I used to go to Arizona football games in Miami gear.

Fisch had done an incredible job. He'd beat us by double digits.

What's really a shame is that fisch absolutely covets the uf job and would kill it there.

Arizona had a pretty good team back in the 90s with the desert storm teams. They beat the crap out of Miami in that one bowl game. So this wouldn't be the first

Advertisement
1994 Fiesta Bowl - Arizona 29 - Miami -0....... Arizona had the Desert Swarm Defense then led by Teddy Bruschi....

I didn't know Teddy Bruschi was on that team. Who was our QB? Was it Ryan Collins or Costa? Man, that game was ugly

Not sure you understand the dumpster fire AZ was. He also has 3 games to go plus a bowl game.

Fisch would have taken a knee, he would have not have run on 4th and 1 from shotgun and ran the same running play all game.

He doesn't have near the resources that Mario has around him either. What Jedd is doing is incredible

Advertisement
He doesn't have near the resources that Mario has around him either. What Jedd is doing is incredible
He has Brennan Carroll too, who is an underrated coach, which is surprising given his dad is Pete Carroll.

He has Brennan Carroll too, who is an underrated coach, which is surprising given his dad is Pete Carroll.

His come a long way when he was a young asst at Miami under Al Golden. Jedd had to be the OC at that time

Advertisement
All the haters in here

1699221125156.png

Arizona had a pretty good team back in the 90s with the desert storm teams. They beat the crap out of Miami in that one bowl game. So this wouldn't be the first
I was one of the few Canes fans there. I thought the AZ fans were going to throw me over the top row of the stadium.

I’m talking about Miami. I know how bad AZ was and how good they are now. And I know Fisch had the balls to stick with Fafite too. He’s done an incredible job and will be in a bigger job within a year or two.
Mario is a monster recruiter so we will have the talent but his coaching ability will prevent us from ever being a serious contender.

Advertisement
Earlier in the year when people were slurping EVERYTHING Colorado, a lot of prisoner of the moment lunatics were espousing how Boulder even sans the Grime circus IS very recruitable to and that half the students are from California blah blah blah.

While there is just a grain of truth in that sentiment about CU, there is way more potential to apply those feelings toward both Arizona schools.

They'd obviously both need realistic financial buy-in from the schools and fanbases but someone stable and potentially long-term like Fisch could eventually have real success there- especially with an expanded playoff format.

Earlier in the year when people were slurping EVERYTHING Colorado, a lot of prisoner of the moment lunatics were espousing how Boulder even sans the Grime circus IS very recruitable to and that half the students are from California blah blah blah.

While there is just a grain of truth in that sentiment about CU, there is way more potential to apply those feelings toward both Arizona schools.

They'd obviously both need realistic financial buy-in from the schools and fanbases but someone stable and potentially long-term like Fisch could eventually have real success there- especially with an expanded playoff format.

Lots of good talent here in Arizona, the problem is that they rarely stay home. Imagine if Bijan Robinson would have been actually recruited by UA. Sumlin NEVER VISITED BIJAN ROBINSON DESPITE HIM GOING TO SCHOOL LESS THAN 2 MILES AWAY FROM THE UA CAMPUS. I'm not joking. UA also has a significant booster problem, they give little to no financial support for football, they view basketball as the only thing worth supporting, which doesn't make sense in today's financial climate. Maybe if Fisch can find some football only donors, he can have sustained success, but odds are the MOMENT Jedd gets an offer from a school that is truly committed, he's gone.

Advertisement
Lots of good talent here in Arizona, the problem is that they rarely stay home. Imagine if Bijan Robinson would have been actually recruited by UA. Sumlin NEVER VISITED BIJAN ROBINSON DESPITE HIM GOING TO SCHOOL LESS THAN 2 MILES AWAY FROM THE UA CAMPUS. I'm not joking. UA also has a significant booster problem, they give little to no financial support for football, they view basketball as the only thing worth supporting, which doesn't make sense in today's financial climate. Maybe if Fisch can find some football only donors, he can have sustained success, but odds are the MOMENT Jedd gets an offer from a school that is truly committed, he's gone.

Yup. Without financial buy-in then the most you can ever really hope for is a fluke year or that you'll find some sort of contentment in being a stepping stone job.

I just think that if all things were suddenly equal between CU, ASU and U of A that the Arizona schools could* have a much higher ceiling.....if they want it.

Last big recruit to stay in AZ and pan out was Suggs and he was a Sun Devil. Suggs wanted to stay close to Chandler. AZ kids just don’t stay home and don’t care to. It is wild to me that ASU hasn’t hired a recruiter yet that can sell a stud QB on Tempe.

Advertisement
Back