Jedd Fisch

Advertisement
Jedd Fisch sucked at Miami. Literally the most overrated assistant ever. People love him for some reason but his offense was worse than Whipple’s.

When you go 1-11 your first year, anything is a big improvement
Nah, he was legit. But I do agree with ur 2nd statement

Fisch> Lashlee

3 UM offensive coordinators. All were employed for 2 seasons. Which guy had the most production?
Averages over two seasons

OC1
Passing offense 263.7
Rushing offense 145.2
Scoring offense 28.9

OC2
Passing offense 299.2
Rushing offense 145.9
Scoring offense 34.0

OC3
Passing offense 250.3
Rushing offense160.2
Scoring offense 28.3

I didn't break down schedules and opponents but I'll say that one guy had a season without an FCS opponent to pad his numbers against.

Advertisement
AU is a putrid CFB program; good - great at other sports. Going from 1-11 to 5-7. This 5-7 including beating UCLA on the road & losing by one TD to USC, both shoot outs.

Interested to see what happens in yr 3; so far his trajectory is pointing in a positive direction.
living proof what a dynamic OC mind can produce...... hopefully CMC knows his antique power spread needs to be revamped

Advertisement
Why do you guys insist on commenting things you clearly know nothing about? Jedd brought in one of their best recruiting classes ever. His second year was the third-largest win increase in a single season in program history including a win over #9 UCLA with a very young team. Program was one of the worst in D1 when he got there.

Stop sharing your dumb football opinions.
was always impressed , with offensive schemes and when he was here we scored points...... winning in recruiting is 50% of battle next 50% is player development.......AU was fun to watch vs unwatchable 2022 Canes........

Advertisement
Jedd Fisch sucked at Miami. Literally the most overrated assistant ever. People love him for some reason but his offense was worse than Whipple’s.

When you go 1-11 your first year, anything is a big improvement
He was a good and very well respected coach at UM.

3 UM offensive coordinators. All were employed for 2 seasons. Which guy had the most production?
Averages over two seasons

OC1
Passing offense 263.7
Rushing offense 145.2
Scoring offense 28.9

OC2
Passing offense 299.2
Rushing offense 145.9
Scoring offense 34.0

OC3
Passing offense 250.3
Rushing offense160.2
Scoring offense 28.3

I didn't break down schedules and opponents but I'll say that one guy had a season without an FCS opponent to pad his numbers against.
I need W-L records. Because sometimes stats are skewed by what u need or DON’T need, at the time. Stats can be made to suggest anything.

I need W-L records. Because sometimes stats are skewed by what u need or DON’T need, at the time. Stats can be made to suggest anything.
Not really sure how much W/L record reflects directly on a coordinator. If you’re scoring 40 a game but your defense gives up 42, it’s a loss. But I’ll play along just for fun.

OC 1 had a record of 13-11
OC 2 went 15-8
OC 3 went 16-10

Advertisement
Give me other stats like 3rd down lol ypp
Advanced metrics are nice but not always readily available on the internet.

Besides, isn’t the point of offense to score as much as possible? People tend to get really invested in stats that aren’t as important and ignore the most important stat of all, points scored. Before TVD got hurt in 2022 Miami was near the top of the conference in time of possession and third down conversions. It didn’t translate into points outside of the game against an FCS team

Not really sure how much W/L record reflects directly on a coordinator. If you’re scoring 40 a game but your defense gives up 42, it’s a loss. But I’ll play along just for fun.

OC 1 had a record of 13-11
OC 2 went 15-8
OC 3 went 16-10
The reason is that coordinator A may have a few games where he’s already got the game won, so he’s just eating up time running it up the middle. Coordinator B may be behind in every game, so he’s gotta keep throwing and trying to score. Coord. B would probably have better stats, even though, his W/L record may not be as good. They’re are a lot of variables at play here. Can the OC fit his scheme to fit his talent? Is his a throw first kinda guy?

Advertisement
Back