Jaynard Bostwick

Will Jay-nard Bostwick by the next ex-Florida Gator to head to the Miami Hurricanes?
It appears that the Miami Hurricanes might be landing another ex-Florida Gator defensive lineman.

CaneSport.com reported today that Jay-nard Bostwick, a 6-3, 283-pound former four-star defensive lineman recruit, who was granted his release recently from UF and had not been with the Gators since the end of the 2014 season, has been offered a "full scholarship'' from the Canes -- "and that's where he wants to be,'' Bostwick's father, Bernard, told Canesport.

The Canes already signed former five-star defensive lineman Gerald Willis III, who was dismissed from the Gators after the season. Willis was suspended twice at UF. He reportedly fought with teammate and third-string quarterback Skyler Mornhingweg, who needed stitches after the fight. Willis ended the season with 14 tackles, a forced fumble, fumble recovery and two quarterback hurries. (Aside: Mornhinweg has since transferred to Columbia).

Willis will have to sit out in 2015, per NCAA transfer rules, and would have three seasons to play.

As for Bostwick, UF coach Jim McElwain previously cited "personal issues'' for why Bostwick did not participate during spring practice.

Bostwick, who redshirted in 2013 when he first arrived at UF, played as a reserve in five games last season. The UF website has him having recorded three assisted tackles in the five games he played.

Bostwick was heavily courted by UM, and had the Canes among his finalists, when he opted for UF.

Bostwick starred at Port St. Lucie West Centennial High School.

Bernard Bostwick told CaneSport that UM has his son's "transcripts and paperwork'' and is setting up a day for him to come to campus with his son.

If he signs with UM, Bostwick would have to sit out the 2015 season, per transfer rules, and have two seasons left to play.

Advertisement
this would be a nice coupe for the next staff.

That is some good raw talent to work with.

Add to it i dont think there is much in state talenmt at the spots were getting willis/bostwick....its a steal if we can get both and redshirt them preparing for next year.

Advertisement
i remember at the time he announced saying it was like a hostage tape. i never seen a kid look so unhappy.

Might as well change his name to "Julio Derossier" and it's the same ****.

You guys never learn.

Add to it i dont think there is much in state talenmt at the spots were getting willis/bostwick....its a steal if we can get both and redshirt them preparing for next year.

Neither will be able to play this season, but if we get Bostwick now he'll be eligible to play in 2016 along with Willis.

Nice core of those guys, Jenkins and Thomas along the DL.

Advertisement

Neither will be able to play this season, but if we get Bostwick now he'll be eligible to play in 2016 along with Willis.

and moten

and moten

And AQM. Should be a nice little secondary.

Are you guys still waiting w/ baited breath for the Bostwick acquisition to be announced?

LMAO...

"It's a done deal, he's coming"
12noon the next day, no news.
2pm two hours later, the fake insider disappears or says "my source fed me ****!"

Hit and run... Typical for these board...

Its better than knocking over a bank

Advertisement
Meh dude couldnt make two deep at FLorida....I could care less about signing him..at least Gerald Willis got PT he just got kicked off for thuggery

Meh dude couldnt make two deep at FLorida....I could care less about signing him..at least Gerald Willis got PT he just got kicked off for thuggery

truth

if he was any kind of decent player he'd be getting himself ready playing this yr instead of transferring willis on the other hand will be a beast if he can stay outta trouble

Last edited:
Advertisement

At the rate we are going with our DT recruiting, you take him. Can't be any worse than any other kid we could get a commitment from. Beggars can't be choosers.

I wouldn't take him the kid left us hanging on signing day we don't need him we only have room for true canes str8 up.

Advertisement
Back