Jaylen Knighton reminds me

Advertisement
He’s not Dalvin Cook. He’s also not Graig Cooper. He’s a young player who’s 1.5 games into being the lead back, and is averaging 165 ypg with 2 TDs in each. He’s the most exciting offensive player we have right now, and if he keeps those numbers up he’s going to be considered an elite player that teams must account for at all times.

The problem isn’t that the entire fan base does crack, its that the ones who do crack tweak all over the board and half of y’all say “that guy looks like he knows what he’s talking about”.
Agree but they start making them top ten picks fast man its ridiculous

Advertisement
He will have more of an impact then Coop and Yearby. Rooster will only get better. This is just the beginning for him. With confidence he can be as good as Duke. But he’s not Cook and that’s okay too. We don’t need him to be. We have a stable of RBs. I’m excited at his potential.

He’s not Dalvin Cook. He’s also not Graig Cooper. He’s a young player who’s 1.5 games into being the lead back, and is averaging 165 ypg with 2 TDs in each. He’s the most exciting offensive player we have right now, and if he keeps those numbers up he’s going to be considered an elite player that teams must account for at all times.

The problem isn’t that the entire fan base does crack, its that the ones who do crack tweak all over the board and half of y’all say “that guy looks like he knows what he’s talking about”.
And if people happen to agree with the tweaker it gets repeated thousands of times until it becomes CIS fact or lore…..

Advertisement
I’ll take the bait, in what ways are they similar?

Slowest fast guys on the field...”sneaky slow” as a great man RIP keeprollin once coined the term.

Straight line speed is great but no vision and no shiftiness...maybe to fast to juke or something.

Both fall down if a tackler gets a fingertip on them.

Both are great pass blockers which to me is Knighton’s best asset

Advertisement
Is this a joke?

Dude has zero vision and gets tackled by blades of grass a la Graig/Craig Cooper.
1635093367199.jpeg

The Coop comparisons are silly. Knighton is way faster and is a much bigger threat as far as big plays.. It took Coop 4 years to finally figure out how to maintain top end speed for a long distance. And I LOL @Yearby. Legendary HS RB but never adjusted to the college game.

Advertisement
Slowest fast guys on the field...”sneaky slow” as a great man RIP keeprollin once coined the term.

Straight line speed is great but no vision and no shiftiness...maybe to fast to juke or something.

Knighton is averaging through 2 games more than Graig’s 2 best games ever.

Knighton is a full .15 faster in the 40. Whatever metric you’re using to judge his “vision” is probably just as well calibrated as the rest of your analysis.

Y’all can say “he ain’t Dalvin Cook” without saying he’s Graig Cooper. It’s really easy.

No shiftiness? He had to shake a defender on two of his 3 td’s last week and made multiple guys miss last night. Knighton also has better contact balance than you’re giving him credit for. He seeks out contact more than I’d like to see, often when he could probably shake the tackler instead.

Cooper had a better burst than Knighton but both have plenty. Cooper was never as fast as Knighton. Rooster is a mid-low 4.4 guy and Cooper was low 4.5 guy.

As far as vision goes that was my biggest critique of Cooper’s, that and his inability to shake someone. Rooster has better vision, I wouldn’t call it great vision but he find the whole for the most part.

My biggest concern for Rooster right now is his pacing as a ball carrier. Last year he was pressing the whole hard way too often and not letting the blocks develop. He seems to have worked on correcting that but it has also led to him sometimes not pressing the whole hard when he needs to. This is something he can improve with time though.

He and Cooper are very different backs IMO. I’m not saying he is elite but his ceiling is much higher than Graig Cooper.

Advertisement
Back