Jaylen Knighton reminds me

Jeebus. Dalvin is a generational talent. Stop.

Rooster is a good player though. I'd like to see them force more touches to the kid, particularly outside or in space. I'm not crazy about Lashlee's usage of Rooster in our offense. He's not particularly adept at running between the tackles. I'd like to see him outside more.

Advertisement
Jeebus. Dalvin is a generational talent. Stop.

Rooster is a good player though. I'd like to see them force more touches to the kid, particularly outside or in space. I'm not crazy about Lashlee's usage of Rooster in our offense. He's not particularly adept at running between the tackles. I'd like to see him outside more.
The aforementioned OJ Simpson and Barry Sanders would struggle to run between the tackles of this Oline.

Advertisement
And this is why this fan base has no idea what it's looking at alot of the times. I can't believe people comparing Cook that's insane......this is why people thought Manny was Urban....it seems like only our fan base does crack.
Stop. Watch the games we played against Cook. Majority of the game he would hit small runs and then open the game with a big play Knighton has that in him.

The aforementioned OJ Simpson and Barry Sanders would struggle to run between the tackles of this Oline.
LOL. Likely. I'd like to see more stuff outside with Knighton than we'd run with say, Cam.

For example, there was a play we ran against UNC for a nice gain where, IIRC, TVD was under center and he pitched it to Knighton outside. I'd like to see more of that sprinkled in than runs designed up the middle. From my assessment, itseemed that there were a few runs designed up the middle last night that Jaylan kicked out outside that picked up decent yardage. I think he's far more comfortable outside than up the middle. At the end of the day, he's more of a scat back.

Advertisement
And this is why this fan base has no idea what it's looking at alot of the times. I can't believe people comparing Cook that's insane......this is why people thought Manny was Urban....it seems like only our fan base does crack.
He’s not Dalvin Cook. He’s also not Graig Cooper. He’s a young player who’s 1.5 games into being the lead back, and is averaging 165 ypg with 2 TDs in each. He’s the most exciting offensive player we have right now, and if he keeps those numbers up he’s going to be considered an elite player that teams must account for at all times.

The problem isn’t that the entire fan base does crack, its that the ones who do crack tweak all over the board and half of y’all say “that guy looks like he knows what he’s talking about”.

And just think, if it wasn't for injuries he would be third string and barely involved. I can't wait for Lane Kiffin to get here, lol.

He isn’t a bell cow back. He is a versatile weapon that can be deployed all over.

Our lack of creativity in using guys like Knighton and Brashard is hurting us.

With Mallory struggling to block, we should have more 20 personnel. **** we can go 21 from the gun and use a blocking te.

I know the line is inconsistent but that makes being creative even more important.

Change of direction skills? Yes. Quickness through the hole? Yes. Top end? Not quite. Power? Nope. Dalvin was elite. Rooster is really good. Dalvin was a program changer. He pretty much beat us by himself at FSU. Not signing him set our program back a few years.

Advertisement
For being a smaller back, knighton runs tough and has good durability. He’s doesn’t ask to come out like that even if he’s being worked consistently. That’s a good sign of a number 1 back

Advertisement
Change of direction skills? Yes. Quickness through the hole? Yes. Top end? Not quite. Power? Nope. Dalvin was elite. Rooster is really good. Dalvin was a program changer. He pretty much beat us by himself at FSU. Not signing him set our program back a few years.
I agree with this 100. I also see the OPs point. He can remind you of him but not be him. He reminds me of him in the way he can make a big play that impacts the game anytime he touches the ball.

Rooster looks like a young Duke to me with more speed. Needs to fill his body out.

Cook is/was in another stratosphere. Crazy balance, vision, and strength.

Advertisement
Back