Jaylen Harrell (DE/OLB from Tampa)

Four DEs in one year seems like overkill, unless the staff plans on one of our current commits not sticking.

And I'm one of the guys who thinks you can never have too many pass rushers.

Advertisement
This guy is such a good football player I think you take him and worry about the rest later.

Agree. Plus QWilliams and RHeight are seen as development guys right? Big time athletes for their size but need fine tuning. Neither will be ready until their RS-So year to really contribute serious minutes is what I took from their recruitment. Chantz Williams looks like he will be ready to go by his second year.

Four DEs in one year seems like overkill, unless the staff plans on one of our current commits not sticking.

Some will grow into other positions(roberts)
plus it’s about time we reload the end position anyway.
By the end of next season
Patchan gone after this year

Phillips has another year to stay or with a great year could enter the draft

Rousseau likely enters the draft

Garvin gone either after this year or next

Trevon hill gone

leaving us with only harvey and cam williams. We need a lot of dends this class

Advertisement
Agree. Plus QWilliams and RHeight are seen as development guys right? Big time athletes for their size but need fine tuning. Neither will be ready until their RS-So year to really contribute serious minutes is what I took from their recruitment. Chantz Williams looks like he will be ready to go by his second year.
They need fine tuning as does anyone but they aren’t that far off in their development

The best dlines are always reloaded every year and the next 2 years we will lose many guys so I would take him especially with his talent

Ehhh waiting til third year here is debatable...Maybe/maybe not, but to just automatically write them off to 3rd year is premature.

Advertisement

The thing you have to realize is that miami is now trying to stack talent. Yes that is a lot of de's but rousseau, and garvin are gone after next season. And on top of that we rotate our d line alot so not that big of a deal to take 4 because imo Quentin William's is gonna be used like demetrius jackson was

Phillips has another year to stay or with a great year could enter the draft
Phillips would have to be unreal to enter the draft. His medicals and questions about how passionate he is about football is going to kill him. I'm not even 100 percent on him being a major contributor here yet based on that.

Phillips would have to be unreal to enter the draft. His medicals and questions about how passionate he is about football is going to kill him. I'm not even 100 percent on him being a major contributor here yet based on that.
People only question his passion about football because He has a music interest but so did chad Thomas who had a successful career at Miami and he’s immensely more physically gifted and talented than chad. He’s doing everything hes supposed to do right now and putting on weight and everything and up to close to 260 pounds right now.

in regards to the Medical’s the main thing is getting his wrist completely healed which he’s doing. The concussions is an overblown issue, lot of stuff was going on at UCLA and their doctors over cautious and deeming that players had concussions when they didn’t. This happened to high profile players at UCLA even with josh rosen who said they were being over cautious with it too.

Advertisement
@brock Yea, I know that he's doing the music thing. I'm not sure you can ever say concussions are an overblown issue, since he had multiple during his time at UCLA.

The point is, he's likely going to need another year of tape in addition to next season to go where he wants to go in the draft. Evaluators and team scouts aren't going to paint as rosy of a picture as you did and they have a LOT more information at their disposal.

Jaylen Harrell is one of top 5 wants left in this class. You don’t usually see kids that big who are versatile and can move fluidly the way he does
I dont get how no other schools are pursuing him. He is beyond explosive at the line of scrimmage and has all the physical intangibles I have wanted this kid since day 1 even better he is basically falling into our lap

I dont get how no other schools are pursuing him. He is beyond explosive at the line of scrimmage and has all the physical intangibles I have wanted this kid since day 1 even better he is basically falling into our lap

Schools like Michigan and Penn State are after him. He's just taking recruiting slow until his season is over.

Advertisement

so um... yeah this kid looks elite, no idea why he’s rated a low 4 star. Should be a top 125 type of player

Been trying to tell people this kid is gonna be a monster once he learns to use his hands first watch out this kid just needs a little bit of coaching and the weight room and watch out. He reminds me of joe Jackson less physically developed though

Been trying to tell people this kid is gonna be a monster once he learns to use his hands first watch out this kid just needs a little bit of coaching and the weight room and watch out. He reminds me of joe Jackson less physically developed though
I can see the joe Jackson comparison too

Advertisement
Back