Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

Since 2014, these are where the offensive recruits, from where this whole argument started, from Deerfield went:

8 WRs that attended UF, Alabama, UGA, Oregon, Utah, ECU, FAU, Georgia State.

1 TE that attended Illinois.

2 OT that attended Akron and Austin Peay

2 RB that attended Illinois and UAB

Can someone make a list of all the recruits from Deerfield that Miami offered and seriously recruited? It’s time to put the anti um conspiracy theory to the test and prove it or kill that narrative for good.

I dont think Miami really recruited but maybe 3 guys or so and they all went to SEC schools. Deerfield has had many more recruits on defense get scholarships though.

It really seems much ado about nothing when in fact most of them arent top level college athletes.

Advertisement
With all the kids we have recruited from there for us to have gotten nowhere I just dont see how you dont see that as an issue...
We've recruited like 5 kids from Deerfield.
And we've SUCKED during that whole period.

The issue is/was Miami, not Deerfield. But as a Miami fan you can't see that. We haven't been getting elite kids from ANYWHERE, nevermind Deerfield.

Since 2014, these are where the offensive recruits, from where this whole argument started, from Deerfield went:

I dont think Miami really recruited but maybe 3 guys or so and they all went to SEC schools. Deerfield has had many more recruits on defense get scholarships though.

It really seems much ado about nothing when in fact most of them arent top level college athletes.

I tried to explain that to these dudes. Deerfield hasn't had that many Miami-caliber kids.

Maybe if Deerfield sent Miami one of their mid-tier Utah/WVU level players they'd be satisfied. Cause we need more Mike Harleys!

Advertisement

Thank you so much. Really thanks. I’ve always laughed at each post saying any school is anti UM.

Naw fsu oline has been really sh*tty since 2015 or so . Remember Francois was getting abused all the way back in 2016 when cook was there

Nope wrong, much worse the last two years with last being the worth.

We've recruited like 5 kids from Deerfield.
And we've SUCKED during that whole period.

The issue is/was Miami, not Deerfield. But as a Miami fan you can't see that. We haven't been getting elite kids from ANYWHERE, nevermind Deerfield.
What are you saying? By that logic we wouldnt get any kids at all lol. We have still gotten kids from elsewhere even being bad

Advertisement
Ummm...

I asked what Miami's offense did lately.
Miami's offense...as it sits right now...hasn't done ****.

Why would anybody reference last year's offense when that entire half of the staff is gone? LOL
Bc that’s considered lately when keeping the conversation about FSU in perspective. Context dude but keep on with your Deerfield Bullscit.

What are you saying? By that logic we wouldnt get any kids at all lol. We have still gotten kids from elsewhere even being bad
Notice I said "elite".

Deerfield generally has kids that are being recruited by elite programs...or kids that are being recruited by the Utahs and UCF's of the world. Not very many kids in between. (like a Mike Harley)

And with that said...we haven't been able to recruit ANYBODY'S elite kids. Not Deerfield's. Not STA's. Not even Heritage's.

Shoot, Deerfield had the best 3-tech in South Florida last year and Miami didn't even offer.

Advertisement
Notice I said "elite".

Deerfield generally has kids that are being recruited by elite programs...or kids that are being recruited by the Utahs and UCF's of the world. Not very many kids in between. (like a Mike Harley)

And with that said...we haven't been able to recruit ANYBODY'S elite kids. Not Deerfield's. Not STA's. Not even Heritage's.

Shoot, Deerfield had the best 3-tech in South Florida last year and Miami didn't even offer.

The Deerfield kid was better than Ingraham?

Advertisement
Last Deerfield Beach recruit was Derrick Crudup. I attended Deerfield Beach I played for Art Taylor. DEERFIELD BEACH DOESN'T HATE UM. The University of Miami has to do better at recruiting Broward kids that don't attend STA, American Heritage, and Cardinal Gibbons.

Notice I said "elite".

This is 100% on point. We can get the Avery huffs and mike Harley’s at these schools. But when it comes time to get the big fish. The AH corners, battle ingraham tyriques of the world then we fall on our face. 2020 I don’t see that changing. Chaney is a rare breed. Sorry if we’re just talking specifically about broward. But this happens in Dade also. You think I’d be surprised if donnel Harris decommits? Nope I won’t be surprised. Just how the game works. If 2021 doesn’t change the game then it won’t ever be changed

Last Deerfield Beach recruit was Derrick Crudup. I attended Deerfield Beach I played for Art Taylor. DEERFIELD BEACH DOESN'T HATE UM. The University of Miami has to do better at recruiting Broward kids that don't attend STA, American Heritage, and Cardinal Gibbons.
They don’t do that good a job at Gibbons anyway😂. Only ones who had better/comparable offers (Daniel Wright, Khris Bogle) went somewhere else.

Come to think of it, aside from Huff and Nesta, Miami doesn’t get elite players from any of these schools. Miami just does not recruit Broward well, sans Chaminade.

Advertisement
Back