Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

View as article
Advertisement
So a guy I've known for 15+ has an anti-UM bias that I'm completely unaware of? Just cause he's my buddy.

Ok I'll do you one better.
What if I told you that I was in fact ON THAT DEERFIELD STAFF?

Would that give me enough inside knowledge?

I pay enough attention to have walked into this conversation knowing you were on the staff, brother. And it absolutely gives you inside knowledge -- I'm not taking that away from you.

But again, I just said I don't believe the coaches at Deerfield are anti-UM. I'm just saying those kids haven't been coming. Those are the facts. Why aren't they coming?? Who the fvck knows. But it seems like there is a pattern, for whatever reason.

Advertisement
I pay enough attention to have walked into this conversation knowing you were on the staff, brother. And it absolutely gives you inside knowledge -- I'm not taking that away from you.

But again, I just said I don't believe the coaches at Deerfield are anti-UM. I'm just saying those kids haven't been coming. Those are the facts. Why aren't they coming?? Who the fvck knows. But it seems like there is a pattern, for whatever reason.
There has been a pattern, brother.

WE'VE SUCKED. lol

Our recruiting and our performance on the field.

Oh...and I'm sure being irrelevant on the field for over a decade has NOTHING to do with this either. LOL

Macho you are taking this to over-dramatic levels...I mean UM can't go for like 1-for-8 at Deerfield? I mean even 1-for-8 would be better than the current 0-for-8 run they are currently on... It's a complete air ball right now

No one's saying UM fans aren't exaggerating and no one's doubting you that the coaches are not be dead-set anti UM. But the truth seems to be somewhere what you (who are invested with these kids) and they (who are being UM homers) are on the subject.

Definitely agree with your "we sucked" argument, but not all these kids are exactly leaving town only for Bama.

Last edited:
@Coach Macho about to be like....
giphy.gif

Now I really want Knighton in this class, aside from the special talent that he is, so that Coach Macho can be like....
tenor.gif

Advertisement
There has been a pattern, brother.

WE'VE SUCKED. lol

Our recruiting and our performance on the field.

That's fair. I'm not blind. But even when we have sucked, we sometimes get talented kids from other local schools. I admit the sample size isn't huge with Deerfield kids the last decade, but the results have been abysmal.

Elite player from Deerfield that we really want...

Yeah, 100% chance he ends up anywhere but here.

Other than Dalvin Cook and Warrick Dunn has that **** hole ever produced another 1,000+ yard rusher?

Maybe Freeman, but I think that is it.

Willie will be gone before Knighton gets there, and they need to completely rebuild that OL and their QB situation looks like a disaster.

Why any top rated RB with offers all over the country would choose the Noles is mind blowing, I don't care that they will only have 2 RBs there when he arrives.

They’ve had a 1000+ yard ball carrier for at least 5+ years until probably last year. I think wilder got some Devonte Freeman had a few and then he was followed by some kid names Dalvin Cook. Then Akers broke the all time freshman record there and now they just hired arguably the best OC in the country who has an offense that would fit Knighton perfect. Would obviously rather have him here but you got to be stupid af to not understand why a rb would go to FSU

Advertisement
They’ve had a 1000+ yard ball carrier for at least 5+ years until probably last year. I think wilder got some Devonte Freeman had a few and then he was followed by some kid names Dalvin Cook. Then Akers broke the all time freshman record there and now they just hired arguably the best OC in the country who has an offense that would fit Knighton perfect. Would obviously rather have him here but you got to be stupid af to not understand why a rb would go to FSU

Akers has been a huge bust.

FSU's run game was trash last year and will be trash this year. I like Briles but their RBs are average and they still have a bad OL.

It's weird that our fans still slurp FSU like they're some national championship level team. They're not and Taggart's offense was terrible last year, so until he shows different I dont really get why a RB with options would go there

Akers has been a huge bust.

FSU's run game was trash last year and will be trash this year. I like Briles but their RBs are average and they still have a bad OL.

It's weird that our fans still slurp FSU like they're some national championship level team. They're not and Taggart's offense was terrible last year, so until he shows different I dont really get why a RB with options would go there

Akers wasn't a bust, their OL was terrible and their offensive scheme was even worse.

Akers wasn't a bust, their OL was terrible and their offensive scheme was even worse.
No akers sucks. No elite back is averaging 5.3 ypc or 4.9 ypc in their first 2 years. Dalvin Cook oline was trash and he still produced. I like What Khalan laborn can potentially provide better tbh

Advertisement
No akers sucks. No elite back is averaging 5.3 ypc or 4.9 ypc in their first 2 years. Dalvin Cook oline was trash and he still produced. I like What Khalan laborn can potentially provide better tbh

Akers doesn't suck at all...Elite backs can definitely be held in check when your OL is as overmatched as theirs was. Their OL last year made UM's look good.

Akers doesn't suck at all...Elite backs can definitely be held in check when your OL is as overmatched as theirs was. Their OL last year made UM's look good.
Have to agree to disagree on this one. Don’t see anything special about akers. No where near dalvin cooks level imo or anything close. Doesn’t have elite speed and constantly falls or trip over himself when running. Poor contact balance too

Advertisement
Back