Jay Larrañaga

You've obviously NEVER been to Tucson. I've spent a lot of time there. It's a very small city with an even smaller town vibe. There's really no place where you could even go in Tucson to get showered with the adoration you seem to think occurs.

A little factoid. I LIVE IN TUCSON. I see this crazy crap happen on a daily basis. This is a small town, that lives and dies by Arizona basketball. I've seen places **** near shut down because a UA player walked in. Grown people jock college kids something fierce here, and due to my connections with some of the media, I've been filled in on some things that you probably aren't privy to. It's the fact that the town doesn't have much going for it, that makes it extremely possible for a college basketball player, and coaching staff to be viewed as **** near gods, especially when things are going well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A little factoid. I LIVE IN TUCSON. I see this crazy crap happen on a daily basis. This is a small town, that lives and dies by Arizona basketball. I've seen places **** near shut down because a UA player walked in. Grown people jock college kids something fierce here, and due to my connections with some of the media, I've been filled in on some things that you probably aren't privy too. It's the fact that the town doesn't have much going for it, that makes it extremely possible for a college basketball player, and coaching staff to be viewed as **** near gods, especially when things are going well.

Factoid: "an invented fact believed to be true because it appears in print "
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/factoid

A little factoid. I LIVE IN TUCSON. I see this crazy crap happen on a daily basis. This is a small town, that lives and dies by Arizona basketball. I've seen places **** near shut down because a UA player walked in. Grown people jock college kids something fierce here, and due to my connections with some of the media, I've been filled in on some things that you probably aren't privy too. It's the fact that the town doesn't have much going for it, that makes it extremely possible for a college basketball player, and coaching staff to be viewed as **** near gods, especially when things are going well.
What do they do? Shout at 'em from the cars while cruising Speedway? Standing ovation when they enter Chili's?

Jagr, there's probably 50 teams (P5 and non-P5) that didn't even make the tournament that I wouldn't be shocked losing to. We were hardly dominant and "put away" nobody of any note this year. On the other hand, we could defeat a much better team like UNC on their home court.

Advertisement
I've said it once, and I'll continue to say it: Miami has the worst fans in college basketball. L has taken this program to new heights, and we still have idiots running around screaming for his head. You want to see what true underachieving looks like, look at Sean Miller. Arizona has the next Shaq in Ayton, multiple lottery picks, seniors all over the place and got BLOWN OUT in the first round. Miami got beat on a buzzer beater from **** near 30 feet away. I'm frustrated with how the game turned out, but let's have some **** perspective.

The more I deal with this fanbase, the more I realize that they deserve garbage like Haith and Clark. Run L off if you want to, odds are it won't get much better than this, unless some crazy hiring miracle happens. John Calipari, Coach K isn't walking through the door at the Watsco Center to lead the Miami program.
Thankfully not all of us are idiots.

Advertisement
Back