Jay Larrañaga

RBhurricane87

Senior
When does he become our HC?

Can’t take this lack of offensive identity and random substitutions anymore.

I appreciate Big L for what he’s done for this program, but this madness (pun intended) has to stop.

That was an absolute embarrassing loss, and there’s no excuse for it.

Advertisement
Btw just in case the mongoloids on this board can’t do Math, Jay is Coach L’s son. He is currently a Brad Stevens assistant on the Celtics.

I'm not going to crap on coach L OP. He has taken our basketball program to heights we have never been. We play in the best conference in the country, so I'm not going to complain. We can't act like this is our football program where we are spoiled with a winning tradition.

Miami lucky to have Coach L. Fans ridiculous.

I've said it once, and I'll continue to say it: Miami has the worst fans in college basketball. L has taken this program to new heights, and we still have idiots running around screaming for his head. You want to see what true underachieving looks like, look at Sean Miller. Arizona has the next Shaq in Ayton, multiple lottery picks, seniors all over the place and got BLOWN OUT in the first round. Miami got beat on a buzzer beater from **** near 30 feet away. I'm frustrated with how the game turned out, but let's have some **** perspective.

The more I deal with this fanbase, the more I realize that they deserve garbage like Haith and Clark. Run L off if you want to, odds are it won't get much better than this, unless some crazy hiring miracle happens. John Calipari, Coach K isn't walking through the door at the Watsco Center to lead the Miami program.

Advertisement
Maybe it is time to expect more than just getting into the Tournament and happily losing to anyone who shows up.

sure and when we had teams where the expectations were that, we were disappointed in a sweet 16 finish. this team was 3 last second clankers away from being in the NIT. most people had loyola beating us for good reason.

We should always strive to be better, but given our history, I don't know how anyone can **** on Coach L. We'd all like a couple more wins in the NCAA tourney, but Coach L has built a consistent winner, something no one has done here since the program came back in the 80's.

1521210610140.png

We've gone full ******. Coach L has more NCAA tournament appearances in his tenure than we had in my entire lifetime prior to him... we weren't even an after thought in hoops until L came along. The due won a regular season and tournament ACC Championship... in hoops.... at Miami! We didn't even have a program for most of the 70's and 80's. WTF is wrong with you people?

Advertisement
So this is the best we can hope for. You people are seriously just happy that we made the tournament.

FYI, three of the four wins it took to get to the two Sweet 16's that we love to cheer about were against #11, #14, and #15. Eerily similar to Jim Morris' two recent CWS appearances.

We don't think our athletic teams should be losing in the round of 64. That's what makes us so weird.

I love Coach L, but I don’t see him as the guy who is going to take us to the next level

Some of the so called “fans” on this board don’t understand the concept of increased expectations

We have the ability to be better, so why should we be ok with a tournament appearance every year?

That’s like saying we’re ok with making a bowl game every year

So this is the best we can hope for. You people are seriously just happy that we made the tournament.

FYI, three of the four wins it took to get to the two Sweet 16's that we love to cheer about were against #11, #14, and #15. Eerily similar to Jim Morris' two recent CWS appearances.
I tend to agree with you here. Everyone calls you a troll lol but you make some good points. Troll or not. But making the tournament every year for the past 3 years has been great. We barely made it before Coach L got here. But I'm ****ed that they don't go further than sweet 16. Or round 1. The 2 years we made it to the sweet 16..i feel like we should have gone further. This year we should have made it to at least round 2. Maybe sweet 16. It's disappointing as **** that they don't make it further.

Advertisement
I tend to agree with you here. Everyone calls you a troll lol but you make some good points. Troll or not. But making the tournament every year for the past 3 years has been great. We barely made it before Coach L got here. But I'm ****ed that they don't go further than sweet 16. Or round 1. The 2 years we made it to the sweet 16..i feel like we should have gone further. This year we should have made it to at least round 2. Maybe sweet 16. It's disappointing as **** that they don't make it further.

Agreed. A football team that gets to 8 wins for the first time should have a goal of getting to 9 wins. And eventually to a better bowl. And to improve recruiting. And get some kids drafted.

Maybe it is time to expect more than just getting into the Tournament and happily losing to anyone who shows up.
Do you add anything of value to any conversation? Just a pointless strawman argument. Who are you talking to? Who is happy with this loss?

I love Coach L, but I don’t see him as the guy who is going to take us to the next level

Some of the so called “fans” on this board don’t understand the concept of increased expectations

We have the ability to be better, so why should we be ok with a tournament appearance every year?

That’s like saying we’re ok with making a bowl game every year
We do understand that. You guys don't understand that we think Coach L can do better. We've been to the NCAA tourney more than ever before. That is a sign of progress.

Advertisement
He needs better players. He is a great coach. There are only a few who can coach as good and get better players. My guess is they don't want to coach at Miami. Stick with coach L. The best we will get.

Next year looks bleak... No kids coming in.... Take a step back.

We do understand that. You guys don't understand that we think Coach L can do better. We've been to the NCAA tourney more than ever before. That is a sign of progress.

We've done worse the last two years than we did in 2016. Ease up on the "we're moving up!!!" routine. That wasn't good basketball we were watching.

We've done worse the last two years than we did in 2016. Ease up on the "we're moving up!!!" routine. That wasn't good basketball we were watching.
We're not going to be great every year. People weren't sure we'd even make the tourney once Bruce went down. Compared to our history, we are on the way up.. teams will lose in the first round and be upset sometimes. I know the tourney is the most important part, but upsets happen, and I'm starting to see the same trend that you don't understand basketball. You have to look at the whole year. 3rd in ACC with our best player out is pretty **** good. I'm not happy with the tourney, but Coach L has done something no coach has been able to do here. He's gonna get 2 more years here to see if he can improve on what he's already done.

Advertisement
Back