Javion Cohen commits to Miami

Money under the table they won't stop. I saw like four of their prospects on defense and it made our class look ordinary. I was like **** we have to make a huge leap in evals and closing to hit that level. Their recruits and UGAs are just different man. It made me humble quick fast as to where we are and what they keep bringing in.
Yea them and UGA are like a semi pro team the amount of dudes on there and it's crazy they can get high 4 star or even 5 star players to go there knowing they won't start for 2 years

Advertisement
Money under the table they won't stop. I saw like four of their prospects on defense and it made our class look ordinary. I was like **** we have to make a huge leap in evals and closing to hit that level. Their recruits and UGAs are just different man. It made me humble quick fast as to where we are and what they keep bringing in.
Georgia has had some outrageous human beings playing for them over the past few years. Their defense was just a hoard of Mongols in full sprint at you. And then they got a guy like Mykel Williams who is just a wild animal and he's just the next man up over there. sheesh.s

Bruh ain't no way a Caleb Downs enters the portal or any elite kid. He ain't allowing difference makers to leave cause them boys seeing the field. His bad evals (which he has sometimes like anyone) kick rocks to the portal.
I hear you D, but here’s the thing. There will be a better Caleb Downs next year - and the year after that. And Saban will look to bring in each one year after year.

And each one expects to play. Period. So now how do you satisfy 3 Caleb Downs? You can’t. Some one is going to bounce.

So the key is not necessarily signing the talent but holding onto to the talent to have 3 teams of elite talent so you have quality depth.

Saban’s mentality is once I sign you, you’re mine and I shouldn’t have to compete to keep you. And that mentality is what will hold him back in todays game.

With portal and NIL, it’s about who can hold onto talent - not necessarily who can sign talent.

Georgia has had some outrageous human beings playing for them over the past few years. Their defense was just a hoard of Mongols in full sprint at you. And then they got a guy like Mykel Williams who is just a wild animal and he's just the next man up over there. sheesh.s
All their dudes got long are explosive and can run, not to mention the size. Pause

I hear you D, but here’s the thing. There will be a better Caleb Downs next year - and the year after that. And Saban will look to bring in each one year after year.

And each one expects to play. Period. So now how do you satisfy 3 Caleb Downs? You can’t. Some one is going to bounce.

So the key is not necessarily signing the talent but holding onto to the talent to have 3 teams of elite talent so you have quality depth.

Saban’s mentality is once I sign you, you’re mine and I shouldn’t have to compete to keep you. And that mentality is what will hold him back in todays game.

With portal and NIL, it’s about who can hold onto talent - not necessarily who can sign talent.
Show me the next Downs that bama is after? As long as the check cashed kids will sit the bench for awhile

Advertisement
I know you a lover of size.
Who's that DL kid from UGA? Dudes an animal he's a top 5 pick. But he's explosive that's the difference. My knock on a let's say.......G15 was explosiveness and u can see it in the NFL. U need to have some sort of explosiveness...and first step..or a closing speed, or violent rip move. U can't just be big there is a lot more that goes into it.

Show me the next Downs that bama is after? As long as the check cashed kids will sit the bench for awhile
5 stars are not sitting for anyone. Now it’s a good problem to have and I hope we are losing 5 stars one day soon.

But you’ve got to put in just as much effort to hold onto these guys nowadays as you did to sign them or they will leave. Quickly.

5 stars are not sitting for anyone. Now it’s a good problem to have and I hope we are losing 5 stars one day soon.

But you’ve got to put in just as much effort to hold onto these guys nowadays as you did to sign them or they will leave. Quickly.
Yea but usually they are letting a 5 star kid they seen practice with others go. They not letting a Downs leave if he shows he's legit in practice against studs. If he's a Burgess Becker they will let him go and they won't tell no one he's trash. They not going to damage a kid while he's searching for a new home.

Advertisement
If they pan out and Alabama determines that they can help them, they will do whatever they can financially to keep them. I’m not one of those people that says the only reason that Saban has been so successful is because of bags, he’s clearly a great coach, and has developed a great system and infrastructure at Alabama, practically to the level of a top NFL team, but I don’t discount their willingness to use illegal means, like they have been way before NIL.

As far as Cohen, I think that’s probably a very unique one-of type situation. We were lucky he was available and was willing to leave. Granted, I don’t know all the details of what was going on between him and the team/coaches.
Don’t believe we gave Cohen 500k for a year. I don’t know what his gf is up to so can’t speculate

Naw. He didn’t
Who did then? I don’t think there’s any real accurate way to track because like what’s been mentioned on here, top tier SEC teams drop 💼 with nil. No taxes on bags

Don’t believe Saban decided to stop moving elite recruits whole families into homes in bama cause nil started

So Saban just gets to burn former players and recruits publicly with impunity? I get that he's built up a **** of a lot of equity with both winning and putting guys in the league, but seems if anyone else did that sort of thing they'd be getting killed for it in the local football communities these kids come from as well as by the players themselves.
Nothing is more annoying than Saban on cfp pregame giving his take on the teams playing while looking grumpy AF

Yea but usually they are letting a 5 star kid they seen practice with others go. They not letting a Downs leave if he shows he's legit in practice against studs. If he's a Burgess Becker they will let him go and they won't tell no one he's trash. They not going to damage a kid while he's searching for a new home.

Bro, I would suggest anyone go look at the kids who transferred from Bama. Peep their initial 247 rating, & then look at their trajectory, thereafter. The vast of majority of the kids who transferred had zero shot at playing there. They r literally processed out. Most have either transferred multiple times, found themselves at FCS levels, or found themselves at the community college level. Others have had one yr left to prove themselves & decided to choose elsewhere (like J Hurts).

My point is, we’re seeing this influx of transfers, but the reason teams like UGA, Bama, & OSU remain constant fixtures at the CFP level (and let’s be clear; there’s a difference between FCS, FBS, & CFP level recruiting) is b/c they over recruit at an elite level. They have a revolving chamber where the elite still wait their turn, & the overrated or passed-overs get processed out.

NIL nor this portal era is evening out chit. I just saw UGA beat TCU by a historic point differential. What those two tools have done is help mediocre team become bowl worthy, but CFP worthy is still recruiting the elites at the HS level & then use the portal to shore up any potential stop gap holes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s not even just the talent & the eval but the sheer depth of talent. They can easily absorb injuries and portal defections like it’s nothing over there.

If you are willing to invest enough in NIL - let’s say $200M per year, you can keep that going indefinitely. Let’s say you have nine five star running backs like USC did back in the 2000s…conventional wisdom says that some will bounce. But sign each of them to a six year deal at $4M per year and you’ll likely keep 6 to 8 of them.

Once everyone at the position is making first round NFL money, the transfers will dry up.

Advertisement
It’s not even just the talent & the eval but the sheer depth of talent. They can easily absorb injuries and portal defections like it’s nothing over there.
This.

Depth is the differentiator. When you have 3 teams of elite talent, then you have something.

Because guys WILL get hurt and you WILL have to rely on your bench at some point.

Who did then? I don’t think there’s any real accurate way to track because like what’s been mentioned on here, top tier SEC teams drop 💼 with nil. No taxes on bags

Don’t believe Saban decided to stop moving elite recruits whole families into homes in bama cause nil started
I’m not saying they weren’t dropping bags or weren’t even close to the top. Bama during the initial years of nil has been spending less compared to at least 2 other sec schools because they’re Bama and I guess their name is good.

Advertisement
Back