Javion Cohen commits to Miami

If they pan out and Alabama determines that they can help them, they will do whatever they can financially to keep them. I’m not one of those people that says the only reason that Saban has been so successful is because of bags, he’s clearly a great coach, and has developed a great system and infrastructure at Alabama, practically to the level of a top NFL team, but I don’t discount their willingness to use illegal means, like they have been way before NIL.

As far as Cohen, I think that’s probably a very unique one-of type situation. We were lucky he was available and was willing to leave. Granted, I don’t know all the details of what was going on between him and the team/coaches.
All of that is true, and he got it started by dropping mega bags

Advertisement
So Saban just gets to burn former players and recruits publicly with impunity? I get that he's built up a **** of a lot of equity with both winning and putting guys in the league, but seems if anyone else did that sort of thing they'd be getting killed for it in the local football communities these kids come from as well as by the players themselves.

If they pan out and Alabama determines that they can help them, they will do whatever they can financially to keep them. I’m not one of those people that says the only reason that Saban has been so successful is because of bags, he’s clearly a great coach, and has developed a great system and infrastructure at Alabama, practically to the level of a top NFL team, but I don’t discount their willingness to use illegal means, like they have been way before NIL.

As far as Cohen, I think that’s probably a very unique one-of type situation. We were lucky he was available and was willing to leave. Granted, I don’t know all the details of what was going on between him and the team/coaches.
not disputing anything u saying. Im saying imagine all that in addition to keeping Cohen and others who left.

Advertisement
True, but Saban will always be able to reload at Bama. No idea how much longer he stays though.
I agree. 100%. But Saban even admitted the reality in his rant: He doesn’t have endless bags to dish out. He’d rather spend his booster money on top High School recruits than have to dip into his pot every year to pay for portal additions because of annual departures.

It forces him to make economic decisions that he’d rather not have to make.

Dang if UM is paying for his girl friend law school tuition then NIL is on a different level
Yeah and even with all that and an ace recruiting head man we still lose a lot of recruiting battles so I can only guess what other programs are offering.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bruh did u see their class? It's super talented so they still getting the top tier in bulks.
No doubt . But now wit them classes as stacked as they are … but I’m I out of bounds saying he gon have to recruit those s same kids next yr from entering the portal ? That goes for us too.

Man word is they saying it was Sabans best class too highest rated class ever, I don't know how they doing it
Under The Table GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
what’s under that table

Advertisement
No doubt . But now wit them classes as stacked as they are … but I’m I out of bounds saying he gon have to recruit those s same kids next yr from entering the portal ? That goes for us too.
Bruh ain't no way a Caleb Downs enters the portal or any elite kid. He ain't allowing difference makers to leave cause them boys seeing the field. His bad evals (which he has sometimes like anyone) kick rocks to the portal.

Man word is they saying it was Sabans best class too highest rated class ever, I don't know how they doing it
Money under the table they won't stop. I saw like four of their prospects on defense and it made our class look ordinary. I was like **** we have to make a huge leap in evals and closing to hit that level. Their recruits and UGAs are just different man. It made me humble quick fast as to where we are and what they keep bringing in.

Advertisement
Back