Javion Cohen commits to Miami

I agree. 100%. But Saban even admitted the reality in his rant: He doesn’t have endless bags to dish out. He’d rather spend his booster money on top High School recruits than have to dip into his pot every year to pay for portal additions because of annual departures.

It forces him to make economic decisions that he’d rather not have to make.
Of course. Same predicament as everyone else, but at Bama, he will always have plenty of 💰💰💰

Advertisement
Bro, I would suggest anyone go look at the kids who transferred from Bama. Peep their initial 247 rating, & then look at their trajectory, thereafter. The vast of majority of the kids who transferred had zero shot at playing there. They r literally processed out. Most have either transferred multiple times, found themselves at FCS level, or found themselves at the community college level. Others have had one yr left to prove themselves & choose elsewhere (like J Hurts).

My point is, we’re seeing this influx of transfers, but the reason teams like UGA, Bama, & OSU remain constant fixtures at the CFP level (and let’s be clear; there’s a difference between FCS, FBS, & CFP level recruiting) is b/c they over recruit at an elite level. They have a revolving chamber where the elite still wait their turn, & the overrated or passed-overs get processed out.

NIL nor this portal era is evening out chit. I just saw UGA beat TCU by a historic point differential. What those two tools have done is help mediocre team become bowl worthy, but CFP worthy is still recruiting the elites at the HS level & then use the portal to shore up any potential stop gap holes.
Preach

Saban lose a couple guys to NIL and telling people business. Why didnt he bring up any of Bama’s success NIL deals?

I’m not saying they weren’t dropping bags or weren’t even close to the top. Bama during the initial years of nil has been spending less compared to at least 2 other sec schools because they’re Bama and I guess their name is good.
Is that just NIL or NIL + good old fashioned bags?

Advertisement
Who's that DL kid from UGA? Dudes an animal he's a top 5 pick. But he's explosive that's the difference. My knock on a let's say.......G15 was explosiveness and u can see it in the NFL. U need to have some sort of explosiveness...and first step..or a closing speed, or violent rip move. U can't just be big there is a lot more that goes into it.
Jalen Carter

I guarantee you Bama is doing both. Why wouldn’t they? No one‘s gonna stop them.
I know they are doing both. My question was whether they’re not being a top spender compared to Georgia and A&M included both sources. Of course when you have proof of concept and can say you will make millions as a top round draft pick, guys may not chase a few extra hundred thousand on the short term.

I know they are doing both. My question was whether they’re not being a top spender compared to Georgia and A&M included both sources. Of course when you have proof of concept and can say you will make millions as a top round draft pick, guys may not chase a few extra hundred thousand on the short term.

I can agree with that.

Bama spends, but $300k at Bama is worth a lot more than other schools. You might have to double that amount to stand a shot at beating them.

To add to that, every recruit is different. So you never really know, but there's only a handful of schools that could even compete with them dollar for dollar.

Advertisement
Is that just NIL or NIL + good old fashioned bags?
I’m saying NIL + bags, Bama currently ain’t spending what A&M and uga are. Cause again less is more at Bama for some guys being a nfl factory and all. I know one kid personally who asked for north of 400K at Texas A&M but was willing to take half with Saban

Last edited:
Is there an update on Javion Cohen or something or is this just being bumped repeatedly to suck Sabans ****?
It was insinuated although the link is nothing more than conjecture that Saban sighted the fact that he lost 10 players and 1 starter to the portal. One of those players, this is where there is a jump to conclusions, asked for 500k and for his sister to have her law school paid for. The assumption made that the only player that should even have the audacity to ask for something like would be a starter and Cohen was the only starter that transferred.

I’m saying NIL + bags, Bama currently ain’t spending what A&M and uga are. Cause again less is more at Bama for some guys being a nfl factory and all. I know one kid personally who asked for north off 400K at Texas A&M but was willing to take half with Saban
Seems like Georgia is on their way to proof of concept discount if they want it. But their boosters also seem all too happy to spend it and there’s a LOT of money in Atlanta among them.

Advertisement
Because that dude is never ever satisfied. He is **** bent on world domination and anything short of that is failure to him.
You can be **** bent on world domination without pulling a hoe move. When the Pitt HC complained about back channel and NIL. We all roast him and said he needs to stop *****ing. Saban complains for the second off season in a row and go deeper by stating numbers, people defends him. Instead complaining about recruits and players that didn’t go or left Bama for better NIL deals. Why don’t he speak about Alabama players current NIL deals first?

The funny thing about it, if CM would have signed with Miami. His whole NIL complaint would have been a directed at Miami…… again.

It was insinuated although the link is nothing more than conjecture that Saban sighted the fact that he lost 10 players and 1 starter to the portal. One of those players, this is where there is a jump to conclusions, asked for 500k and for his sister to have her law school paid for. The assumption made that the only player that should even have the audacity to ask for something like would be a starter and Cohen was the only starter that transferred.

I think it was his girlfriend, and I'm pretty sure she enrolled in UM law so that narrows it down to him

Advertisement
Saban lose a couple guys to NIL and telling people business. Why didnt he bring up any of Bama’s success NIL deals?

Or better yet his decades of illegal bag money?

The ******* legit said the NFL has balance partly because of draft position. He cheats his way to multiple national championships and starts talking about fairness and equity. LMFAO.

p.s. he was clearly swiping at McClain, Cohen and Mario/Ruiz. He’s like Smog with impenetrable skin absent one missing scale, griping about the Baggins thief in his cave of hoarded stolen treasure.

Advertisement
Back