Jason Munoz

Per team sources, a parting of ways due to Medical issues related to bloodwork that was keeping him from putting on weight. Some that have followed his story may remember he lost a lot of weight this year and has been working to put it back on. The concern was that he wouldn't be able to keep on the necessary weight to play DT at Miami

So why let him sign??

Seems like we are killing our connection at STA

Advertisement
Mainly his health issues caused him to lose alot of weight, which may take him awhile to put back on, we needed d-tackles, but if he recovers, he'll make some noise at some point in his career!

Advertisement
This is the kid who supposedly was as sure a Miami commit as could be, right?

And he doesn’t like the coaching upgrades?

We must’ve dropped him.

That was my initial thought but it would look very bad to cut a kid loose who already signed an LOI - and he’s from STA!

Advertisement
Per team sources, a parting of ways due to Medical issues related to bloodwork that was keeping him from putting on weight. Some that have followed his story may remember he lost a lot of weight this year and has been working to put it back on. The concern was that he wouldn't be able to keep on the necessary weight to play DT at Miami

I knew a kid at Penn State who had an issue like that....Deryck Toles. He had an enzyme disorder that would cause his body to break down muscle for energy, so he had trouble keeping on weight. He would also get exhausted during games. They had to keep him on a 30 play snap count.

Advertisement
Ferman is reporting that he lost over 60 pounds due to something unknown. He was down to about 210. Both pareties parted ways. Miami did due to the obvious and him due to the fact that he wasnt gonna play here at that weight any time soon.
Thyroid issue maybe? Didn’t RJ lose a lot of weight before the combine because of it? Not 60 lbs but a decent amount.

Advertisement
I just feel bad for him. Syracuse is reporting that he will play d tackle but he might have to switch to linebacker

Who?
Conversation with Manny:
Munoz: coach id like to be released from my NLI
Manny: wait u thought u were still on the team? U were realsed last week. My fault, been busy getting killers. Good luck to u

Advertisement
Back