Jason Munoz

Advertisement
I honestly don't give a **** about this kid switching, SoFla will always produce undersized, athletic DE's that we can blow up into DT's. But 2 thoughts:

1. I'd rather be operating in the manner where we sign a kid and then can mutually part ways when we have a better feel for who is signing with us and whether that scholly can be used on someone better
2. As far as I saw, nobody from any of the major outlets knew **** about this situation. It would be nice to get a positive surprise for once, a big-time guy signing with us that went completely under the radar

Diaz, as HC, is getting rid of recruits that he signed off on as DC!.......****, that's savage as f'uck.

I'm sorry bae, I honestly thought I was ready to marry you, but now that I got this promotion, get the f'uck out of my bed. I don't have time for bottom feeding b'itches!

Advertisement
We all hope that, but I wouldn't buy it.

Would be curious to know the behind the scenes.

One thing is for sure, Manny needs to be the one to finally get us back in the mix for big time DTs, not these hope to develop guys down the road and grad transfer quick fixes. Oh, and no, I have not forgotten that Nesta was very highly regarded...I just haven't seen him do **** at the college level yet.

UM
Silva will be in beast mode here soon enough, he was a True Freshman sir. Jade is a cane that Willis said he would "Go to War with".
Not worried about Silva at all.

Advertisement
I'm knocking the kid, but he looks really skinny... Im not sure if he ever recovered from his injury. Best of luck to him.

Advertisement
If anyone wants to complain about hurting the pipeline with Aquinas. What pipeline are we talking about?

Are we talking about the pipeline that has gotten Miami 5 kids in the last 4 cycles and one of those kids got booted off (Sam Bruce). There were 6 guys from Aquinas this cycle that Miami could have gotten and only 1 of them came here. Not much of a pipeline if you ask me.

Advertisement
If a player signs his letter of intent he's not getting dropped a month later. Munoz probably realized he just did not want to be here and started seeking other schools. He decided he rather be at Syracuse then here and Miami let him out of his NLI.

This kid was obviously not a good take, imo. The coaching change gave cover to the staff to move on without torching STA relationships. Nice to see him land at Syracuse. Wish him well. He wasn’t going to play at UM, IMO. Certainly not ahead of Blissett, Holley or JHH.

Munoz was a guy that you stashed away and hope he contributed by year 3. If we land JHH, I'm more than fine with a class of Holley, Blissett and JHH. That's a really good haul.

Per team sources, a parting of ways due to Medical issues related to bloodwork that was keeping him from putting on weight. Some that have followed his story may remember he lost a lot of weight this year and has been working to put it back on. The concern was that he wouldn't be able to keep on the necessary weight to play DT at Miami

Advertisement
Back