Jason Munoz

Watched him against Lakeland.. Kid is not Miami caliber, no flame intended. Best of luck to him.

Diaz has balls, I'll give him that. Boss moves.

Advertisement
To Syracuse?

Great news. Didn't like his film and thought he was a career backup here.

Anyone that thinks he left Miami and Diaz didn't drop him is wrong. Diaz is changing everything and we were much more desperate a month ago than we are now so even though the defensive staff is the same, their recruiting strategy is different.

Advertisement
Was thinking that he looked super small in those pictures from his Syracuse OV. Medical condition makes sense.

Best of luck to the kid, hope the medical issue isn't serious. Its would've made more news if the school didn't mutually let him out of his decision.

Advertisement
So why let him sign??

Seems like we are killing our connection at STA
To the contrary. We are preserving our STA relationship.

We took his commitment last summer. He didn’t progress. It seemed clear it wasn’t going to be a good fit ... but we took his commitment and a UM coach isn’t going to ***** over an STA kid. So there we sat, until Richt quit. That gave an opening for this sequence to unfold. We have cover to allow him out of the LOI. He has basis to ask. He gets to explore other options. We would have kept him if needed to preserve the STA relationship, but fortunately this looks like a good outcome all around.

Again, I really liked the kid’s attitude and think he will be solid in college because of work ethic. But he is not a UM DT, at least not if we are tryna be back.

Per team sources, a parting of ways due to Medical issues related to bloodwork that was keeping him from putting on weight. Some that have followed his story may remember he lost a lot of weight this year and has been working to put it back on. The concern was that he wouldn't be able to keep on the necessary weight to play DT at Miami
Wish the kid luck

Advertisement
Nope, not at all.

He landed on his feet at another P5 ACC school with good academics & good coaches in Dino Babers & his DL coach Vinson Reynolds.

It's not like he has to go to a FCS school or something, he wanted to leave for whatever reason, so we let him go. We didn't ***** him or do bad by him in any way.

Did you see this kid play? what did you think?

To the contrary. We are preserving our STA relationship.

We took his commitment last summer. He didn’t progress. It seemed clear it wasn’t going to be a good fit ... but we took his commitment and a UM coach isn’t going to ***** over an STA kid. So there we sat, until Richt quit. That gave an opening for this sequence to unfold. We have cover to allow him out of the LOI. He has basis to ask. He gets to explore other options. We would have kept him if needed to preserve the STA relationship, but fortunately this looks like a good outcome all around.

Again, I really liked the kid’s attitude and think he will be solid in college because of work ethic. But he is not a UM DT, at least not if we are tryna be back.
Exactly, our connection with STA is perfectly fine. Twan Russel is still coaching there so we good on that front.

And STA isn't like typical local South Fla schools, they don't necessarily push their players in one direction or the other.

We've had a long standing relationship with STA going back to the 80's, we've landed kids from there even under our worst coaches, it just so happens this class didn't turn out that way.

And truth be told, a lot of the STA prospects in this class were overrated. Now 2020/21, they got some pure dawgs & ballers, but 2019, Jahmar Brown (who's originally at Pace) was the only one I really wanted.

Advertisement
Per team sources, a parting of ways due to Medical issues related to bloodwork that was keeping him from putting on weight. Some that have followed his story may remember he lost a lot of weight this year and has been working to put it back on. The concern was that he wouldn't be able to keep on the necessary weight to play DT at Miami

I'm interested in this medical issue. Is it contagious? If not how can i acquire it?

Boo friggidy hoo. Makes us look even more attractive for 2020 crop of DTs. That’s another Diaz win. Dude’s on fire.

Advertisement
Back