Jason Munoz Commits

Advertisement
Im pretty sure Saban is in his office breaking computer and smashing Kools desk into pieces, "I got u to fuqin keep studs like this away from Miami u lazy POS, so this is why there were sneakers stains on your fuqin desk?"

Too lazy to put a bag together.

Not to cloud this up but my Cuban born wife says she is Hispanic not Latino. Aren’t Latinos Spanish speakers from from Latin America? Are Spaniards Latinos?
Not to get into a history lesson, but she's mostly correct if she was born in Cuba. Hispanics are basically derived from the Iberian peninsula- Spain, Portugal, etc. You're correct about Latinos - more from latin America; Central and South America. The reason the Spanish language is so prevalent in the Americas - North, Central, South America, Mexico, and the Carribean is from when the Spanish conquestadors "discovered" and settled these areas in the 14 & 1500's. I'm 40% HIspanic - grandparents on my fathers side from Spain. We're all mostly Heinz 57's nowadays!

Not to get into a history lesson, but she's mostly correct if she was born in Cuba. Hispanics are basically derived from the Iberian peninsula- Spain, Portugal, etc. You're correct about Latinos - more from latin America; Central and South America. The reason the Spanish language is so prevalent in the Americas - North, Central, South America, Mexico, and the Carribean is from when the Spanish conquestadors "discovered" and settled these areas in the 14 & 1500's. I'm 40% HIspanic - grandparents on my fathers side from Spain. We're all mostly Heinz 57's nowadays!
How can you discover a place where people already existed?

Advertisement
I just became a little smarter.

Advertisement
My wife is from Detroit. She spells Karla with a "K", so she thinks she is Latino, when in fact, spelling it with a "K" makes the name more German. Either way, she is straight up black! LMFAO.

Maybe she is from the Black Forest?
/kidding.

Advertisement
My wife is from Mexico and she hates to be called Hispanic or Spanish.

My family is from Cuba.
But both sides of family were relative newcomers to the island, mostly migrating there in the late 1800s.
My Mom's friends growing up in Cuba had ancestry from Ireland, Korea, Chinese (very common in latin America),
Lebanon and, of course, west Africa (heavy presence and influence in Cuba).
Lots of immigrants flowed to the Carribbean and latin-America in general, not unlike USA.

Anyways, apologies for derailing thread.

Advertisement
And when I say our History im talking the Natives of the entire Western Hemisphere.

You find black natives from the top of Alaska and Canada all the way down to the bottom tip of Argentina.

My family is from Cuba.
But both sides of family were relative newcomers to the island, mostly migrating there in the late 1800s.
My Mom's friends growing up in Cuba had ancestry from Ireland, Korea, Chinese (very common in latin America),
Lebanon and, of course, west Africa (heavy presence and influence in Cuba).
Lots of immigrants flowed to the Carribbean and latin-America in general, not unlike USA.

Anyways, apologies for derailing thread.
No apologies necessary! It never ceases to amaze me (in a great way) how many threads evolve into other discussions/topics. That's the beauty of CIS!

Advertisement
Back