Jason Munoz Commits

reg

Sophomore

Dwinstitles

All-American
I love that they grilled him first and Sinpson is on board with it. Means this kid is probably violent as fuq but i havent watched film yet. These r the offers i sleep on and they become savages later on.

Would love to see what @Liberty City El and @gogeta4 and a few other guys i didnt name that know DL think about this kid.

Very nice. Simpson’s first verbal as a Cane? Welcome!!

Just not Miami unless there are a couple Latinos on the roster.

Welcome aboard.

Hopefully Simpson's first commit will be a good one for us.

Just not Miami unless there are a couple Latinos on the roster.

Welcome aboard.

Hopefully Simpson's first commit will be a good one for us.
I'm going to show my youth with this question but who were some of the memorable Latinos on past teams?

Welcome to the U!!

I'm going to show my youth with this question but who were some of the memorable Latinos on past teams?
Off the top of my head

Carlos Huerta
Jack Fernandez
Braxton Berrios
Joaquin Gonzalez

In the other thread it was written that he balled out in front of all of the coaches, not just Simpson, so this is not a "Simpson" offer.

And he loves thick women.

reg

Sophomore
He has a phenomenal "get off", almost as if he knows the snap count on every down. When you look at the type of DT's that we bringing in, including Jordan and Silvera, they all have a great first step. When you pair these DT's with the likes of Garvin, Rousseau, and maybe Jackson, the 2019 D-line will be scary fast.

I've been watching this kid for awhile to see if we would have interest since he had prerequisite size. I see people keep saying it opens the sta pipeline..sta is our feeder school..we get mostly who we want from there. We about to kill it with this class and the next few with some um alumni down the pike, and legit cane fans. They have a young de..who is the older bro of my qb I coach on my optimist team..a freshman with div1 offers already..a prop Joe special for sure if we offer down the road

brock

All-American
He has some quickness and moves as an interior guy which you always like to see

He committed right after he got the offer. Got to love it. This kid is a keeper

Joaquin Gonzalez (from walk-on to 2-time AA)

Carlos Huerta (walk-on kicker to AA - maybe the best Miami kicker)

George Mira Sr (AA QB a thousand years ago)

George Mira Jr (had the record at Miami for most tackles until Morgan broke it - I think Morgan broke it - I think he was also an AA)

Joel Rodriguez was a decent center for us about 10 years ago - and he's now on the staff doing something.

Buck Ortega came in the same year as Sean Taylor from Gulliver Prep and played a bit as a TE here and on STs.

Mario and Luis Cristobal both were OL here from Columbus HS.

Rusty Medearis was a solid DE for us before a knee injury - 5 sacks in his first game

And others, but these are a few I can think of at the moment.

LuCane

Administrator
Staff member
Carlos Huerta.
Carlos Callejas.
Joaquin said dominate.
Joel Rodriguez.
Buck Ortega.
Brett Romberg might as well be an honorary Cuban.
Braxton Berrios.

Forgetting many, I'm sure. This is a question for MedleyCane, whose brother may have even played on a squad.

Last edited:
Carlos Huerta.
Carlos Callejas.
Joaquin said dominate.
Joel Rodriguez.
Buck Ortega.
Brett Romberg might as well be an honorable Cuban.
Braxton Berrios.

Forgetting many, I'm sure. This is a question for MedleyCane, whose brother may have even played on a squad.

Jon Feliciano