Jason Munoz Commits

This is how my wife explains it

To me Latino is people born in the USA of Hispanic decent except Mexicans.

Chicano is Mexicans born in the US.

Hispanics are people born outside the USA from Spanish Speaking countries countries from Central and South American Countries and the Caribbean. This also includes Brazil

West Indian is anyone born or descendants of Parents from the Caribbean or English speaking Central and South American Countries

From my understanding, Mexicans refer to themselves as Latinos. Since Mexicans are the largest Hispanic market in the country, you hear that terminology a lot in the States. Carribean people usually refer themselves as Hispanics. I am Cuban American and never use the word Latino to describe myself nor other Hispanics.

Advertisement
Yea the Moss's are down there and Acklins. My fam is from Acklins..but we had some in crooked island which is only like 5mins away. My fam in crooked island are the Scavella's.

When you go you have to go get something to eat at Gibson's Restaurant. Thats where we ate for lunch. Good food.

Theres not much to do down there at all..but it was cool to actually see where my grandparents were from.

I’m on Crooked Island Right now bro. Met one of your Cuz, Hylene Scavella. She’s married to my cousin and they own Villas out here so that’s where we are. Have had boiled fish from Gibson’s every morning thus far. Was suppose to go to Acklinstoday but I missed the ferry. @gogeta4

Hey, some of us were old enough to follow Sammy Davis Jr.
He was Black and ****** but not a Roman. SDJr converted to Judaism, Drake, on the other hand, was born ******. As we're Rashida and Kadida Jones. All of them had ****** mothers and were raised in Judaism.

UM had a Black ****** basketball player in the late '80's, one of the kids Bill Foster recruited from D.C. I think it was Jacob Morton but I can't remember for sure. Jake did play pro in Israel for six years, although that's not the reason I think he's ******. I read it somewhere else years ago.

Constantine Popa became an Israeli citizen after playing in Israel and marrying an Israeli woman. He did not embrace Judaism. Amare Stoudamire did.

Anthony Lawrence, incidentally, is playing in Israel now, I think.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m on Crooked Island Right now bro. Met one of your Cuz, Hylene Scavella. She’s married to my cousin and they own Villas out here so that’s where we are. Have had boiled fish from Gibson’s every morning thus far. Was suppose to go to Acklinstoday but I missed the ferry. @gogeta4
UM had a LB in the mid-70's named Steadman Scavella. Don't know much about him but he had a tryout with the Bucs.

There was a well known singer some years ago named Barbara Acklin. Trying to remember what she sang and whether she was with Motown.

My cuz owns the ferry ED.

Have fun down there getting away bro from the life life

YlnFy4g.gif

Advertisement
From my understanding, Mexicans refer to themselves as Latinos. Since Mexicans are the largest Hispanic market in the country, you hear that terminology a lot in the States. Carribean people usually refer themselves as Hispanics. I am Cuban American and never use the word Latino to describe myself nor other Hispanics.

"Hispanic and Latino are often used interchangeably though they actually mean two different things. Hispanic refers to people who speak Spanish and/or are descended from Spanish-speaking populations, while Latino refers to people who are from or descended from people from Latin America."

You can actually be both depending on your ancestors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back