Jason Munoz Commits

This is ironic coming from the same poster who thinks we should stop playing football if we don't up our blue chip ratio

You must have a learning disability.

You can take a few eyetest 3* players. Less for a small class, about 1/5th for a full class. The problem is when you take too many of them where they become the bottom 1/3 of your class, and over a 3-4 year period, become the bottom 1/3 of your roster...welcome to Miami football for the past 15 years.

As an aside, you offer, take his commit...but if he doesn't develop over his senior year like you project...you just let him find a new home. But if you aren't going to use the camp to evaluate and ultimately land recruits...whats the point?

Last edited:
Advertisement
She is Latino. As in Latin American. Someone who speaks spanish from a non-latin country is a “Hispanic.” That would be someone who has a nationality of Spain. Which are generally caucasian folks.

When did Cuban move to Latin America? It is no more Latin American than Florida. Spainiards settled Cuba, Mexico, Central America and most of South America. Granted native Indian populations in most those places survived better than in Cuba where they we mostly eliminated, so skin color might be darker but that is not from the Hispanics. Are we actually mixing Hispanics with native “Latinos” for the sake of politics? If Spaniards are not Latino then we should start referring to “Latinos” Natives instead. Of course we would need another name for the Africa descendants from those regions since they are not Hispanic nor natives. Do you see my point?

Advertisement
Here's a good memory to share.

We were being dragged behind the Striker over unbelievable reefs looking for conch also with my Hawaiian sling (anyone know this item ?) a dream day. I told the my wife's dad I want to left on a island all alone so they dropped me off on a beautiful beyond belief super small island couple palm trees diamond crystal water and velvet blinding white sand just breath taking.

they left me with a cooler full of Kalic and of course conch and home made fish dip sandwiches for about 3-4 hours , boys as you can see still sticks with me , fishing ,drinking ,snorkeling and exploring yes I was left on a island alone something I have clearly in my mind , I guess that was on my bucket list but never knew it at 17 years old

GOCANES

Advertisement
She is Latino. As in Latin American. Someone who speaks spanish from a non-latin country is a “Hispanic.” That would be someone who has a nationality of Spain. Which are generally caucasian folks.

VntRcMN.jpg

Advertisement
When did Cuban move to Latin America? It is no more Latin American than Florida. Spainiards settled Cuba, Mexico, Central America and most of South America. Granted native Indian populations in most those places survived better than in Cuba where they we mostly eliminated, so skin color might be darker but that is not from the Hispanics. Are we actually mixing Hispanics with native “Latinos” for the sake of politics? If Spaniards are not Latino then we should start referring to “Latinos” Natives instead. Of course we would need another name for the Africa descendants from those regions since they are not Hispanic nor natives. Do you see my point?

Central and South America is Latin America. I’m not sure what you’re saying but all i’m saying is anyone from those regions regardless of race is of Latino ethnicity. That’s it. Spain is not a Latino country in the common usage of the term.

Central and South America is Latin America. I’m not sure what you’re saying but all i’m saying is anyone from those regions regardless of race is of Latino ethnicity. That’s it. Spain is not a Latino country in the common usage of the term.

Yes, Central American in Latin American. Cuba is not in central or South America, therefore Cubans are not Latinos. You have it right. To be honest, I am not sure that South America was historically considered Latin America or not. In my youth they were upset that we called ourselves Americans because that was a name they thought should be theirs. They called us North Americans.

So I guess PR and DR are not Latin America?

What about English speaking Belize?

Advertisement
It's all quite silly (Latino vs Hispanic). Originally, one was supposed to represent people in Latin America (including brazil) that have indigenous backgrounds and the other (Hispanic) is supposed to represent people in Latin America (excluding brazil) that have Spanish background. More or less. The irony is that EVERYONE has spanish background in Latin America.

FWIW, I never really heard the word Latino being used until after I moved out of Miami.

People need to understand that in Latin America there is still some class/racist culture based mostly on European heritage. Caucasian Latin Americans of European descent are usually wealthy and look down upon and treat the indigenous population differently.
There are black people in every country in South American and Central America and they are still Hispanic Latin or whatever.
The “Hispanic” or “Latino” population in this country is mostly Mexican and I think it’s somewhere like over 80% with the exception of south Florida and the northeast that have a higher percentage of Puerto Rican’s and Cubans.
Here in Miami no one calls another Hispanic “that Mexican dude over there” unless you know he’s Mexican, but in most of the US if you speak Spanish your a Mexican.
I knew a wealthy Cuban girl of Spanish descent. She went to rocky top. She had light brown hair and green eyes and spoke Spanish on the phone with her friends and family.
After a month she was asked by her roommates about how she was able to keep her roots so light since they never saw her go to the salon or dye her hair. And they also asked about color tact’s for her eyes.She said that it was her natural hair color and eyes. They didn’t believe here.
She said the best day of her freshman year was when her family came to visit and they looked more white than everyone else’s family. She just couldn’t believe the ignorance.
On the other hand I knew a black friend from Uruguay and when he went to school at trailerhasee they asked him where in Africa is Uruguay and that they didn’t know that Africa had a Spanish speaking country.
Latin America and the carrribean are immigrant colonies. Just like there are European and Chinese Jamaicans and the West Indies has strong ties culturally and racially to India.
In Colombia and Venezuela there is also a heavy middle eastern influence hence Shakira the singer.
The confusion here in the us is clowded by the lack of world history and geography at the high school level coupled with the vast number of Mexicans that are sometimes the only exposure to anyone of Hispanic or Latin descent.

That’s why young fellas you should come to the U.
Expose yourself to new cultures. Get Educated inside and outside the classroom.
So what nationality culture heritage are Munñoz’s parents. I think the Rrstrepo kid with that last name should be Colombian.

Advertisement
Back