Jason Munoz Commits

Advertisement
I saw this coming a mile away (actually I never heard of the kid but figured I’d post this before some other after the fact know it all did).

Looks like a great pickup. I am psyched that we keep getting quality STA players.

Go Canes !!

Advertisement
Very nice pickup. The prototypical 3Tech that we go after -- fast, strong and lean. Should be a beast around 290 when he hits the field.

Now get me Ingraham and one more and we'll be set at DT.

Long arms, projectable frame, chiseled build for 250+ lbs. College-ready technique and positional awareness as expected for an STA kid. Solid pickup worthy of a scholarship.

Not blown away by his get-off quickness, power or strength but he should be quality depth for 4 years at least. Seems like his ideal position is 5-tech so I'm interested to see if Diaz/Simpson mix up fronts more often.

btw he has the frame (and weight room habits evidently) to be way bigger than 290 if required.

When I watched his film he was at DE, but my mind said he is a DT all the way. Powerful at the point of attack. Plus I love DT and OL commits more than any position.

Advertisement
No way this guy isn’t a beast if he was offered on the spot. They probably also talked to the coaches about his character and work ethic. Kid had to check off a lot of boxes.

Wow. Really good looking kid. In great shape for 268lbs. He's gonna look incredible at 290+.

Just watched his spring tape...

Get-off is relatively average but what I liked was the way he rolled his hips and created separation when he engaged OL. Nice, strong punch/extension. He also looked good flipping his hips in the pass rush/swat drill that Jason Taylor was running in the video.
He showed various pass rushing moves instead of just bull-rushing.

Spanish kids are usually tough as **** too. (if they play football and not futbol)
I've never had a soft chico on any of my teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back