Jason Munoz Commits

Advertisement
sSVyJU.gif

Advertisement
Just not Miami unless there are a couple Latinos on the roster.

Welcome aboard.

Hopefully Simpson's first commit will be a good one for us.
I'm going to show my youth with this question but who were some of the memorable Latinos on past teams?

Advertisement
He has a phenomenal "get off", almost as if he knows the snap count on every down. When you look at the type of DT's that we bringing in, including Jordan and Silvera, they all have a great first step. When you pair these DT's with the likes of Garvin, Rousseau, and maybe Jackson, the 2019 D-line will be scary fast.

Advertisement
I've been watching this kid for awhile to see if we would have interest since he had prerequisite size. I see people keep saying it opens the sta pipeline..sta is our feeder school..we get mostly who we want from there. We about to kill it with this class and the next few with some um alumni down the pike, and legit cane fans. They have a young de..who is the older bro of my qb I coach on my optimist team..a freshman with div1 offers already..a prop Joe special for sure if we offer down the road

Advertisement
Joaquin Gonzalez (from walk-on to 2-time AA)

Carlos Huerta (walk-on kicker to AA - maybe the best Miami kicker)

George Mira Sr (AA QB a thousand years ago)

George Mira Jr (had the record at Miami for most tackles until Morgan broke it - I think Morgan broke it - I think he was also an AA)

Joel Rodriguez was a decent center for us about 10 years ago - and he's now on the staff doing something.

Buck Ortega came in the same year as Sean Taylor from Gulliver Prep and played a bit as a TE here and on STs.

Mario and Luis Cristobal both were OL here from Columbus HS.

Rusty Medearis was a solid DE for us before a knee injury - 5 sacks in his first game

And others, but these are a few I can think of at the moment.

I'm going to show my youth with this question but who were some of the memorable Latinos on past teams?

Carlos Huerta.
Carlos Callejas.
Joaquin said dominate.
Joel Rodriguez.
Buck Ortega.
Brett Romberg might as well be an honorary Cuban.
Braxton Berrios.

Forgetting many, I'm sure. This is a question for MedleyCane, whose brother may have even played on a squad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back