Jason Munoz Commits

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mentioned Jack earlier, wasn’t his first start in a bowl game because somebody got hurt, maybe Tiger Clark?? I can’t remember.

As someone else noted, Tiger stepped in for Mira in the Orange Bowl Classic vs Oklahoma.
Fernandez stepped in for Ken Sisk when he got hurt vs Nebraska in the OB Classic vs Nebraska.
I believe Fernandez earned defensive MVP in that game.
I remember Fernandez from his Hialeah Optimist days.
Has an older brother who was also a solid player for Miami Springs HS, Fernando Fernandez.

Joaquin Gonzalez (from walk-on to 2-time AA)

Carlos Huerta (walk-on kicker to AA - maybe the best Miami kicker)

George Mira Sr (AA QB a thousand years ago)

George Mira Jr (had the record at Miami for most tackles until Morgan broke it - I think Morgan broke it - I think he was also an AA)

Joel Rodriguez was a decent center for us about 10 years ago - and he's now on the staff doing something.

Buck Ortega came in the same year as Sean Taylor from Gulliver Prep and played a bit as a TE here and on STs.

Mario and Luis Cristobal both were OL here from Columbus HS.

Rusty Medearis was a solid DE for us before a knee injury - 5 sacks in his first game

And others, but these are a few I can think of at the moment.

Medearis was from Missouri and that name isn't hispanic, to my knowledge.
Lots of Cuban-American kids from mid1970s through the 1980s.
Many from the Hialeah schools (Pace, HML, Hialeah, Miami Springs) and from Columbus.
Barry Gonzalez (HML) was a pretty good DE/OLB for the UM.
I believe he had a cup of coffee with the Browns.

A little late there in the thread buddy.

Dad is a Rican and you are what your dad is
Fair enough lol I don’t think I read past first page but that’s how genetics works my guy spoiler alert he’s still white

Last edited:
Advertisement
They are but how many associate themselves as being white?

Most of them.
I mean, what else do you expect them to associate with?
You are what you are.
It doesn't mean you hang a bumper sticker on car stating "white hispanic on board".

Advertisement
Great pickup! This kid, like Brooks, is going to have a monster season coming off of injury! Welcome to the 🙌🏽!!!
Great point!

Not saying that it didn't happen before, but under this staff, we have offered scholly's and accepted a few commitments from recruits that are fresh off of an injury, without even knowing fully if the player has completely recovered. I can't speak for our coaches, but I do not think it is by happenstance.

Of course, the recruit has to be good enough to receive an offer in the first place. However, for the current staff, to be so quick on the draw to offer injured local players, it is going to pay huge dividends later. The parents, local high school coaches, and the players themselves, will take notice; this is one way you can change the narrative that The U is forgetting about local talent, which became a discussion, only due to the ignorrance and the incompetence of the 2 previous coaching staffs.

Let’s finish with Daxon, Munoz, Ingraham, Davis and Holley. That’s a good group at DT. With those position flexibility to even move them on the outside with Munoz and Ingraham to seal the edge.

I say that group of DT’s with Bogle and Williams on the outside is a nice haul. But we probably only take 4 DT’s, Daxon should have been working out at camp too...

His tape looks like a strong side DE. He would need to add 30-40 pounds to play DT.

RJ played last year at like 285, but he was pretty long limbed. And DJack moved inside on passing downs so staff is comfortable playing lighter guys inside if the situation calls for it.

Advertisement
Let’s finish with Daxon, Munoz, Ingraham, Davis and Holley. That’s a good group at DT. With those position flexibility to even move them on the outside with Munoz and Ingraham to seal the edge.

I say that group of DT’s with Bogle and Williams on the outside is a nice haul. But we probably only take 4 DT’s, Daxon should have been working out at camp too...

Sort of doubt we take five DTs. We actually need numbers more at DE than at DT. I'm guessing 3 DTs and 3 DEs.

Sort of doubt we take five DTs. We actually need numbers more at DE than at DT. I'm guessing 3 DTs and 3 DEs.

I guess it just depends who wants in a DT. We’ve got a lot of quality guys on the board which is rare. So I can see the staff capitlizing in the position like we did at CB last year.

Advertisement
Back