Jarvis Brownlee Holdout: Day 3

Advertisement

Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

For one thing, it's not controlled by the college. For another, if I'm a coach, I'll play the third string walk on before the guy who holds out for a better NIL deal that I have zero control over. Have fun getting drafted from the bench or transfer. Then it becomes a question of who'll take a transfer that refuses to play absent an NIL deal to his liking.
Especially for a player that's really just a role player and not a difference maker.

Advertisement
The dangerous side of the NIL deals. Some of these players will actually use the analogy of, "If you worked at your job and didnt get paid, would you go into work on that Monday?". Smh.

The pay is actually their full scholarship. The NIL is just an added incentive on top of the full ride. But some of these players probably wont understand that concept. The "Pay for play" narrative will rear its ugly head a few times this year ill bet.

The dangerous side of the NIL deals. Some of these players will actually use the analogy of, "If you worked at your job and didnt get paid, would you go into work on that Monday?". Smh.

The pay is actually their full scholarship. The NIL is just an added incentive on top of the full ride. But some of these players probably wont understand that concept. The "Pay for play" narrative will rear its ugly head a few times this year ill bet.

What's the value of an FSU degree though? An NIL deal for a free Big Mac at McDonalds is worth more.

Actually...they screwed over Laveranues...they didn't have his back and kicked him off team...but Warrick got basically nothing and remained on team...
Coles was very bitter and actually never recognizes FSPOO...
I think it drove him to succeed in the NFL as he became an excellent player...while Warrick was a monumental NFL Bust..

Correct. I think Coles had some previous issues though and why he got booted. I want to say it involved an agent and limo. But he was definitely the fall guy in that situation. I think Warrick missed a quarter or half

Advertisement
In all seriousness, how long until a player or (more likely) multiple players go on social media 48 hours before kickoff with: "Not playing Saturday until my NIL money is right."

And what exactly will the coach/AD/boosters do at that point?
I can definitely see that happening to a team with terrible culture like that dumpster of a program FSU. In my opinion it would be career suicide with almost a guarantee they don’t get to the next level. I don’t see that happening with the best players on the top 10 teams though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Players are gonna learn, you don’t get an endorsement deal just for being on the team. Nobody is going to pay money to scrubs. Brownlee can transfer to any school that will take him and still have no NIL deal.

Advertisement
Back