Jarvis Brownlee Holdout: Day 3

bc7a5426-709c-43cc-84df-67b6ec96501c_text.gif

Advertisement
Yeah, but I'm not talking about whether they got into trouble, I'm just talking about the open secret in Tallahassee that F$U football players could take whatever they wanted, including Adrian McPherson being allowed to take the Booster Club president's checkbook, and Warrick and Coles getting 99% discounts at Dillards.

Coles, McPherson, & Warrick's ultimate punishments were not any more than most first time offenders who plead out.

And McPherson wasn't "allowed" to take a checkbook, I believe He was charged with a felony and later plead out to a misdemeanor.

Now Winston, that's another story.

Advertisement
That's... Something else. But it's this starts a trend, could trigger a hasty demise or at least severe reigning in of NIL deals.

But you know, philosophically, if we're saying these kids are professionals and should be treated like stuff, and the pros have the right to hold out for more money.. Why shouldn't the college kids? Just pretty funny right now it's happening to FSU.

That's... Something else. But it's this starts a trend, could trigger a hasty demise or at least severe reigning in of NIL deals.

But you know, philosophically, if we're saying these kids are professionals and should be treated like stuff, and the pros have the right to hold out for more money.. Why shouldn't the college kids? Just pretty funny right now it's happening to FSU.
For one thing, it's not controlled by the college. For another, if I'm a coach, I'll play the third string walk on before the guy who holds out for a better NIL deal that I have zero control over. Have fun getting drafted from the bench or transfer. Then it becomes a question of who'll take a transfer that refuses to play absent an NIL deal to his liking.

Advertisement
For one thing, it's not controlled by the college. For another, if I'm a coach, I'll play the third string walk on before the guy who holds out for a better NIL deal that I have zero control over. Have fun getting drafted from the bench or transfer. Then it becomes a question of who'll take a transfer that refuses to play absent an NIL deal to his liking.
Well I'm not saying it's a good career move, I could just see more kids doing it.

In all seriousness, how long until a player or (more likely) multiple players go on social media 48 hours before kickoff with: "Not playing Saturday until my NIL money is right."

And what exactly will the coach/AD/boosters do at that point?
Legally, the school has nothing to do with the NIL deals, right? Sitting out only hurts the team, not the NIL. I don’t get it.

Advertisement
Legally, the school has nothing to do with the NIL deals, right? Sitting out only hurts the team, not the NIL. I don’t get it.

Not sure how many 18- to 22-year olds will get the distinction.

When these players got recruited out of high school, it was most likely the coaches who work for the university telling them where to go to get the hook up.

Advertisement

As long as NIL deals benefit Bama, UGA, TAMU & Texas, they ain’t going nowhere.

The only way NIL deals will ever be altered is when the powerhouses schools don’t gain from it...

Until then, nothing will change of it. NIL deals are based around the State laws not the NCAA, in most states there are no restrictions or prohibitions on NIL, so it won’t be a Nationwide phenomenon.

Advertisement
Back