Jarvis Brownlee Holdout: Day 3

Advertisement
I hope he holds out until the season starts, tearing up the locker room as days go by.

Hope he leaves.

Same with guys supporting him on Twitter, Jarrian Jones and Brendan Gant.

Noles think they are somehow good enough to withstand the losses of 3 upperclassmen starting DBs.

Hope he leaves.

Same with guys supporting him on Twitter, Jarrian Jones and Brendan Gant.

Noles think they are somehow good enough to withstand the losses of 3 upperclassmen starting DBs.
I hope they all stick around and destroy the locker room. Those guys can do more damage from within the program than they can by leaving IMO>

Advertisement
Someone could write a **** good book — ranging from inspiring to tragic — based on Brownlee's 8-word quote below.

View attachment 179377

Not that it matters much, but just to be clear here ...

I'm not mocking Brownlee as some kind of dumb or foolish kid for his "Football is all I know" statement.

That's not it at all.

The point I was trying to make is the foundation of what ultimately has made football so unique and entrenched in SoFla (more NFL players, the core of our 5 NC teams, CIS posters giving the heads up on a dual-threat QB for the Liberty City Warriors mitey-mites, etc.) is players who've given everything they had to the sport because they feel like it's the one (lawful) opportunity they've got.

Quotes like Brownlee's always remind me of one of the best sports stories I've ever read. It was about the motherlode of talent that came out The Muck:

"Soon we will gather in front of our televisions and watch receivers run over the middle and linebackers dive headfirst at loose footballs. We will tell ourselves we could do this too, if we were paid millions, or if we were famous, or if we took steroids. But we'll forget how the game of football is born out of hunger, and courage, and desperation, and community, and hope. And how sometimes it's played in spite of everything else."

Advertisement
Should have pulled the string and got him a tampon deal.

1647016726554.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back