Jarren Williams

Advertisement
Thought I’d drop this in here for the more appropriate thread.

Buddy of mine who talks with lot of the kids in GA sent this to me this morning.

6002E1CE-D3DF-4AD0-BD73-7434C5A6B088.jpg

Advertisement
It feels a lot better to have a QB on board who's actually been productive in HS. And a great TD:INT ratio to boot.

Looking forward to his official commit, along with Campbell and Briggs.

I am not counting Williams a Cane yet but I doubt AU or wherever else is going will beat what he say Saturday.

It feels a lot better to have a QB on board who's actually been productive in HS. And a great TD:INT ratio to boot.

Looking forward to his official commit, along with Campbell and Briggs.

Yep. All the folks who told us it didnt matter that sitkowski's stats and results stunk in HS should sit this one out (no pun intended).

Advertisement
4DB23F02-A372-49FC-98FE-AB23B9BB7268.jpg

Saw Jarren at Gameday and he looked awestruck. I think he’s a lock.

History with Richt from GA.
Family is sold.
Gameday.
That win in that atmosphere.
OSU/AU both have QB commits.
We don’t.
[Edit] He was on the Opening Finals Team with Cam, Lo, Hightower, Pope, Mallory, Brevin,
Blades, Jobe, Scaife and Silvera. Relationships there and he knows the talent he'd be surrounded by.
Cane Lock.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Screenshot_20171113-200649.jpg

Brevin Jordan bragging on Instagram about how he stiff armed a guy to **** before walking in for 6. His future teammate Jarren Williams in the comments with a beautiful 🙌

It's only highlights, but his field vision is really impressive for an athletic high school QB.

[HUDL]video/3/3878790/5a00f8f7b023311530ead9f9[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Advertisement
From those highlights, I agree that his field vision is his strongest attribute. I really like his choices on pass vs. run, as well. Very good pocket presence and ability to make plays when the pocket collapses. He has solid footwork and throwing motion in the pocket, but needs a lot of work on both when throwing on the run. Several of those throws back across the field would have been pick sixes in college with faster athletes because he loses too much zip when throwing off balance. Didn't see him under center, and even though Rosier plays out of shotgun, I think Richt wants to fold play-action back into the playbook ASAP, so that's another area JW will need to develop.

Overall, very good pickup if we can get him. Don't want to rush him onto the field, because Williams has some bad habits he needs to shake. But this is night and day versus Sitkowski; this kid is a true QB. And if he learns under the QB whisperer, he should end up a starter for us in a few years.

Already runs an RPO offense as well. Who do you guys got in a QB battle in 19 assuming Rosier for his senior season year?

Advertisement
Back