Jarren Williams

Not sure if we'd win it, but we darn sure pound Pitt with a QB that can hit a forward pass. I think we are a QB and star HB away. Both we will have next year.

People have short memories. It wasn't that long ago we were getting *** raped by Clemson. We're more than "one quarterback away."

We need to close strong this year with the heritage boys and with some other targets...then we need a top 5 class in 2019. Only then can we sniff the playoffs

Motivation is everything. Clemson didn't play us like they played Syracuse. We didn't play Clemson like we played Notre Dame.

Sorry but this makes zero sense. We should've had all the motivation in the world , especially after crapping the bed against a bad Pitt team ,then receiving a mulligan for that loss. We got a second chance at the final four and still got housed. It was just a matter of a program being on another level as their opponent.

Yup. They were substantially better than us at QB and OL. And (even) better than us at DL. Very difficult to prevail with that type of matchup.

I think we can get there in a year or two.

I'm not saying we beat Clemson with the same motivated team, I'm saying that if this team wanted the game bad enough we don't lose by 35 points. Which means, that yes, I strongly believe that if we DID have a QB that could complete a decent pass we would beat Clemson. Best argument I have is 3 examples from this year.

-Playing UVA at home this year, if their QB doesn't look like Dan Marino in the first half, we probably win 44-7 instead of 44-28. 21 point difference. Look at how that same QB did the very next week.

-UGA got hammered by Auburn, loss by 23 points in the first match. UGA came back emotionally motivated, while Auburn also played with a limp Kerryon Johnson (kind of how we were handicapped by a limping Walton at one point). Beats Auburn by 21 points. That is a full 44 point swing in differential. Do you think Kirby Smart's staff just had an epiphany and figured out how to magically make Auburn score 33 less points?

-Boise State, South Alabama, and LSU. Which one of these teams loss to Troy? While you answer that, also let me know which team has the superior OLine, Dline, and RB who will be drafted in the first round this year.

Having better QB play makes a huge difference in a game. Motivation, emotions, and momentum play a huge factor as well. Same reason why its difficult to beat the same team twice in 1 year, rival or not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back