Jarren Williams

Wasn’t there some complaints about the quarterback play fromthat south Florida team at the opening? Wasn’t this they guy that was the qb? I’m not trying to say the kids not good, more just trying to put the pieces together? Or was it the other qb? I know there were two QBs on that team.

Jarren Williams was by far the best qb on the team over Trevor Lawrence with their play at the event. Lawrence underwhelmed for sure that weekend

Advertisement
Wasn’t there some complaints about the quarterback play fromthat south Florida team at the opening? Wasn’t this they guy that was the qb? I’m not trying to say the kids not good, more just trying to put the pieces together? Or was it the other qb? I know there were two QBs on that team.

UM fans were shredding the qb of the team with all of our commits on it. They blamed him for our guys not having more success at the tournament.

That was Trevor Lawrence. They said he really struggled and didn't live up to his 5 star rating at the opening tournament.

Between him & Perry one of them is going to be a stud. It’s all were missing. Regardless what people on here think. You put Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold on Miami & we laugh our way to #6 . Literally would have been a comedy.

UM fans were shredding the qb of the team with all of our commits on it. They blamed him for our guys not having more success at the tournament.

That was Trevor Lawrence. They said he really struggled and didn't live up to his 5 star rating at the opening tournament.

Ahh thank I knew there was someone. Just wasn’t sure if it was this guy.

Advertisement
Between him & Perry one of them is going to be a stud. It’s all were missing. Regardless what people on here think. You put Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold on Miami & we laugh our way to #6 . Literally would have been a comedy.

Not with an OL/running game incapable of generating consistent short yardage success. UM has demonstrated no such capability.

Not with an OL/running game incapable of generating consistent short yardage success. UM has demonstrated no such capability.

Yes. Even with our o-line & running game we win the national title in a laugher.

Yes. Even with our o-line & running game we win the national title in a laugher.

Not sure about a natty but agree in general. How are we going to run when EVERYONE knows we can't pass. I never thought about it from that perspective. Put someone like Mayfield at QB and this team looks way different.

Not sure about a natty but agree in general. How are we going to run when EVERYONE knows we can't pass. I never thought about it from that perspective. Put someone like Mayfield at QB and this team looks way different.

We were 1 game away from having an undefeated season with malik Rosier for a qb, think about how big of a feat that is for a second.

Advertisement

We were 1 game away from having an undefeated season with malik Rosier for a qb, think about how big of a feat that is for a second.

Yep. And, without our starting running back. I really like Homer but there was a lot of talk about the dire situation of RB depth early on. I don't think anyone would have guessed the end result if they were to know that we'd be minus Walton, AR not full strength, Herndon, etc. for a big portion of the season.

Yep. And, without our starting running back. I really like Homer but there was a lot of talk about the dire situation of RB depth early on. I don't think anyone would have guessed the end result if they were to know that we'd be minus Walton, AR not full strength, Herndon, etc. for a big portion of the season.

Truly impressive to be where we were at with limited depth and crucial Injuries throughout the season. Would have been great to see us at full strength

Yep, Oklahoma actually has not much on offense. Marquis Brown, Ceedee Lamb, and their TE Andrews are legit, but their RB is average and their OL isn't great. I'd take our offense, when healthy, over what they have outside of QB.

Great college QBs, especially mobile ones, can mask a lot of warts. Even look at Clemson. The game Bryant gets hurt, they lose to Syracuse.

Hopefully either Perry or Williams is able to live up to the hype, because if so we'll have a playoff-caliber team

Yep, Oklahoma actually has not much on offense. Marquis Brown, Ceedee Lamb, and their TE Andrews are legit, but their RB is average and their OL isn't great. I'd take our offense, when healthy, over what they have outside of QB.

Great college QBs, especially mobile ones, can mask a lot of warts. Even look at Clemson. The game Bryant gets hurt, they lose to Syracuse.

Hopefully either Perry or Williams is able to live up to the hype, because if so we'll have a playoff-caliber team

This is where I disagree, Oklahoma offensive scheme far out classes miami period which can make all the difference regardless of the talent level of certain players

Advertisement

Sure. We have weapons in every direction and the talent we have coming in on offense is elite. We just need a QB on the field. Also, a QB on the field means we have to rely on our defense less. I'm not even sure we know how good our defense is/can be because they've carried the entire team...for the most part. BTW - elite talent coming in on defense as well. Team has all the makings - just need a point guard.

Not sure if we'd win it, but we darn sure pound Pitt with a QB that can hit a forward pass. I think we are a QB and star HB away. Both we will have next year.

This is where I disagree, Oklahoma offensive scheme far out classes miami period which can make all the difference regardless of the talent level of certain players

Neither Kaaya or Rosier could do what Richt wants the QB to be able to do.

I'm a big fan of Lincoln Riley but I'll hold off saying their scheme is that much better until we see Perry/Williams running it.

Just look at the Pitt game. A good QB throws for 350 yards and 5 TDs, and the scheme looks great

Advertisement
We were much further than just a QB from a national championship, let alone laughing out way to one.

I'm confident that we will be okay for a few years once the young guns are ready. Still a ways to go and hopefully the rest of the team can come together under the guy under center.

We were much further than just a QB from a national championship, let alone laughing out way to one.

I'm confident that we will be okay for a few years once the young guns are ready. Still a ways to go and hopefully the rest of the team can come together under the guy under center.

No were not. It’s fallacy. Our O-line recruits that we have currently are better then 95%+ of teams in the nation. It’s about having a QB & having balance. We’re a QB & a QB only away.

No were not. It’s fallacy. Our O-line recruits that we have currently are better then 95%+ of teams in the nation. It’s about having a QB & having balance. We’re a QB & a QB only away.

We were a “QB away” if that QB is Vince Young or Cam Newton. Otherwise, we were a lot more than a QB away this year. Teams that can’t convert 3rd and 1s, can’t run the ball consistently, and give up as many yards as we did on defense do not win championships. Replacing Malik Rosier with most other national title winning QBs doesn’t fix those problems.

We were a “QB away” if that QB is Vince Young or Cam Newton. Otherwise, we were a lot more than a QB away this year. Teams that can’t convert 3rd and 1s, can’t run the ball consistently, and give up as many yards as we did on defense do not win championships. Replacing Malik Rosier with most other national title winning QBs doesn’t fix those problems.

disagree.

Advertisement
Back