Jarren Williams

Any word on if he ended up making the visit? Hope he stayed home and watched Malik and the boys grab number 10

Advertisement
I know the Cane commits think he's a part of the class. Ohio State is wack. Auburn isn't Miami. He fits our offense perfectly and there will be an open competition following his RS season next year. He would have a strong chance to be the starting QB of a playoff caliber team as a True Freshman. I expect Williams will commit publicly in the next week and a half

I know the Cane commits think he's a part of the class. Ohio State is wack. Auburn isn't Miami. He fits our offense perfectly and there will be an open competition following his RS season next year. He would have a strong chance to be the starting QB of a playoff caliber team as a True Freshman. I expect Williams will commit publicly in the next week and a half

Yeah I think he'll be a Cane but I also think he'll take all of his visits first. He's probably learned his lesson that it's not wise to commit before checking out everything you might be interested in.

Advertisement
I've wanted this kid in a canes Jersey since before he committed to Kentucky... knew he wouldn't stay there , just like everyone else knew too ... he's a perfect fit and ready to ball out sooner than later

Advertisement
I 8D414C4E-D0CF-43ED-9C74-655572A661EE.jpgf trATTACH=CONFIG]54491[/ATTACH]8D414C4E-D0CF-43ED-9C74-655572A661EE.jpg

Advertisement
How do y'all think he compares to Perry as prospects? I see 247 composite has Perry with a slight edge .9218 vs .9186 but if you look at the 247 only rating is a significant edge to Williams, 93 4* vs 89 3*. Also the national accolades seem to favor Williams (U.S. All-American, Elite 11 finals). Thoughts?

How do y'all think he compares to Perry as prospects? I see 247 composite has Perry with a slight edge .9218 vs .9186 but if you look at the 247 only rating is a significant edge to Williams, 93 4* vs 89 3*. Also the national accolades seem to favor Williams (U.S. All-American, Elite 11 finals). Thoughts?

Not sure if srs

Not sure if srs

thanks for you insightful thoughts

Advertisement

Auburn would deserve that ish. I honestly don't know how Malzhan is even remotely on the hot seat at Auburn. Him going to Arkansas would be hilarious.

You didn’t actually believe that report did you?

not sure why you don’t think it’s possible. Tons of speculation on it. Auburn fans wanted him out earlier this year.

Williams looks more polished and looks to be a better runner. A lot of Perry's plays were throwing to the first read (a ton of Justin Watkins at WR)and you can see Williams scanning the field and making more decisions on his own. Williams probably plays against more talent in his class in Georgia than Nkosi did in the smaller class in Florida. Both of their stats are very impressive and you can't ask for much more production vs the competition they played than what they did.

Perry has the stronger arm and has been in the system an extra year. Williams has better top end speed and vision in the running game and is a more willing runner (could be a good or bad thing). Williams offense looks more comparable to what we run here compared to the HS offense Perry played in. His offense also seems to have more complex route and blocking concepts than what I saw on Perry's film.

Nkosi will have 2 years in the system competing with Williams who will have 1 year in the system. Both should be prepared and ready to compete. Who will make the fewest bad decisions in Richt's eyes? Williams does enroll in the spring I believe so they'll be very close to being on a level playing field in the competition in Spring 2019, along with Weldon (I'm also assuming Evan transfers).

Auburn would deserve that ish. I honestly don't know how Malzhan is even remotely on the hot seat at Auburn. Him going to Arkansas would be hilarious.

You didn’t actually believe that report did you?

No. I don't believe he's choosing (or helping) the AD for Arky. But I do believe he's considering them as a potential destination. Malzhan took the Tigers to a national title game back in 2013 and was the OC for their natty in 2010. For him being on the hot seat presumably every single year has to be wearing his patience thin just a bit.

Advertisement
Back