Jarren Williams update

Ive played football my entire life and I was the captain of every team ive played for. I always kept a good workout regiment. At 29, I still do. I play flag football now as well so good guess.

As well a shape as I keep myself in I never LOOKED big or strong. I didn't get the bulging biceps and tree trunk thighs like some of my friends. I could never bench 400 pounds and squat 500 like a lot of my teammates. but I wrecked their asses on the field, along with a lot of other weight room warrior who LOOKED big and strong. I know so many of them that suffered injuries from the same type of collisions I seen guys half their size hop right up on.

That's my point. This man, Nkosi, in the gym, in his playbook, grinding and working his but off and we've heard absolutely nothing of the contrary to make that point false.

Yet because he DOESNT look big and strong. We think he isn't big and strong. Weight and muscle mass itself doesn't make your body tougher and stronger.

You either have it or you don't.

As long as hes in the gym and in the sand pits grinding. He will be as tough as his body allows just like anyone else.

He doesn't have to be 225 pounds of lean looking muscle just because YOU want/think he should be.

Bro close the year book 😂😂😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
My only cause for pause with Williams is that he never led his team to the state playoffs in his highschool career.....That’s hard to fathom for a major d1 Qb recruit!

Real question is is he going to wear #2 now that Cam is wearing 21 to honor Randy Russell???

Hope so, not trying to see a QB in #15 for a little while.

I saw Perry up close at the bowl game. Was around 185, +10-15 pounds from last Spring. So with off-season S&C, I'd be surprised if he isn't 190-195 190 by now, and at 200 by the Summer. Especially with Williams pushing him. Nice to finally have someone who is prepared to win the job and elevating the focus and performance of everyone else.
Nkosi problem isnt weight its prioritizing football period... he needs to take football serious. Stop chasing round his boys with social crap & girls & focus on the playbook & showing richt hes committed. Thats the one thing that may keep nkosi from being named the starter & the main advantage jarren has over him. Jarren still hangs out h has fun obviously. Hes a college kid living his life as he should. But when its time to grind he grinds. He focuses & he works at something till hes got it. Ive really been impressed with his work ethic. He may not be this years starter. But cade will eventually transfer out & this job will be his.

Advertisement
Nkosi problem isnt weight its prioritizing football period... he needs to take football serious. Stop chasing round his boys with social crap & girls & focus on the playbook & showing richt hes committed. Thats the one thing that may keep nkosi from being named the starter & the main advantage jarren has over him. Jarren still hangs out h has fun obviously. Hes a college kid living his life as he should. But when its time to grind he grinds. He focuses & he works at something till hes got it. Ive really been impressed with his work ethic. He may not be this years starter. But cade will eventually transfer out & this job will be his.

You're the 2nd person i've heard talk about him not prioritizing football. Offensive leaders better grab him by the throat or something because we can't afford to have another season of Rosier.

You're the 2nd person i've heard talk about him not prioritizing football. Offensive leaders better grab him by the throat or something because we can't afford to have another season of Rosier.
Im sorry brother but if our offensive leaders were capable of that we never wouldve endured malik rosier in the first place...

If Perry or Williams cannot unseat Rosier as the starter it pretty much tells you all you need to know about their talent as QBs.

Advertisement
Great article on Williams. He sounds like the total package. I cannot wait to see him in action on the field!

I REALLY want Perry to step up and win the starting role. He may have just been enjoying himself during a redshirt season where he knew he wasn't going to play, and will get serious now that the starting role is up for grabs. But if he keeps acting like a goof, QB is a spot that is too precious to waste on someone who lacks leadership. We don't need another Kevin Olsen.

Other offensive players don't Debo QBs. The QB is the one who is supposed to lead. Rosier was competing against a true freshmen, a redshirt freshman and a redshirt sophomore from Spring to Fall.

What would've prompted Richards, Herndon, McDermott, Berrios or Walton to take one of the young QBs aside who hadn't thrown a pass and say "get your ****" together? Rosier is the one they've been around longest. In the same recruiting class with Herndon, Walton, McDermott and Berrios. It would be far more likely that they would be trying to make sure he took it as serious as possible.

Veteran guys aren't gonna look at high school film and make the leap that fans make that the highly touted freshman is gonna change the course of the program. Show it in film room and by your habits to win them over. They're not gonna go out of their way to make a young QB work harder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL Jarren is a true freshman. Prime example of CIS logic right here.

Did you watch any of last season's games? Rosier is a warrior and like Kirby Freeman goes into our HoF for beating FSU. But he should be starting at a Sun Belt school.

Just FYI, you a **** lie, Lamar Jackson ran a 4.7 at a combine in high school and you know he way faster than that in college
Maybe a bit faster but I don’t know about way faster. What’s he running a 2.0 flat?

Did you watch any of last season's games? Rosier is a warrior and like Kirby Freeman goes into our HoF for beating FSU. But he should be starting at a Sun Belt school.
No one said Rosier is good. But nobody should be writing off Jarren's talents if he doesn't beat out Rosier this year.

Yet I started varsity sophomore year at strongside defensive end at 170 lbs and was still 1st team all district.

I always had natural brute strength and natural technique.

Youre wrong man. No proof in your claims but im not going to keep debating you. we will agree to disagree
High school you get away with it. Come on man you’re not ever going to see a 170lb DE in college let’s be reasonable here.

Advertisement
Back