Jarren Williams update

Jared Williams can be Jared Williams... whoever he is. Jarren though, we need to be a Deshaun/Lamar clone.

Kidding. I think this kid will be his own unique QB/athlete. He'll be his own Jared Williams

Not being a smarta$$ but whatever he is shows up on tape. The tape never lies.

Advertisement
BINGO!!
Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady, Cam, Watson, Romo, Wentz, the list goes on and on and on of big qb's who have been hurt. It has nothing at all to do with your weight. NADA

That is the worst logic I have ever seen. Players get injured. That is obvious. Being bigger decreases your chances. It doesn't make you invulnerable to injuries.

Stop being childish.

If you disagree with me give a valid argument with proof. Do a study, do some research and show me how and why weight matters when a qb is in the gym and eating right.

Until then you just sound silly.

This is a Board. We are here to debate.

If you scared got to chuuchh.....

Or I can take you..... Cause im already Sunday schoolin yo....

:eek:

How do you expect someone to do a study on this? Take 2 control groups 1 skinny guys and 1 big and then have NFL player start tackling them? You aren't schooling anybody because you are completely wrong. "increases in muscle mass are likely met by increases in the size and strength of the connective tissue." http://www.acsm.org/public-informat...ics/resistance-training-and-injury-prevention There are numerous other ways such as increased bone density https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9927006
How someone actually thinks that adding pounds of muscle isn't going to make you more durable is beyond me. Did you just start watching football last week? Did you play any level of football past flag football? Bigger muscles =more collagen/conective tissue which will decrease your chances of ligament/tendon tears. Being bigger increases bone density plus it allows you to lift more weight which increase bone density even more which lowers your chance of bone injuries. Finally, having more muscle gives more padding to your bones so shots that might fracture a bone usually will be cushioned a bit and may not fracture. Also, if you ever played football you would realize that being the bigger/stronger guy in basically any collision puts you at a huge advantage to not get injured. Obviously there are situations where you will be injured no matter what, but for every other situation being bigger/stronger is going to give you a massive advantage.

Advertisement
Exactly bro. It doesn't matter how thin of a frame you have if you eat enough calories you will grow. The kid has access to a world class nutrition team and isn't utilizing it. This is no knock on Kosi the kid seems to have a great work ethic and is attached to Richts hip during every game, but if he doesn't start eating then he is going to get passed by Jarren.

Lol you people are real life idiots

What was going with Perry when he got on campus? All of these guys are blowing up putting on 15+ pounds in a few months and perry has been there for almost a year and only put on 15 pounds. I understand he probably has a fast metabolism, but he needs to step the **** up in the kitchen.
Perry is most likely the textbook ectomorph. It's a challenge for those types to put on weight but TBH I'm not particularly concerned. If Perry shows that he can identify and hit the open man I will be thrilled. Good QB play will turn this offense into a scoring machine Richt's playcalling notwithstanding.

Perry is most likely the textbook ectomorph. It's a challenge for those types to put on weight but TBH I'm not particularly concerned. If Perry shows that he can identify and hit the open man I will be thrilled. Good QB play will turn this offense into a scoring machine Richt's playcalling notwithstanding.

I agree on all points. He is most certainly an ectomorph, but even so if you eat above your TDEE you will gain weight it just is higher then most other people. I am not that concerned about his weight, but I would like him to add a bit. If he doesn't yet performs well I will still want him to get the starting job.

Advertisement
BINGO!!
Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady, Cam, Watson, Romo, Wentz, the list goes on and on and on of big qb's who have been hurt. It has nothing at all to do with your weight. NADA
Yea tends to happen when you play 16 games depending on who you are talking about above and against grown men

Can’t even compare their size? What the ****...

And just so you know out of the qbs we have had hes more similar to him in terms of play style actually and makes plenty of plays similar to him. Not to mention Williams didn’t play too far from Gainesville Georgia where Watson played at so I’m sure he probably has molded his game after him. Watson ran a 4.66 in the combine and Williams has run a 4.75 and will only get even faster in college. Regardless he has shown the capability to be a runner having close to 600 yards rushing as a senior and over 10 rushing touchdowns. Let me be clear I’m not saying he’s as talented as him but in this film he does remind me quite a bit of Watson.

Just an FYI, no, QBs don't get faster in college.

Advertisement
That is the worst logic I have ever seen. Players get injured. That is obvious. Being bigger decreases your chances. It doesn't make you invulnerable to injuries.
What empirical evidence do you have to support your opinion that being heavier decreases a football player’s chances of being injured? And what is the scientific baseline that you are using? In other words, tell us how much weight a player must gain to become less susceptible to injury. Is it the same amount for every player and every body type and metabolism?

N'Kosi isnt an idiot. He knows he needs to add weight. I dont think you understand how hard it is for some people to gain weight. Ur comment " If you eat you gain weight" is just dumb in my opinion. Hes a naturally skinny/slender guy. Im sure if he could he would magically put on 25 lbs of muscle. With all the training/running its very hard for some kids to add/keep weight on. It's not easy as "eat and youll gain weight" Everyone in the program knows he needs to add some its not rocket science to understand. Its harder than it looks my guy

Which piece of my comment do you disagree with?

Advertisement
Yea tends to happen when you play 16 games depending on who you are talking about above and against grown men

wtf? Those guys didn't get hurt after they played 16 games. That's just dumb. Plus aren't these guys "grown men" too. It does not matter what size you are at qb, the big guys get hurt just like the smaller ones, and that's a fact.

That's retarded. I just showed you "bigger guys" who got hurt playing qb. It doesn't matter what size you are, if you get hit the wrong way you will get injured. FACT!! All those guys are big and they got put out. fooh

Looks like Williams flavor of the day. Before last season Perry was flavor of day and majority of posters thought he would start first game. Coach Richt has stated Rosier is next years starter, as of now. I’m betting he starts against LSU. Too many internet “experts” may think otherwise.

I'd probably agree with this, but we need another QB to take us to the next level. With a top QB we probably would have only lost 1 game last year.

Advertisement
Back