Jarren Williams update

Advertisement
Looks like Williams flavor of the day. Before last season Perry was flavor of day and majority of posters thought he would start first game. Coach Richt has stated Rosier is next years starter, as of now. I’m betting he starts against LSU. Too many internet “experts” may think otherwise.

I won't mince words, Jarren Williams is probably the player I'm most excited about long-term. But I have a hard time seeing Richt start a true freshman over Rosier and Perry (and Weldon). The only true freshman QB to start for Richt at Georgia was Matthew Stafford, if I recall correctly. It's just not likely to happen this year.

Advertisement
I saw Perry up close at the bowl game. Was around 185, +10-15 pounds from last Spring. So with off-season S&C, I'd be surprised if he isn't 190-195 190 by now, and at 200 by the Summer. Especially with Williams pushing him. Nice to finally have someone who is prepared to win the job and elevating the focus and performance of everyone else.

Advertisement
Let's Jared Williams be Jared Williams and not somebody else.he has three years here to write his resume.be quiet and enjoy the writing.

Jared Williams can be Jared Williams... whoever he is. Jarren though, we need to be a Deshaun/Lamar clone.

Kidding. I think this kid will be his own unique QB/athlete. He'll be his own Jared Williams

Advertisement
What was going with Perry when he got on campus? All of these guys are blowing up putting on 15+ pounds in a few months and perry has been there for almost a year and only put on 15 pounds. I understand he probably has a fast metabolism, but he needs to step the **** up in the kitchen.

Different body type would be my guess. Perry is sinewy. He is not a thicker guy like either Williams or Weldon. Some guys just struggle to add weight. As long as he can withstand contact, whatever he weighs won't concern me.

Different body type would be my guess. Perry is sinewy. He is not a thicker guy like either Williams or Weldon. Some guys just struggle to add weight. As long as he can withstand contact, whatever he weighs won't concern me.

I agree about both your statements, but the thing is 15 pounds is not much even for someone like him. The kid needs to eat more.

I won't mince words, Jarren Williams is probably the player I'm most excited about long-term. But I have a hard time seeing Richt start a true freshman over Rosier and Perry (and Weldon). The only true freshman QB to start for Richt at Georgia was Matthew Stafford, if I recall correctly. It's just not likely to happen this year.

Rosier will start LSU and get butt****ed by their D. But we’ll still win because of their pathetic O’s ( Offense and Orgeron!). Hopefully we see Perry or williams in that game!

Advertisement
Looks like Cade Weldon might have a serious challenger for the starting job!

What was going with Perry when he got on campus? All of these guys are blowing up putting on 15+ pounds in a few months and perry has been there for almost a year and only put on 15 pounds. I understand he probably has a fast metabolism, but he needs to step the **** up in the kitchen.
Yea man I understand having a thin frame but it's been a year now ... You gotta get literally hungry and grab the mfcking job man

Not to mention Williams didn’t play too far from Gainesville Georgia where Watson played at so I’m sure he probably has molded his game after him.

Just to be clear, you think Williams molded his game after Watson because they played within close proximity of each other??? That might be some of the dumbest sh it I've seen you post Brock. I don't understand the logic, but I'm sure Paranos gets it. He uses the same thought process sometimes.

Advertisement
Back