Jarren Williams update

Not to mention Williams didn’t play too far from Gainesville Georgia where Watson played at so I’m sure he probably has molded his game after him.

Just to be clear, you think Williams molded his game after Watson because they played within close proximity of each other??? That might be some of the dumbest sh it I've seen you post Brock. I don't understand the logic, but I'm sure Paranos gets it. He uses the same thought process sometimes.

Advertisement
Yea man I understand having a thin frame but it's been a year now ... You gotta get literally hungry and grab the mfcking job man

Exactly bro. It doesn't matter how thin of a frame you have if you eat enough calories you will grow. The kid has access to a world class nutrition team and isn't utilizing it. This is no knock on Kosi the kid seems to have a great work ethic and is attached to Richts hip during every game, but if he doesn't start eating then he is going to get passed by Jarren.

Are we acting like eating more is equal to wanting the job more lol the internet coRches on this board are hilarious.

Lamar Jackson is only 200lbs going to the NFL. Perry has a similar build. He can't gain 50 lbs in a year, Williams can gain 50 lbs in a week two different physiques and it means nothing.

Just to be clear, you think Williams molded his game after Watson because they played within close proximity of each other??? That might be some of the dumbest sh it I've seen you post Brock. I don't understand the logic, but I'm sure Paranos gets it. He uses the same thought process sometimes.
Quit being dumb, you don’t think a qb as dynamic as Watson was wouldn’t have influence on a qb who lives not far from him?

Advertisement
Are we acting like eating more is equal to wanting the job more lol the internet coRches on this board are hilarious.

Lamar Jackson is only 200lbs going to the NFL. Perry has a similar build. He can't gain 50 lbs in a year, Williams can gain 50 lbs in a week two different physiques and it means nothing.
Jackson is actually 216 entering the nfl

I'm not saying Williams WILL win the job, but I believe he is coming in far better prepared than what Perry came in as. Also, coming in early is huge, and will give him a chance to catch up in a major way. It will be a good battle. I expect him to start the spring as the #4 QB. I expect him to end the spring at #4, but having made up virtually all ground on the guys in front of him. Summer and fall he can make a serious push because he will know the system, and will bust his tail, unlike our current starter who was just happy to be going through the motions.

Kid was just in high school

Its really not that dumb at all. Brock is actually right...

Advertisement
This thread shows how bored we are this time of year.

Everyone *****ing and moaning if Perry doesn't hit 200 he will break!

Weight doesn't matter at QB as much as you all are making it out to.
If anything it’s showing that’s he’s adapting to the weight training program as have the other freshman we have

No sources here or inside info, but I truly believe this kid will be our starting QB game 1. He’s a baller and since he’s here in the spring I think it gives him enough time to beat everyone out by the end of the summer

Man, if he's the starter going into fall camp that means he shredded the first team defense. So I guess it depends on how you look at it!
that's both scary and promising at the same time.. Should be a really good comp this spring!

Advertisement
Just not a good comparison as to QB type IMO. He's got running ability, but he's not near the dynamic runner of Watson.

Just seems like it's building him up just to bash him later when he's not Lamar Jackson running the ball.

Watson is nowhere near a " dynamic " runner, I don't know where that came from. He's a good athlete that moves the chains and breaks your back on third down.

He's not a Lamar or Vick, who was dynamic.

Watson is nowhere near a " dynamic " runner, I don't know where that came from. He's a good athlete that moves the chains and breaks your back on third down.

He's not a Lamar or Vick, who was dynamic.

Lamar and Vick are otherworldly. Using the Lamar Jackson reference was hyperbole. That does not mean that Watson isn't a dynamic runner in his own right. Dude rushed for over 1,100 yards during his 2015 season at Clemson. He rushed for over 4,000 yards during his HS career.

Any QB running for over 1,000 yards at the P5 college level is a dynamic runner.

Any QB running 50 yards for a TD through traffic and outrunning defenders at the NFL level is a dynamic runner. See video

I'm super excited about what Jarren Williams can do for us. I think he can be an amazing QB and has some solid running ability. I think he can "move the chains and break[] your back on third down", but **** I just see the setup happening here where message board echo chamber is beginning to convince itself that Jarren Williams is some sort of Deshaun Watson clone. He is not the same caliber runner, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Advertisement
Looks like Williams flavor of the day. Before last season Perry was flavor of day and majority of posters thought he would start first game. Coach Richt has stated Rosier is next years starter, as of now. I’m betting he starts against LSU. Too many internet “experts” may think otherwise.

I can promise you from very good sources that internally everyone is hoping Perry or Williams can beat out Rosier going into next season. People within the program have told me personally that there is not a lot of confidence that Rosier is capable of taking us to the next level next season. Richt is an old school coach and will play it close to the vest but if Perry is able to handle blitzes and pressure in practice better (the major knock iv heard on him) I think he will win the job

Advertisement
Back