Jarren Williams update

Lamar and Vick are otherworldly. Using the Lamar Jackson reference was hyperbole. That does not mean that Watson isn't a dynamic runner in his own right. Dude rushed for over 1,100 yards during his 2015 season at Clemson. He rushed for over 4,000 yards during his HS career.

Any QB running for over 1,000 yards at the P5 college level is a dynamic runner.

Any QB running 50 yards for a TD through traffic and outrunning defenders at the NFL level is a dynamic runner. See video

I'm super excited about what Jarren Williams can do for us. I think he can be an amazing QB and has some solid running ability. I think he can "move the chains and break[] your back on third down", but **** I just see the setup happening here where message board echo chamber is beginning to convince itself that Jarren Williams is some sort of Deshaun Watson clone. He is not the same caliber runner, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Running for a lot of yards doesn't mean you're a great runner. Dude was an above average athlete by the numbers . So athletically the comparison is fair between the two.

Nobody is saying they're clones smart guy, but their games are comparable. Doesn't mean they'll have the same careers.

But I'll let you get back to being " that guy".

Advertisement
Running for a lot of yards doesn't mean you're a great runner. Dude was an above average athlete by the numbers . So athletically the comparison is fair between the two.

Nobody is saying they're clones smart guy, but their games are comparable. Doesn't mean they'll have the same careers.

But I'll let you get back to being " that guy".

"That guy" with a differing opinion. I'll take it. Thanks!

Are we acting like eating more is equal to wanting the job more lol the internet coRches on this board are hilarious.

Lamar Jackson is only 200lbs going to the NFL. Perry has a similar build. He can't gain 50 lbs in a year, Williams can gain 50 lbs in a week two different physiques and it means nothing.

There are idiots in here who say the kid isn't taking advantage of the nutrition program because he isn't gaining weight at the pace THEY WANT him too.

You cant make this shid up.

Advertisement
Because they're stupid cack suckers that don't want any positivity. They're being " that guy"." I'm the realistic fan, I'm so unbiased, how dare you be excited about a recruit".

You're acting like a child. Straight to personal attacks because you're offended that someone dares have a slightly differing opinion from your own. Someone can disagree with the comparison as to what type of QB Jarren is while still being fully sold on his talent. I don't see him as a Deshaun Watson type. I'm sorry if that offends you.

I've maintained nothing but optimism and excitement for Jarren as a QB. I don't think he's going to run all over college football. I don't think he'll have a 1,000 yard rushing season in college. I don't think he's as talented of a runner as Watson. I think he has all the potential in the world to be a great QB and possibly even steal the job as a true freshman.

Stop hiding behind the "I support my team and am a better fan than you" BS and just accept that.

What's funny is we're probably pretty close in how we see Jarren. But, hey, I pointed out that I didn't like a particular comparison, so by all means, gather up the village folk with their pitchforks...

You're acting like a child. Straight to personal attacks because you're offended that someone dares have a slightly differing opinion from your own. Someone can disagree with the comparison as to what type of QB Jarren is while still being fully sold on his talent. I don't see him as a Deshaun Watson type. I'm sorry if that offends you.

I've maintained nothing but optimism and excitement for Jarren as a QB. I don't think he's going to run all over college football. I don't think he'll have a 1,000 yard rushing season in college. I don't think he's as talented of a runner as Watson. I think he has all the potential in the world to be a great QB and possibly even steal the job as a true freshman.

Stop hiding behind the "I support my team and am a better fan than you" BS and just accept that.

What's funny is we're probably pretty close in how we see Jarren. But, hey, I pointed out that I didn't like a particular comparison, so by all means, gather up the village folk with their pitchforks...

"Acting like a child" because I said "you're that guy".

You're the dummy saying Watson is a speed demon when Williams was faster coming out of hs. Pretty sure Watsons time was 4.89 at same point.

Maybe oh maybe you're the one who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground.

Watson and Williams are compariable prospects with close to same skill set. Which is why there's comparisons , doesn't mean they'll have close to the same careers.

But go on with your stupid take of " you idiots are saying Williams will be Watson".

Get a grip Nancy, nobody is saying thst.

"Acting like a child" because I said "you're that guy".

You're the dummy saying Watson is a speed demon when Williams was faster coming out of hs. Pretty sure Watsons time was 4.89 at same point.

Maybe oh maybe you're the one who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground.

Watson and Williams are compariable prospects with close to same skill set.

But go on with your stupid take of " you idiots are saying Williams will be Watson".

Get a grip Nancy, nobody is saying that. Now go create more stupid debates tvags not being made by anybody.

Your mom needs to revisit the parental controls on your computer

Advertisement
THIS!!! Weight is not a concern.
Dude buddy got fcking shook after taking hits man he had a noodle arm on a couple drives after getting lit up against us .. Weight does matter man .. We aren't asking kosi to beef up to 230 .. Somewhere to 190-200 is reasonable

Dude buddy got fcking shook after taking hits man he had a noodle arm on a couple drives after getting lit up against us .. Weight does matter man .. We aren't asking kosi to beef up to 230 .. Somewhere to 190-200 is reasonable
I thought Perry arrived at campus 185 or so? he shouldn’t be that size nearly 10 months later and theoretically should have put on some type of weight. If he’s 195 or a bit bigger that will work at 6’4. **** FSU qb was 169 pounds last year and started all of the season. Francois in 2016 was 205 and was arguably the toughest qb ive ever seen in terms of taking hits and getting back up.

Last edited:

Weight does not matter. Strength, flexibility, endurance and durability matter and weight has nothing to do with it.

If you have brittle bones you're going to have them at 230 or 130 pounds.

FSU QB had a noodle arm because of technique and mechanics not because of his weight. His mechanics got bad after the hits and he stopped stepping into his throws.

That is a mentality and can happen to any QB NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY WEIGH.

Come tf on, yall.

I thought Perry arrived at campus 185 or so? he shouldn’t be that size nearly 10 months later and theoretically should have put on some type of weight. If he’s 195 or a bit bigger that will work at 6’4. **** FSU qb was 169 pounds last year and started all of the season. Francois in 2016 was 205 and was arguably the toughest ab ive ever seen in terms of taking hits and getting back up.
Blackman didn't really do anything special and yea 205 not a bad weight and also Francois has a stockier build compared to perry .. But with perry's frame 190-205ish should be good I just don't him to be rattled or just develop bad habits because I think Even though he started him getting rag dolled will hinder him by being shaky in the pocket or straying away from mechanics

Advertisement
Weight does not matter. Strength, flexibility, endurance and durability matter and weight has nothing to do with it.

FSU QB had a noodle arm because of technique and mechanics not because of his weight. His mechanics got bad after the hits and he stopped stepping into his throws.

Come tf on, yall.
Why would he have brittle bones lol does he a have a bone marrow deficiency ? Weight does matter these aren't make a wish children

Come tf on, yall.

BINGO!!
Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady, Cam, Watson, Romo, Wentz, the list goes on and on and on of big qb's who have been hurt. It has nothing at all to do with your weight. NADA

Why would he have brittle bones lol does he a have a bone marrow deficiency ? Weight does matter these aren't make a wish children

Some people just have weaker bones, ligaments and tendons. Sometimes its nutrition/health and other times its genetics.

Getting more meat and stretching your skin with extra weight does absolutely nothing for your durability and you couldn't actually show me a correlation in weight and performance/durability amongst players playing the same position at the same talent level.

You cant. So your argument is invalid and silly.

Advertisement
I don’t have any concerns with Perry playing at 195 or so. I like the idea of Williams running against a D at 225, as I think he’d be more willing to absorb the hits than a guy 30 pounds lighter. However, when it comes to standing in the pocket, reading a D and delivering the ball, Perry can easily do that at his weight. Not concerned at all about him needing to add weight to do that. Also, I don’t think Richt will have him running unless it’s wide open. That he can do as well as anyone. He’s never going to be asked to plow throughly people, but maybe run around or by them. Not worried at all.

Some people just have weaker bones, ligaments and tendons. Sometimes its nutrition/health and other times its genetics.

Getting more meat and stretching your skin with extra weight does absolutely nothing for your durability and you couldn't actually show me a correlation in weight and performance/durability amongst players playing the same position at the same talent level.

You cant. So your argument is invalid and silly.
Sick bro I'm silly and invalid because I don't agree with you

Sick bro I'm silly and invalid because I don't agree with you

Stop being childish.

If you disagree with me give a valid argument with proof. Do a study, do some research and show me how and why weight matters when a qb is in the gym and eating right.

Until then you just sound silly.

This is a Board. We are here to debate.

If you scared got to chuuchh.....

Or I can take you..... Cause im already Sunday schoolin yo....

:eek:

Stop being childish.

If you disagree with me give a valid argument with proof. Do a study, do some research and show me how and why weight matters when a qb is in the gym and eating right.

Until then you just sound silly.

This is a Board. We are here to debate.

If you scared got to chuuchh.....

Or I can take you..... Cause im already Sunday schoolin yo....

:eek:
I'm just telling You with experience I played at Ucf lol ... Yea bro you really got me with the case study .. Yea we can debate in not calling you childish about your point of view homeboy

Advertisement
Back