Jarren Williams update

Advertisement
Its cool bruh. He just doesnt realize i know these dudes. @Canes82 my nephew is on the team. Hes jarrens roommate. And jarren is at my house every weekend now. Good kid. As brock said i was very skeptical on him before. Not because of apparent talent but because of lack of results & lack of competition (or maybe a better term would be over hyped )at the high school level. Jarren would tell you himself cade & sunshine were by far the two best qbs at the time atleast in georgia. Jarren & emory jones came up behind them. I appreciate the skepticism though & can understand being gaurded. Enjoy spring.

Good stuff. Appreciate the response.

We seem to have an uncanny knack for signing QBs who don’t want to grind.

Not just QBs...we have a ton of guys that come here and think they have it made. The culture is a real issue and the coaches are the ones that need to set the tone.

When was the last time we had a real vocal leader on the team?

Slightly off topic, but look at all the UM men’s teams. Basketball, baseball, Football. All teams have a **** load of talent. But constantly underachieve. No accountability across the board.

If Kosi doesn’t want to seize the opp and Weldon wants to continue to smoke pot.. then Williams will take their lunch money and they will transfer out. It

Advertisement
You guys gotta stop judging kids by their social media activity. That’s just not smart in 2018.

This!!! ALL these kids are what we would consider to be overly active on social media. It does NOT mean that they aren't "grinding" at all. I don't want to hear anything about a kid looking happy and posting pictures with his friends, wtf? I'll wait and see how they actually perform this spring and fall. From that and that alone will I judge who's grinding or not grinding.

Advertisement
If Perry or Williams cannot unseat Rosier as the starter it pretty much tells you all you need to know about their talent as QBs.
Not so much talent it's pretty much desire to want the starting job man .. You gotta grab it man .. If perry is not on Rosier's heels by fall camp there will be some serious red flags

That confirms my original thought. If someone is as dedicated as a lot of us though Kosi was it would be impossible for him to be gaining weight that slow. I agree weight isn't the issue, but if he was really that dedicated he would be eating enough to put on muscle.
Hey bro what do we know ? ... It's just an easy correlation to make its more than weight being the issue

What empirical evidence do you have to support your opinion that being heavier decreases a football player’s chances of being injured? And what is the scientific baseline that you are using? In other words, tell us how much weight a player must gain to become less susceptible to injury. Is it the same amount for every player and every body type and metabolism?

Lamar Jackson was never injured.

Amazing ain't it?

Advertisement
Gotta gain weight. Adding weight prevents injury. Heavy, well-developed players never tear up their knees or shoulders or break anything.

Jarred Lorenzen was never injured either , so Kosi obviously needs to gain 200 pounds to be fully safe

Advertisement
Gotta gain weight. Adding weight prevents injury. Heavy, well-developed players never tear up their knees or shoulders or break anything.

Richard Sherman got injured and hes real skinny so I guess being skinny doesnt prevent injuries either way. You are an absolute moron if you think that is good logic. No one says heavy players will never get injured. Just that being bigger LOWERS YOUR CHANCES of getting injured. Which is a proven fact that I posted numerous times. Maybe in your flag football league(which is the highest level of competition you clearly played) being bigger won't help, but in real football it will lower your chances of injuries.

Advertisement
Back