Jarren Williams update

Advertisement
wtf? Those guys didn't get hurt after they played 16 games. That's just dumb. Plus aren't these guys "grown men" too. It does not matter what size you are at qb, the big guys get hurt just like the smaller ones, and that's a fact.
Bro wtf if anything Big Ben has taken shots and stayed in games because of his size .. You're also going to get hurt when you just get ****ed on by your o line

See the fsu qb situation for another example. The Frenchman is way bigger than the kid that played the WHOLE season at 50lbs. What's the excuse for that one?......................................

See the fsu qb situation for another example. The Frenchman is way bigger than the kid that played the WHOLE season at 50lbs. What's the excuse for that one?......................................
A knee tear ? Where it's just an unlucky thing lol .. Yea man you're right lets scrap the whole s & c program because weight doesn't matter

Advertisement
I really appreciate what Richt has done with our QB recruiting. He’s created a competitive environment for the starting QB at UM. This only puts pressure on Rosier, Weldon, and Perry to work harder. Love it!

How do you expect someone to do a study on this? Take 2 control groups 1 skinny guys and 1 big and then have NFL player start tackling them? You aren't schooling anybody because you are completely wrong. "increases in muscle mass are likely met by increases in the size and strength of the connective tissue." http://www.acsm.org/public-informat...ics/resistance-training-and-injury-prevention There are numerous other ways such as increased bone density https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9927006
How someone actually thinks that adding pounds of muscle isn't going to make you more durable is beyond me. Did you just start watching football last week? Did you play any level of football past flag football? Bigger muscles =more collagen/conective tissue which will decrease your chances of ligament/tendon tears. Being bigger increases bone density plus it allows you to lift more weight which increase bone density even more which lowers your chance of bone injuries. Finally, having more muscle gives more padding to your bones so shots that might fracture a bone usually will be cushioned a bit and may not fracture. Also, if you ever played football you would realize that being the bigger/stronger guy in basically any collision puts you at a huge advantage to not get injured. Obviously there are situations where you will be injured no matter what, but for every other situation being bigger/stronger is going to give you a massive advantage.

Ive played football my entire life and I was the captain of every team ive played for. I always kept a good workout regiment. At 29, I still do. I play flag football now as well so good guess.

As well a shape as I keep myself in I never LOOKED big or strong. I didn't get the bulging biceps and tree trunk thighs like some of my friends. I could never bench 400 pounds and squat 500 like a lot of my teammates. but I wrecked their asses on the field, along with a lot of other weight room warrior who LOOKED big and strong. I know so many of them that suffered injuries from the same type of collisions I seen guys half their size hop right up on.

That's my point. This man, Nkosi, in the gym, in his playbook, grinding and working his but off and we've heard absolutely nothing of the contrary to make that point false.

Yet because he DOESNT look big and strong. We think he isn't big and strong. Weight and muscle mass itself doesn't make your body tougher and stronger.

You either have it or you don't.

As long as hes in the gym and in the sand pits grinding. He will be as tough as his body allows just like anyone else.

He doesn't have to be 225 pounds of lean looking muscle just because YOU want/think he should be.

Advertisement
Ive played football my entire life and I was the captain of every team ive played for. I always kept a good workout regiment. At 29, I still do. I play flag football now as well so good guess.

As well a shape as I keep myself in I never LOOKED big or strong. I didn't get the bulging biceps and tree trunk thighs like some of my friends. I could never bench 400 pounds and squat 500 like a lot of my teammates. but I wrecked their asses on the field, along with a lot of other weight room warrior who LOOKED big and strong. I know so many of them that suffered injuries from the same type of collisions I seen guys half their size hop right up on.

That's my point. This man, Nkosi, in the gym, in his playbook, grinding and working his but off and we've heard absolutely nothing of the contrary to make that point false.

Yet because he DOESNT look big and strong. We think he isn't big and strong. Weight and muscle mass itself doesn't make your body tougher and stronger.

As long as hes in the gym and in the sand pits grinding. He will be as tough as his body allows just like anyone else.

He doesn't have to be 225 pounds of lean looking muscle just because YOU want/think he should be.

Nobody cares, nerd.

Most people want the best guy to win, **** a " flavor of the week". Majority of the fans don't care about that nonsense.

Williams is a nice prospect , just like Kosi, and don't sleep on Weldon.

The qb position is in the best shape of the last decade. I'm just happy we have some pretty **** good talent at that spot.

Btw, some of you need to quit tripping over 5-10 pounds, you look silly.

What empirical evidence do you have to support your opinion that being heavier decreases a football player’s chances of being injured? And what is the scientific baseline that you are using? In other words, tell us how much weight a player must gain to become less susceptible to injury. Is it the same amount for every player and every body type and metabolism?

Every ounce of muscle decreases your chances of getting injured in the majority of collisions. My baseline is increases in thickness of collagen/connective tissue as well as increase in bone density. Also, look at the fact that every single D1 coach disagrees with you. This isnt even worth discussing. Usually you are a great poster and I agree with most of your points, but you are straight wrong in this situation. I agree with you that he can start even at his current weight and he doesn't need to gain a certain amount of weight by a certain time frame, but to say increase in muscle isnt going to decrease chances of injury is foolish. How often do you see bigger players injured by smaller players in uncompromised positions compared to vice versa?

Advertisement
N'Kosi isnt an idiot. He knows he needs to add weight. I dont think you understand how hard it is for some people to gain weight. Ur comment " If you eat you gain weight" is just dumb in my opinion. Hes a naturally skinny/slender guy. Im sure if he could he would magically put on 25 lbs of muscle. With all the training/running its very hard for some kids to add/keep weight on. It's not easy as "eat and youll gain weight" Everyone in the program knows he needs to add some its not rocket science to understand. Its harder than it looks my guy

As long as you eat above your TDEE you will gain weight it is scientifically proven. I know it is hard, but he is a D1 athlete he needs to toughen up and keep eating.

You are completely wrong. Some small people are stronger then some big people obviously, but if those small guys got bigger they would be even more durable. That is a fact and you can't dispute that. You didnt have big legs because you weren't strong. Sub 500 squats are not impressive. Being bigger makes you stronger that is an absolute fact. Small people can outlift bigger people, but if that small guys puts on muscle he will be stronger. In addition most NFL players don't look like bodybuilders because that is not beneficial for NFL players, but getting more massive and stronger is beneficial.

You are completely wrong. Some small people are stronger then some big people obviously, but if those small guys got bigger they would be even more durable. That is a fact and you can't dispute that. You didnt have big legs because you weren't strong. Sub 500 squats are not impressive. Being bigger makes you stronger that is an absolute fact. Small people can outlift bigger people, but if that small guys puts on muscle he will be stronger. In addition most NFL players don't look like bodybuilders because that is not beneficial for NFL players, but getting more massive and stronger is beneficial.

Yet I started varsity sophomore year at strongside defensive end at 170 lbs and was still 1st team all district.

I always had natural brute strength and natural technique.

Youre wrong man. No proof in your claims but im not going to keep debating you. we will agree to disagree

Advertisement
Yet I started varsity sophomore year at strongside defensive end at 170 lbs and was still 1st team all district.

I always had natural brute strength and natural technique.

Youre wrong man. No proof in your claims but im not going to keep debating you. we will agree to disagree

I am sure you where strong enough to start on a HS team. That is great. I am sure you are a very natural strong person. That however doesn't prove your point. I literally posted studies that increase muscle increases connective tissue thickness and bone density. That is a fact and that is going to decrease the chances of injury. I don't even understand how you can debate that. Some small people are stronger then big people, but guess what the strongest people in the world are all huge.

I am sure you where strong enough to start on a HS team. That is great. I am sure you are a very natural strong person. That however doesn't prove your point. I literally posted studies that increase muscle increases connective tissue thickness and bone density. That is a fact and that is going to decrease the chances of injury. I don't even understand how you can debate that. Some small people are stronger then big people, but guess what the strongest people in the world are all huge.

More people suffer ligament injuries than bone injuries in football.

Whens the last time you saw a wiry or skinny player get hit so hard they broke a bone?

Don't worry. ill wait.

Matter of fact. I wont.

Again, agree to disagree.

More people suffer ligament injuries than bone injuries in football.

Whens the last time you saw a wiry or skinny player get hit so hard they broke a bone?

Don't worry. ill wait.

Matter of fact. I wont.

Again, agree to disagree.

Connective tissue thickness would decrease your chance of a ligament injuries. When was the last time you saw a skinny player get hit? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3465203

Advertisement
Back