Jarren Williams update

I dont know why i thought that on the records but far as those stats go my point was his region is crap & those teams are the strength of that region. When they played a few games in region 8 he struggled. But agree the defense was horrible.

The exact same criticisms you give of Jarren and his HS schedule could be said of Jake Frohm. It's actually incredible how similar they were in HS, and the traits they seem to have as QBs.

Plus, again, I'm not sure what your agenda is here. You've been hyping Taisun hard. If you call Jarren's schedule weak what do you call the schedue Taisun plays against. He literally plays against elite, New England prp schools known almost exclusively for lacrosse. Only a troll would argue thats harder than what Jarren played.

Jarren impressed at literally every setting: the Opening, camps, games, AA Bowl. There's got to be something to that. I knew kids like Olsen and Allison couldn't cut it when they struggled in all-star games, by comparison.

I think everyone should be incredibly excited about Jarren. He's consistent, a hard worker, and a leader. I predict he'll win the job in the Fall, or take it if Rosier struggles vs LSU.

Advertisement
but i was told that since perry was black and somewhat mobile and he was from florida was da gawwwwwwwww just start him as a true freshman right?
Do you feel better? Let me guess, every morning when you unfortunately wake up, you look in the mirror and remind yourself that "1 racist comment a day will keep the blacks away"

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am still here!

The exact same criticisms you give of Jarren and his HS schedule could be said of Jake Frohm. It's actually incredible how similar they were in HS, and the traits they seem to have as QBs.

Plus, again, I'm not sure what your agenda is here. You've been hyping Taisun hard. If you call Jarren's schedule weak what do you call the schedue Taisun plays against. He literally plays against elite, New England prp schools known almost exclusively for lacrosse. Only a troll would argue thats harder than what Jarren played.

Jarren impressed at literally every setting: the Opening, camps, games, AA Bowl. There's got to be something to that. I knew kids like Olsen and Allison couldn't cut it when they struggled in all-star games, by comparison.

I think everyone should be incredibly excited about Jarren. He's consistent, a hard worker, and a leader. I predict he'll win the job in the Fall, or take it if Rosier struggles vs LSU.

You think Rosier will be on that short of a leash?

No way he starts and gets pulled after bad play in the opening game against an SEC opponent.

If it’s close, Richt has to go with Williams. If Rosier wins the starting job...he’s got at least three games to “***c up” before he’s pulled, IMO.

You think Rosier will be on that short of a leash?

No way he starts and gets pulled after bad play in the opening game against an SEC opponent.

If it’s close, Richt has to go with Williams. If Rosier wins the starting job...he’s got at least three games to “***c up” before he’s pulled, IMO.

I mean Richt pulled Rosier vs Pitt even when his only other option was a walk-on level QB.

I don't think there's any doubt Rosier will have a short leash. You have other options with more talent now. I think its just a question of who will get the ball next

Advertisement

Not everything is a competition. One thing can be seperate from the other. I personally dont know about frohm in high school so ill stop any discussion from my end there. #2 just like dade county football, georgia,texas etc shouldnt be in the same discussion as conneticut football... its reallybtiring that no one on here simply uses context or processes things before they talk about them. Also i dont even discuss tai anymore and havent for awhile (except one comment)unless people ask me about him. Tai will prove himself and than u can form whatever dialogue you want from there. The agenda crap is pointless. My agenda is i want any qb under center able to be competent enough the second he becomes qb1 to use every weapon in our ****nal to the best of their capabilities. To this second even still in practice the most common throw called for malik is still a bubble screen or a variant of it. Guess what,he still struggles to complete it... so to be clear for all of yall thats my agenda. As @franchise would tell you it was my same agenda last year. I cant handle anymore of malik at qb1... just cant. Sorry for any who habe an issue with it butvwere all entitled to our own views. Thanks for respecting that. Im not gonna get into the jarren talk right now either but ill just leave it at he didn't kill it in the opening or army prep either. Im not gonna bash him,nkosi or cade cause im desperate (my sanity depends on it)for one of them to win the job. Lets support all of them and see how this works out. Cause i will tell you anything you hear right now from any member of staff is simply lip service. It doesnt necessarily portray the most accurate picture unless ur really disecting whats being said. Like the whole malik as a 5th year senior is ahead of the others in making the right reads & knowing what to do... that has zero to do with him physically doing it though.

My agenda is i want any qb under center able to be competent enough the second he becomes qb1 to use every weapon in our ****nal to the best of their capabilities. To this second even still in practice the most common throw called for malik is still a bubble screen or a variant of it. Guess what,he still struggles to complete it... so to be clear for all of yall thats my agenda. As @franchise would tell you it was my same agenda last year. I cant handle anymore of malik at qb1... just cant..

I'm right there with you. I would add that Malik got worse in the second half, partly because the competition was better, but I think a big reason is opposing DCs now have enough tape on him to know how limited he is. He uses a third of the available field at best, and does so poorly, and opponents know this. So even if he marginally improves athletically, Rosier's numbers will get worse, not better.

Richt's got to go with Perry or Williams. He really has no option. I'm hoping one of them will emerge as they get more first team reps and game experience. But even if flawed, they'll be better for the team than with Malik at the helm.

Not everything is a competition. One thing can be seperate from the other. I personally dont know about frohm in high school so ill stop any discussion from my end there. #2 just like dade county football, georgia,texas etc shouldnt be in the same discussion as conneticut football... its reallybtiring that no one on here simply uses context or processes things before they talk about them. Also i dont even discuss tai anymore and havent for awhile (except one comment)unless people ask me about him. Tai will prove himself and than u can form whatever dialogue you want from there. The agenda crap is pointless. My agenda is i want any qb under center able to be competent enough the second he becomes qb1 to use every weapon in our ****nal to the best of their capabilities. To this second even still in practice the most common throw called for malik is still a bubble screen or a variant of it. Guess what,he still struggles to complete it... so to be clear for all of yall thats my agenda. As @franchise would tell you it was my same agenda last year. I cant handle anymore of malik at qb1... just cant. Sorry for any who habe an issue with it butvwere all entitled to our own views. Thanks for respecting that. Im not gonna get into the jarren talk right now either but ill just leave it at he didn't kill it in the opening or army prep either. Im not gonna bash him,nkosi or cade cause im desperate (my sanity depends on it)for one of them to win the job. Lets support all of them and see how this works out. Cause i will tell you anything you hear right now from any member of staff is simply lip service. It doesnt necessarily portray the most accurate picture unless ur really disecting whats being said. Like the whole malik as a 5th year senior is ahead of the others in making the right reads & knowing what to do... that has zero to do with him physically doing it though.

Thank u for saying lip service b/c when I said I hate coaches talk b/c it’s disingenuous and nothing more than lip service, some porsters gave me the “thumb.” Fact is, somewhere Richt is upset and disappointed that Perry hasn’t made more strides. I’m w u, Dee, I can’t bare another Rosier led team. So many missed opportunities are caused by him, and the def we go against are not being held honest, b/c no one believes in his arm.

I will always thank him for his come backs, but on the real, looking back at those games, we were put in some precarious situations by his inaccuracies and inability to sustain drives.

We need a smart QB that knows how to read def, make the right throw (even if that means to incomplete a pass to save a sack or int). We need a leader at the position. No more, ‘awwww shucks, coach,’ type of QBs.

Advertisement
Can’t even compare their size? What the ****...

And just so you know out of the qbs we have had hes more similar to him in terms of play style actually and makes plenty of plays similar to him. Not to mention Williams didn’t play too far from Gainesville Georgia where Watson played at so I’m sure he probably has molded his game after him. Watson ran a 4.66 in the combine and Williams has run a 4.75 and will only get even faster in college. Regardless he has shown the capability to be a runner having close to 600 yards rushing as a senior and over 10 rushing touchdowns. Let me be clear I’m not saying he’s as talented as him but in this film he does remind me quite a bit of Watson.

Got to bump this again, his film is really good

Got to bump this again, his film is really good
I see things in his film that Rosier can't do. It's just a matter of time, really, before he is the starter. As soon as he gets it right between the ears, and there's plenty of time for that between now and September, he will be the starter. He has all the tools to make this O run the way it should. Rosier does not. Yeah, Rosier can answer every question on a written test, but he can't apply that knowledge on game day. In my opinion, that's the only time it matters.

If one of the freshman doesn't earn it by the end of the spring, it's not the end of the world. This competition will last well into the summer. After Spring they'll get a break and come summer we'll see who really put their nose into the playbook/film study and got extra reps in with the WRs to develop their timing, and who didn't. Whos ready to ******* earn the job. One of the 3 freshman better step the **** up. And don't count out Weldon yet. He could have a big summer camp for all we know. The defense respects Weldon for a reason, he's not out of the competition yet.

This might be a Alabama/Hurts situation (from his freshman year).

Saban pretty much knew the job was his.... but he gave the other dude the start against USCw and let him essentially hang himself through poor play their first few drives before giving Hurts the reigns permanently.

Advertisement

Saban pretty much knew the job was his.... but he gave the other dude the start against USCw and let him essentially hang himself through poor play their first few drives before giving Hurts the reigns permanently.
Yeah I mean week 5 is when we need to have one of the freshman starting by imo. Week 1 matters for us to have the shot to make the CFP. But it doesn't matter much for our ACC hopes. And then the next 3 weeks are easy games.

If Jarren gets eliminated from the QB competition it makes it pretty simple. Hed get a redshirt, then Nkosi and Weldon can get heavy reps weeks 2-4 vs the crap teams .... even if Rosier did start week 1. Week 5 is the final point where we need one of the freshman to step up by. But hopefully it wont even take that long. Ideally one of them would separate by the end of spring - which would probably make Rosier transfer out or something.

Irregardles of who starts or doesn’t for us, there is no way Saban starts somebody, so he can then ***** up and not have to play him any more. No fūcking way. Saban starts who he wants, when he wants, how he wants, without playing those games. Why on earth would Saban need the kid to “hang himself”? Why would Saban give a ****?

No. That’s the guy Saban thought was his starter. Period. Or Saban’s OC along with Saban thought was the starter. They were wrong.

I mean, seriously?

Irregardles of who starts or doesn’t for us, there is no way Saban starts somebody, so he can then ***** up and not have to play him any more. No fūcking way. Saban starts who he wants, when he wants, how he wants, without playing those games. Why on earth would Saban need the kid to “hang himself”? Why would Saban give a ****?

No. That’s the guy Saban thought was his starter. Period. Or Saban’s OC along with Saban thought was the starter. They were wrong.

I mean, seriously?

Yea.

I watched that game. The Dude started...and got pulled after the second drive and never played again.

On top of that, Hurts fumbled his first play (recovered by SC). The next drive they went three and out.

But somehow, the guy that started, never got a meaningful snap the rest of the year.

Sounds to me like Saban’s mind was made up before the game.

Watch the game. I’m sure it’s on YouTube.

Advertisement
Yea.

I watched that game. The Dude started...and got pulled after the second drive and never played again.

On top of that, Hurts fumbled his first play (recovered by SC). The next drive they went three and out.

But somehow, the guy that started, never got a meaningful snap the rest of the year.

Sounds to me like Saban’s mind was made up before the game.

Watch the game. I’m sure it’s on YouTube.

So...what’s your point?

Other than you’re some kind of bama slurper.

Yeah I mean week 5 is when we need to have one of the freshman starting by imo. Week 1 matters for us to have the shot to make the CFP. But it doesn't matter much for our ACC hopes. And then the next 3 weeks are easy games.

If Jarren gets eliminated from the QB competition it makes it pretty simple. Hed get a redshirt, then Nkosi and Weldon can get heavy reps weeks 2-4 vs the crap teams .... even if Rosier did start week 1. Week 5 is the final point where we need one of the freshman to step up by. But hopefully it wont even take that long. Ideally one of them would separate by the end of spring - which would probably make Rosier transfer out or something.

I’d prefer we run a two QB system against LSU and give Rosier or whoever is second team 2-3 drives a piece.

*Assuming the race is close*

If Rosier is the clear winner.....it is what it is. Give him the reps until he royally screws things up.

Advertisement
Back