Jarren Williams update

What did he do?

You serious? Read your own posts.

He let the starter hang himself with two bad drives to start the game....then pulled him for Hurts and never put the guy back in....even though Hurts sucked his first two drives as well.

It’s clear he had a preference. If it was truly a fair situation, he would’ve given the starter more reps....instead, the dude never played again and ended up transferring out by the end of September.

Advertisement

He let the starter hang himself with two bad drives to start the game....then pulled him for Hurts and never put the guy back in....even though Hurts sucked his first two drives as well.

It’s clear he had a preference. If it was truly a fair situation, he would’ve given the starter more reps....instead, the dude never played again and ended up transferring out by the end of September.

Some of us saw it - and you're right - it was a very decisive decision by Saban.

Let’s get a couple of things straight here.

First, I’m not an Alabama nut hugger, so off the top of my head I didn’t remember that whole situation. Now I recall some of it. It ended up with some controversy with that other guy trying to find a loophole to play that year for someone else and your boy Saban throwing his usual hissy fit.

Secondly, you have no fūcking idea what Saban was thinking before the game about the QBs and what his pre-game intentions are. So miss me with the Miss Cleo bullshlt. It’s a guess as to what you think his motivations were, not a statement of fact. Understand the difference?

Finally, first you started off by saying he started the game with your first post, which kind of implies at least a few series. Then I think you said one series, then 2. So I’m not the bammer expert like you, but I guess it doesn’t matter anyway, because unless you can find me a quote where Saban states why he did that, you’re just guessing.

Let’s get a couple of things straight here.

First, I’m not an Alabama nut hugger, so off the top of my head I didn’t remember that whole situation. Now I recall some of it. It ended up with some controversy with that other guy trying to find a loophole to play that year for someone else and your boy Saban throwing his usual hissy fit.

Secondly, you have no fūcking idea what Saban was thinking before the game about the QBs and what his pre-game intentions are. So miss me with the Miss Cleo bullshlt. It’s a guess as to what you think his motivations were, not a statement of fact. Understand the difference.

Finally, first you started off by saying he started the game with your first post, which kind of implies at least a few series. Then I think you said one series, then 2. So I’m not the bammer expert like you, but I guess it doesn’t matter anyway, because unless you can find me a quote where Saban states why he did that, you’re just guessing.

I didn’t say he started the game. I said the “other dude” started and then got benched for Hurts. Check the post again.

It’s not Miss Cleo bull****. It’s pretty clear they had a favorite...and ran with their favorite even after he did nothing, the same as the other guy that actually started, after 2-3 drives.

I don’t need to read his mind to see the agenda with his ACTIONS.

You’re derailing this thread because you didn’t remember something and now you’re acting like a kid with the Bama talk. Grow up. It’s just message board...no need to get this defensive.

Advertisement
Not derailing. I looked it up to refresh my memory.

You’re guessing.

Nobody knows what Saban was thinking with Blake Barnett who started vs USC. Barnett says one thing. Another QB that left has a different take. Then there’s Saban’s take. Then there’s 100 different opinions on the internet as to what Saban was intending.

But only YOU know what he was actually thinking before the game.

Congratulations on your gift.

Not derailing. I looked it up to refresh my memory.

You’re guessing.

Nobody knows what Saban was thinking with Blake Barnett who started vs USC. Barnett says one thing. Another QB that left has a different take. Then there’s Saban’s take. Then there’s 100 different opinions on the internet as to what Saban was intending.

But only YOU know what he was actually thinking before the game.

Congratulations on your gift.

OCC you can't argue with a couple new posters on board to just argue any and everything

OCC you can't argue with a couple new posters on board to just argue any and everything

I suppose you’re right.

Whatever Saban was doing, nobody really knows with Saban, because he does as he likes, and ethics aren’t his strong point. But to think that Richt is going to follow some Saban master plan for quarterback subterfuge and musical chairs and play tank the quarterback is plain nuts.

First, he doesn’t play those games. Not as far as I have seen. He’s generally a straight shooter. Second, I’m sure he does not want to play QB musical chairs. He’d much rather have a settled performing QB. Who wouldn’t. Now, he could be forced to yank a starter, but I seriously doubt he’s going into a game thinking “I’m going to yank that guy for sure”

He MAY have a shorter leash this year, simply because the differences between 1 and 3 may not be great. That’s possible.

Personally, I’m hoping somebody makes the job theirs, but things don’t always go according to plan.

I suppose you’re right.

Whatever Saban was doing, nobody really knows with Saban, because he does as he likes, and ethics aren’t his strong point. But to think that Richt is going to follow some Saban master plan for quarterback subterfuge and musical chairs and play tank the quarterback is plain nuts.

First, he doesn’t play those games. Not as far as I have seen. He’s generally a straight shooter. Second, I’m sure he does not want to play QB musical chairs. He’d much rather have a settled performing QB. Who wouldn’t. Now, he could be forced to yank a starter, but I seriously doubt he’s going into a game thinking “I’m going to yank that guy for sure”

He MAY have a shorter leash this year, simply because the differences between 1 and 3 may not be great. That’s possible.

Personally, I’m hoping somebody makes the job theirs, but things don’t always go according to plan.

You’re not this dense. No way.

Let me know if you see any difference between their first 5 drives of that game.

Somehow the guy that had those last three drives that led to 29 yds in 11 plays was given the keys to the team for the rest of the season.
Note - same guy was responsible for the fumble in their third drive.

It’s not rocket science. They had a guy...and they gave their guy a long leash to be successful...even though his performance through the first three drives was average.

And I agree - he doesn’t play musical chairs...that’s why he said eff it and picked Hurts....even though he looked scared as **** the first 4-5x he touched the ball.

Confirmation bias happens with football coaches too.

248FF408-24CC-4273-81C5-6F96D27BA598.jpeg

Advertisement

Let me know if you see any difference between their first 5 drives of that game.

Somehow the guy that had those last three drives that led to 29 yds in 11 plays was given the keys to the team for the rest of the season.

It’s not rocket science. They had a guy...and they gave their guy a long leash to be successful...even though his performance through the first three drives was average.

And I agree - he doesn’t play musical chairs...that’s why he said eff it and picked Hurts....even though he looked scared as **** the first 4-5x he touched the ball.

View attachment 59314

You’re an idiot.

This might be a Alabama/Hurts situation (from his freshman year).

Saban pretty much knew the job was his.... but he gave the other dude the start against USCw and let him essentially hang himself through poor play their first few drives before giving Hurts the reigns permanently.
This is what I think will happen right here ^ feel like we are going to have to open up the play book against lsu and rosier Just won't be able to get it done after a couple of drives I know coach O is a coach to laugh at but he does know defense though and they have some players on that side of the ball

View attachment 59314

Saban was still giving snaps to the other guy a few games in to that season. Youre really just making stuff up.

This is one of the dumbest arguments in recent memory, so I'll jump right in.

So what, saban gave a guy the start because he didn't have the stones to tell him he wasn't the starter? Doesn't it make more sense that he had 2 guys who looked about the same, he picked one, then pulled him when he couldn't get anything done? To me that makes the most sense, but as has been pointed out, none of us know what saban's thinking. I'd bet money that he's thinking about how sweet it would be if he could sell his children to satan so his team could average 17 more yards per game, but I don't actually know that.

Advertisement

So what, saban gave a guy the start because he didn't have the stones to tell him he wasn't the starter? Doesn't it make more sense that he had 2 guys who looked about the same, he picked one, then pulled him when he couldn't get anything done? To me that makes the most sense, but as has been pointed out, none of us know what saban's thinking. I'd bet money that he's thinking about how sweet it would be if he could sell his children to satan so his team could average 17 more yards per game, but I don't actually know that.

It’s a made up narrative to support another made up narrative. People just make stuff up.

Saban was still giving snaps to the other guy a few games in to that season. Youre really just making stuff up.

You’re an idiot. You know this stuff is on the internet. Right?

Here are the box scores from the very next two games.

By the way, dude transferred out at the end of September.

56A94FF6-C44B-478A-AEDF-ABD2D3F3FDD8.jpeg
9D66D239-1BE5-445E-A43B-006FDC1DF905.jpeg

Advertisement

Common sense.

Through the first 5 drives of the game, Alabama’s offense stunk. They couldn’t move the ball with either QB.

How the **** do you make a decision to roll with your true freshman QB after he’s stunk it up through his first three drives? That only makes sense if he’s your guy. Either that or he was suspended. (I’d actually believe that before I believe Saban just went with the hot hand....that wasn’t even hot at all. Lol)

NasaCane: “He never played again.”

Also NasaCane: “look idiot he played the very next game.”

Last edited:
So Saban gave snaps to the guy in the very next game? Wow you totally owned me

Yup. 6 passes in a 38-10 game. Compared to 36 attempts by Hurts. Youre right. Saban wasn’t sure who he’d go with. One guy just threw it 36 times against Western Kentucky....he wasn’t the starter tho. The job was still up in the air.

Advertisement
Back