Jarren Williams is a stud.

Advertisement
Jarren is the least of our problems
Jw is the p
Look at his feet, he simply didn’t step into the throw like he should have. He’s fading backwards and couldn’t drive the ball for a longer throw throwing off his back foot like that. Those little things matter and it’s something he will gain from in experience because he had space to step up and complete the pass for a td

I see it but since he been at Miami he hasn't thrown a deep ball

He’s judging by the deep balls like most fans do. Jarren’s arm is fine. He doesn’t have a howitzer, but he can make every throw.

For the life of me, I don’t understand the folks who can’t appreciate the ONE player who has shown SIGNIFICANT growth on our team. The kid just played a GREAT game, and because he can’t kick FGs, XPs, and can’t cover on 4&17, he’s somehow the problem.

Miami fans fugging kill me.

Look at his feet, he simply didn’t step into the throw like he should have. He’s fading backwards and couldn’t drive the ball for a longer throw throwing off his back foot like that. Those little things matter and it’s something he will gain from in experience because he had space to step up and complete the pass for a td

I'm not entirely sure he thought he could step into that one, the poor kid probably already has a touch of Patrick Ramsey syndrome after UFag....either that or he thought he could arm it out. Great adjustment by Harley fo sho.

Advertisement
All of this is just further confirmation that if Jarren had played last year Miami doesn’t lose a number of the games they had last year based on his accuracy and ball placement alone. If he would have took his lumps in the LSU game and then eased in with that easy schedule the next few games Savannah state, Toledo, unc etc we don’t go on that 4 game losing streak at all in 2018

For the life of me, I don’t understand the folks who can’t appreciate the ONE player who has shown SIGNIFICANT growth on our team. The kid just played a GREAT game, and because he can’t kick FGs, XPs, and can’t cover on 4&17, he’s somehow the problem.

Miami fans fugging kill me.
They never seem to be able to assign blame or credit properly. They probably still think the defense is the strength because it was good last year. Now Jarren is a bum because “he’s 0-2” and “not a gamer”. Knuckleheads.

Bullet for sure and between a few guys

Look at that play again. It’s the ONLY throw he has really. The other routes are pure **** (IMO), and Jarren force feeds the defense a foot long with that throw.

Compare Jarren’s throws to Sam’s throws - THE WINDOWS - how close are defenders and where the ball placement is.... it’s not even close. All night JW had to throw into tighter windows. Kid is a beast.

Advertisement
I'm not entirely sure he thought he could step into that one, the poor kid probably already has a touch of Patrick Ramsey syndrome after UFag....either that or he thought he could arm it out. Great adjustment by Harley fo sho.
looked to me like he aimed it

Enos made in game adjustments and from the moment we kicked the first field goal on we did literally whatever we wanted offensively. His playcalling is good and was consistently moving the ball even keeping the defense off the field yet the defense was still playing like they wanted to lose when they were handed a lead late.

Except score in the red zone.

Poor play calling though. The play calling protects him from fawkin up though lol

I agree with alot of poor play calling but on the protection piece, normally when an oc and crew are trying to protect a qb, they normally have him throwing mostly outside numbers, alot of jarrens passes had to be on the money and in tight windows, whereas with howell, alot of his passes were downfield and outside the numbers, its safe to say both teams seem to have found their qb!

Advertisement
They never seem to be able to assign blame or credit properly. They probably still think the defense is the strength because it was good last year. Now Jarren is a bum because “he’s 0-2” and “not a gamer”. Knuckleheads.

What exactly are you looking for in a quarterback when 5 of the 11 possessions are scoring opportunities that result in 4 field goal attempts and 1 turnover on downs? If we, the University of Miami, perform this way against the University of North Carolina, IN FOOTBALL, why the fugg are we celebrating? How does the QB get absolutely no blame whatsoever in that, and how does he get pats on the back for that performance? We can look at one play, the 4th and 17, and that's a real simple and easy way to look at it, and you don't have to think real hard to point that out as the culprit. But this is a 60 minute game where the entire team didn't play well enough from the quarterback, to the offensive line, to the tight ends, to the kicker, to the linebackers to the corners. As Santana would say, big time players make big time plays in big time games. They don't settle for field goals and make half-hearted attempts on 4th down.

Advertisement
What exactly are you looking for in a quarterback when 5 of the 11 possessions are scoring opportunities that result in 4 field goal attempts and 1 turnover on downs? If we, the University of Miami, perform this way against the University of North Carolina, IN FOOTBALL, why the fugg are we celebrating? How does the QB get absolutely no blame whatsoever in that, and how does he get pats on the back for that performance? We can look at one play, the 4th and 17, and that's a real simple and easy way to look at it, and you don't have to think real hard to point that out as the culprit. But this is a 60 minute game where the entire team didn't play well enough from the quarterback, to the offensive line, to the tight ends, to the kicker, to the linebackers to the corners. As Santana would say, big time players make big time plays in big time games. They don't settle for field goals and make half-hearted attempts on 4th down.

This is a massive oversimplification.

Even more evidence that Richt screwed us badly by not getting him into 4 games last year. Ugggg. Don't come at me with maturity issues, or off field problems when Perry was out there acting like a 7 year old with a flame thrower. Not that I would have minded having a flame thrower when I was 7.

Advertisement
Back