Jarren Williams is a stud.

This kid can play. We’re 2-0 if his supporting cast does their job. I’m going to give this kid props every chance I get, because it’s been forever since we’ve had competent quarterback play. Dude is a balla. When the game slows down for him, he is going to light it up!
Yes, yes, yes. I see a star in the making at the QB position. If OL keeps improving we'll be a good team real soon.
For the life of me, I don’t understand the folks who can’t appreciate the ONE player who has shown SIGNIFICANT growth on our team. The kid just played a GREAT game, and because he can’t kick FGs, XPs, and can’t cover on 4&17, he’s somehow the problem.

Miami fans fugging kill me.
I see a super star in the making with williams. He's getting confidence and so is the OL. Over the rest of the season expect to see the long ball. I'm more worried about the "D" and our ****** kicker.

Advertisement
Look at his feet, he simply didn’t step into the throw like he should have. He’s fading backwards and couldn’t drive the ball for a longer throw throwing off his back foot like that. Those little things matter and it’s something he will gain from in experience because he had space to step up and complete the pass for a td

yeah that was the throw that looked awkward as ****. He didn't step into that at all.

Advertisement
Sam Howell sure as **** beat us Saturday night.

Sam didn’t do a **** thing for the better part of 3 quarters. But I digress...

Frank Reich was a better quarterback than Kosar and history proves Bobby Ross was a better coach than Jimmy Johnson.

Sam didn’t do a **** thing for the better part of 3 quarters. But I digress...

Frank Reich was a better quarterback than Kosar and history proves Bobby Ross was a better coach than Jimmy Johnson.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion or what kind of point you're trying to make.

Sam Howell's team was coached the **** up, at home, and had 1 penalty called on them. Also has better interior play than us

I know, I know, it's the coaching, it's the O-line, it's the defense, it's the receivers. I've been on here, I know the arguments you all have on here when you fall in love with the quarterback.

Advertisement
If others do the basic requirements of their jobs, blocking for a PAT, making a chip shot field goal, catch a 2 point conversion right in their hands we score 30 in the red zone.

That should and would have been enough.

I was being hypercritical, but the point still stands. You can't say we dominated on offense when we get a touchdown on 50% of our redzone trips.

This kid can play. We’re 2-0 if his supporting cast does their job. I’m going to give this kid props every chance I get, because it’s been forever since we’ve had competent quarterback play. Dude is a balla. When the game slows down for him, he is going to light it up!

I don’t see it yet bro. I just don’t.

Now that UNC QB..that’s what I like.

Advertisement
I don’t see it yet bro. I just don’t.

Now that UNC QB..that’s what I like.

Bro, you know just as well as anybody on this board - coaching styles and offensive style makes a huge difference for QBs. If Sam would have gone to FSU, he would be ultra trash.

Phil Longo doesn’t have him making reads. His WRs are the the thinkers in the offense. Phil changes the play for him Pre-snap. And. He still missed plenty of wide open WRs on Saturday. Like WIDE open.

Longo had trash *** Ole Miss QBs looking just as good.

Last edited:
Bro, you know just as well as anybody on this board - coaching styles and offensive style make a huge difference for QBs. If Sam would have gone to FSU, he would be ultra trash.

Phil Longo doesn’t have him making reads. His WRs are the the thinkers in the offense. Phil changes the play for him Pre-snap. And. He still missed plenty of wide open WRs on Saturday. Like WIDE open.

Longo had trash *** Ole Miss QBs looking just as good.

That’s a great point about Longo.

I just need Jarren to throw them ball downfield more. I’m tired of the side to side ****. I hate it.

That’s a great point about Longo.

I just need Jarren to throw them ball downfield more. I’m tired of the side to side ****. I hate it.
It’s working though and with our oline still gelling it’s needed early on in terms of the bevy of slants and crossing routes right now. With the move of scaife to tackle hopefully that allows us more time to be able to throw down the field. On a lot of the throws he did have time to make them down the field with a good pocket. However on a few plays like the throw to Hightower on the last drive where he over threw him a little and especially the underthrown ball to Harley Jarren was throwing off his back foot and didn’t step into the throw to deliver the ball. Those little things matter and he will get better at throwing the deep ball if he fixes those issues. Imo he has the arm to do it for sure

Advertisement
LMAO. This is ridiculous. No the **** he didn’t.

tenor.gif

All of this is just further confirmation that if Jarren had played last year Miami doesn’t lose a number of the games they had last year based on his accuracy and ball placement alone. If he would have took his lumps in the LSU game and then eased in with that easy schedule the next few games Savannah state, Toledo, unc etc we don’t go on that 4 game losing streak at all in 2018
Disagree

I know, I know, it's the coaching, it's the O-line, it's the defense, it's the receivers. I've been on here, I know the arguments you all have on here when you fall in love with the quarterback.
when did this board fall in love with a qb that actually started for Miami? remind me please.

Advertisement
Back