Jarren Williams HS Coach

When he proves that he is, that will be the only justification anybody needs, most importantly, Mark Richt.
Thanks, captain obvious. If you reread your posts, you'll see yourself justifying backing Malik as the starter because you don't believe changing one component will "right the ship". That's like turning down a new Ferrari because you don't think you have a nice enough garage. FOH

Advertisement
Well our running backs ran for 16 yards against Pitt, UNC out rushed us 176 to 59 and put up over 400 yards of offense, Syracuse had 264 yards rushing (5.2 per carry!), Toledo threw the ball for 344 yards, and Virginia had 384 passing and out gained us 439 to 358.

But you go ahead thinking it's funny and that throwing a True Freshman QB in there is going to fix everything.

Are you family of his? Because ive yet to see one thread discussing the offense that you're not all over it defending Rosier and crapping on the idea of anyone else beating him out..

i was a strong supporter of Rosier midway through the season and remember thinking during the Syracuse game, that was his best game and hes actually improving his accuracy.. boy was i wrong. I also, unlike many here, believe hes capable of improving even though he's a 5 year senior. He didnt craft his skills, nor even watch film for the first 3 years in the program and that has obviously changed. But, having experience and heart can only go so far. He will never become accurate and that will always hamper our offense. I dont think Williams will be ready come LSU, but if all the rumblings are true, he will take his spot and not relinquish it.

My observations take into account a little more than just the raw stats. It's not just the number of yards or points we gave up, it's the quality of opposition to which we surrendered those yards. By and large we played up to and down to our competition all season. Aside from Clemson, who I feel is just better, and Wisconsin, we generally played our best football against the best opposition on both sides of the ball. But on the flip side, we played **** poor against 1-8 UNC, 4-4 Syracuse, 4-7 Pitt, and 6-5 Virginia. I've caught a lot of flack on here for being a "Rosier defender" when the reality of it is that I just don't believe changing one component is all we need to do to right the ship and put us in a position to compete with the elite programs. Another thing we need to correct is this idea that inferior teams are just going to lie down for us. I don't care if it's UNC. That isn't an excuse for the defensive and offensive lines to both take a game off. That team is 1-8. They have nothing to lose. WE ARE THEIR BOWL GAME.

There's not a position group on the team that didn't let the wheels fall off at times last season. I think we can both agree that defense, and DL especially, was the best unit, but the white speck on top of chicken ****, is still chicken ****.

I agree that they often played down to the level of their opponents. They came out flat against BCC and Toledo in addition to the ones you listed.

Rosier defender or not, you're a good poster. Even if I don't agree with you, you usually make a point to list specifics instead of just saying "such and such sucks".

Are you family of his? Because ive yet to see one thread discussing the offense that you're not all over it defending Rosier and crapping on the idea of anyone else beating him out..

i was a strong supporter of Rosier midway through the season and remember thinking during the Syracuse game, that was his best game and hes actually improving his accuracy.. boy was i wrong. I also, unlike many here, believe hes capable of improving even though he's a 5 year senior. He didnt craft his skills, nor even watch film for the first 3 years in the program and that has obviously changed. But, having experience and heart can only go so far. He will never become accurate and that will always hamper our offense. I dont think Williams will be ready come LSU, but if all the rumblings are true, he will take his spot and not relinquish it.

I don't really care if it's Rosier and his accuracy issues or one of the young bucks and their inexperience under center,

His analysis of Perry and Williams has me much less concerned about our QB situation. Knowing we have capable arms to challenge Rosier or step up if he isn’t performing at a high enough level can at least back us fans away from the ledge and wait to see how it pans out.

Richt has been very open and public about where each QB needs to improve by fall camp in order to throw their name in the hat. Now we get to see who has that dog in them.

Those are just a few, but like everything else, you only see what you want to see.

Thanks, captain obvious. If you reread your posts, you'll see yourself justifying backing Malik as the starter because you don't believe changing one component will "right the ship". That's like turning down a new Ferrari because you don't think you have a nice enough garage. FOH
Where's this Ferrari? Who on the team has proven themselves to be a Ferrari?
Blindly swapping out your 11-3 starter who just happens to be the single season record holder at Miami for yards and TDs for a True Freshman with about 12 practices under his belt, but looks good throwing the ball in 7v7 drills is like trading in a reliable car for a Ferrari without first making sure it has an engine just because it will look good in the garage.

Advertisement
Whether or not he eventually leads us to a NC is beside the point. If we do need more pieces to get to that level, why wouldn't you want to improve the most important position on the field ASAP? Being a better QB than Rosier is all the justification I'll need when Jarren takes over.

How is it beside the point, I thought it WAS the point - how can we win a national title this year?

Whoever can help us accomplish that at the QB position should start this year. I don’t think it’s Williams, just because it is so incredibly rare for a true freshman to do so. To the surprise of many on here, he’ll probably redshirt like Perry and Weldon did last year. But don’t be foolish to think that I believe we can’t get better production out of the QB position. I’ll just believe it when I see it, as we’ve been fooled by Greentree all-stars plenty of times in the past.

I agree that they often played down to the level of their opponents. They came out flat against BCC and Toledo in addition to the ones you listed.

Rosier defender or not, you're a good poster. Even if I don't agree with you, you usually make a point to list specifics instead of just saying "such and such sucks".
I think we both agree that there has to be better play from the QB position before we can take the next step. I'm simply adding that I think it's going to take improved play from other position groups as well. Clemson whipped our asses in all three phases of the game, not just QB play. There was not a single position group on that field who was even close to matching the play of their counter parts across the ball. I think the defense has improved a ton, but we're going to struggle when Kelly Bryant can start the game 14 of 14 passing.

And I also think that until someone else is named the starter, the coaches believe that the much needed improved QB play can come from Rosier, himself. It should be obvious, but isn't to most, that Richt does not believe that we've seen the best Malik Rosier he can put on the field. If he thought like many posters here do that the Pitt game is all he's capable of, that teams have figured him out and know exactly how to plan against us and beat us so long as he's under center, that Richt would have shown him the door. He'd have burned Perry's shirt without giving it a second thought if he KNEW that Rosier had no shot at beating Clemson or Wisconsin.

Blindly swapping out your 11-3 starter who just happens to be the single season record holder at Miami for yards and TDs for a True Freshman with about 12 practices under his belt, but looks good throwing the ball in 7v7 drills is like trading in a reliable car for a Ferrari without first making sure it has an engine just because it will look good in the garage.

That’s poetry my friend.

did you often not see Jeff Thomas running wide open on go routes?

Advertisement
How is it beside the point, I thought it WAS the point - how can we win a national title this year?
Some might say it's the ONLY point.

"Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing." - Red Sanders
"Just win baby" - Al Davis.
"Winning is not a sometimes thing. It's an all the time thing." - Vince Lombardi
"It's no secret that this state produces high-quality players, ... And there is no reason why every team in the state can't become a winning one." - Howard Schnellenberger
"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby.

Irrelevant. You argued a concept - that you back Malik because the team needs other pieces. That has nothing to do with who the better option is. You can replace Ferrari with anything that would signify improvement & my point remains the same: you implied that you back Malik as the starter because you don't think the rest of the team is championship level yet. Absurd

Whoever can help us accomplish that at the QB position should start this year. I don’t think it’s Williams, just because it is so incredibly rare for a true freshman to do so. To the surprise of many on here, he’ll probably redshirt like Perry and Weldon did last year. But don’t be foolish to think that I believe we can’t get better production out of the QB position. I’ll just believe it when I see it, as we’ve been fooled by Greentree all-stars plenty of times in the past.
Jesus. You cannot be this dense.

Whether or not they can lead you to a national championship, you play the best players. The point being discussed pertains to who our best QB is.

Advertisement
Jesus. You cannot be this dense.

Whether or not they can lead you to a national championship, you play the best players. The point being discussed pertains to who our best QB is.

The only dense thing that I could possibly do right now is try to make sense of what you just said.

This thread is a good example of how bullshìt spreads by repetition, what with the two dimwits jerking eachother off after every senseless post :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

This thread is a good example of how bullshìt spreads by repetition, what with the two dimwits jerking eachother off after every senseless post :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

You just said that it’s less important to play the players that can help you win. You are in no position to call anyone dense or a dimwit.

Advertisement
Irrelevant. You argued a concept - that you back Malik because the team needs other pieces. That has nothing to do with who the better option is. You can replace Ferrari with anything that would signify improvement & my point remains the same: you implied that you back Malik as the starter because you don't think the rest of the team is championship level yet. Absurd
I never argued that. The post of mine to which you originally replied was that Williams will start once he’s proven himself. I don’t back anything but the coachs’ decision, and I back it because they know more than I do. They have access to more information than I have, and they have a greater knowledge and understanding and experience which guides them in the evaluation of that information.

YOU back a guy. YOU have argued for starting a true freshman EVEN IF he does not give us the best chance to win a game. You think you know more than the coaches and that all your guy needs is a chance and a little game experience. You KNOW this with so much conviction that you feel the need to trash our current starter, who the coaches have decided gives us the best chance to win, you feel the need to exaggerate how bad he was or attribute his accomplishments entirely to the performance of others.

All because you think tearing down one player is going to make your guy stand tall.

You just said that it’s less important to play the players that can help you win. You are in no position to call anyone dense or a dimwit.
I don't wanna embarrass you. You're a Cane after all. That's not close to what I said. I'll restate it: regardless of whether the team is good enough to win a national championship, you play your best players - as in the ones that give you the best chance to win

I don't wanna embarrass you. You're a Cane after all. That's not close to what I said. I'll restate it: regardless of whether the team is good enough to win a national championship, you play your best players - as in the ones that give you the best chance to win

You are incapable of embarrassing me, but I’m glad you’ve reworded your argument because I can agree to that new statement. I think we are good enough to win now though. I’m not sure if there is a team in the country that can beat us if we played as we did against ND.

Advertisement
Back